Why nut ToysRUs?

jinx723

:huh: I was just wondering, Toysrus has always backed G.I. Joe since the 80s, why is it Target and Walmart always get new Sigma 6 stuff before TRU? I've been to TRUs that still have Wave 1 Sigma 6 stuff from last year, and today I went to Target and they had new stuff, "statue packs". I really don't follow/buy the Sigma 6 stuff but it's nice to see anything G.I. Joe still in stores. Also why are the DragonHawks $19.99 after only 6 months? I thought this was a hot item from the reviews and comments I've read from other board members.

The stuff, especially bigger stuff is shelf-rotting. And not all TRUs get the new stuff last. I found Destro, for example at TRU before anywhere else.

I'm just waiting for friggin TRU to get in any of the new 3" stuff. I had to drive 600 miles to find the Viper Pit.

Wal-Mart is a bigger store (though not necessarily the biggest toy store since TRU's selection is obviously bigger) and TRU has been hurting for money int he past few years with having closed most of it's stores now.

Yeah, store per store, an average TRU will carry a LOT more toys than a given Walmart, but you have many times the number of Walmart stores, each trafficing a LOT more people at given day than TRU.

TRU is still in many cases stuck in the catch 22 of retail: consumers want the newest, but the store has to sell the old stuff first.

ToysRUs doesn't always get the stuff last.

Its all a gamble.

I've found the newest stuff at Walmart, Target , and TRUs.

It all just depends on circumstances.

Like did you get there before some little kid jacked the last Destro.

Or did they just restock last night.

Or there was a sale last week and now the aisles are empty so new stuff might come in.

Or, TRUs does this a lot, a freaking old wave case comes in from the back and its last year's stuff.

But I have found 'new' stuff first at TRUs before.

Stevy hit it right on the head...

My particular store (TRU #8361) has had the smaller Wave 1 2.5" vehicles and mission packs for so long that there is literally a thin layer of dust on them. Meanwhile, we've been briskly selling the medium-sized vehicles so much that we just got the Iron Hammer and the HISS Tank in stock last week. What this means is that we'll probably not see the Street Razor nor the scaled-down RHINO copter for quite some time, unless over the holidays, we REALLY start moving the older stuff. Also sales of the 8" figures have really been picking up in the last few months, and we just got the newest Commando wave in (Arctic SE/w Timber, CC in black uniform, Zartan, etc.)

This really is a double-edged sword because if these things sit for so long that it all ends up getting clearanced, that effectively means the end of the Sigma 6 2.5 line being carried by our store (not necessarily ALL TRUs) because they aren't proving to be a big seller and therefore our buyer won't reorder anything from our distribution center for that particular toy line. It's all down to whether it turns a profit for the individual store or not...

I had to drive 600 miles to find the Viper Pit.

These are the kind of stories/posts that Hasbro needs to see. If you're so dedicated to finding and buying them, why can't Hasbro be this dedicated to making them? (the good ARAH stuff, I mean)

Of course, he could have saved 600 miles in gas by just ordering the stupid set from one of several online etailers...