Anyone use the DTC Night Humvee as a Cobra vehicle?

DPrime

Nah, would never go in that direction.

COBRA never came across as the kind of organization to use many, or any, conventional vehicle designs. The wackier the vehicles look, the more they seem to shriek COBRA.

GIJOE seems meant to have all the "conventional" stuff like Humvees.

I agree, but the black just doesn't scream GI Joe to me. It reminds me too much of the old Stinger.

I think if they really wanted this to be a GI Joe vehicle, it should have been a really dark olive drab, with logos of course. I know the Night Force vehicles were black, but I never really liked them I guess...

I have plans to rough it up a little and add some Dreadnok graphitti and call it the Thunder Machine. I see the dreadnoks as having their fighting vehicles as stuff they have stolen and modified. Most of thetime its military vehicles they steal so they just add their Dreadnok logos to it and use it until it falls apart and then they steal another. No need to waist money on that stuff when you can fix up your chopper.

Guest McBragg

Nope. Cobra using Humvees feels wrong. And while I liked the Stinger, joes and cobras using the same vehicles is kinda lame.

i think the night attack humvee is kinda boring because it's all black.

If it were a Cobra vehicle, it'd be bright red, with a gigantic laser gun on the top...

It would never work as a cobra vehicle, though.

Too.... familiar....(As mentioned above, Cobra only tends to use bespoke military hardware).

Now, if it was a half-track version...(Or maybe one which had only tanktracks, instead of wheels, maybe it would work then...).

Bar.

I agree, but the black just doesn't scream GI Joe to me. It reminds me too much of the old Stinger.

I think if they really wanted this to be a GI Joe vehicle, it should have been a really dark olive drab, with logos of course. I know the Night Force vehicles were black, but I never really liked them I guess...

You know about the one that came out before that one right?

They made a Jungle Humvee in dark green camo.

But yeah, I've seen people use it as an IronGrenadier vehicle with Destro sigils on it.

It would need a cool missile launcher with red missiles in the back to become a Stinger Jeep for Cobra IMO.

Yeah, I know about the Jungle Humvee... not quite what I meant. Anyway, I still kind of wish Reprolabels would do up a custom set for Cobra, kind of like how they do custom "evil" sets for certain Transformers.

Check out this guy's website:

http://www.the334thjoeco.com/decalshome.html

He sales label sheets of old vehicles.

I don't think he has the Stinger but he has the HISS, FANG, and FlightPod, plus Cobra Sigils.

I'm sure you could use them to customize a JOE vehicle into a Cobra one.

Yeah, I know about the Jungle Humvee... not quite what I meant. Anyway, I still kind of wish Reprolabels would do up a custom set for Cobra, kind of like how they do custom "evil" sets for certain Transformers.

Check out this guy's website:

http://www.the334thjoeco.com/decalshome.html

He sales label sheets of old vehicles.

I don't think he has the Stinger but he has the HISS, FANG, and FlightPod, plus Cobra Sigils.

I'm sure you could use them to customize a JOE vehicle into a Cobra one.

Yeah, I've used a few of his sets. I prefer Ruben's customs, or the few sets GI Joe Heaven has done, because they're more accurate.

I'm still on the fence about putting stickers on my own Humvee (I did buy some Cobra sigils in case I change my mind, though), but the guys at Reprolabels have a pretty good sense of design when they do their own "custom sets" (rather than the custom "normal" sets I mean), I'd still like to see them try their hand at some GI Joe stuff.