Gi joe Auctions that make you go "WTF"?

Toiletmonkey1

Guest McBragg

This one isn't that too odd some kit-bashed figures...

Customized Joes Lot

But I calculate shipping.

Nearly $40 U.S.P.S. priorty, over $22 fed ex! I don't live close to Oregon, but I don't live in Tibet, either.

Isoldit sites are generally ignorant of what they have and take you for shipping. I saw them toss GI JOE HQ parts in with Hoth playsets....uh...

$30+ for someone's LBC figures....no thanks.

Here's a star wars lot from the same Isoldit outlet:

At-At, At-st customs and parts

Turret Walker! What the heck?!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest vintage lot ever, a once in a lifeime find? and such a bargin!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASSIVE-GI-JOE-LOT-ACT...1QQcmdZViewItem

While those figures do look super minty (SS is so white he's almost glowing), and there are a fair amount of valuable figures there, the $2,000 price tag is way too steep. And the $100 shipping fee is ridiculous. I think it's safe to say this guy lost his listing fees.

• 2 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-ARAH-1982-COBRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

Okay, this one really has me scratching my head.

AFA really approved of this? But he started out loose. . .before he was slabbed! You can't really call it an "accessory error", can you? I mean--seriously. :rolleyes:

I used to be somewhat suspicious of AFA, now I'm downright paranoid.

-PJ

Wow...that person who got that cobra commander opened and graded is an IDIOT for this reason...why didnt he just sell the MISB cobra commander w/two pistols?? Why send it to AFA, have them OPEN it, and then just say that it came with two pistols. Who cares after its open? The figure is no longer one of a kind, but just a common SA cobra commander in nice shape with two common guns locked up in a plastic case so you cant even hold him. REALLY stupid

-saboteur

I dunno... he still sold a piece of plastic that originally went for .. what $4.00 for $300? I personally am not a fan of this grading racket. Ungraded items goes for $100. The graded goes for $500? I can't justify an extra $400 in a purchase because some guy I never net gave it a thumbs up. But I could be alone in this.

he probably would have gotten more for that though if it hadnt been graded. For that thing graded i'd give him about 20-25 dollars, but MISB i would give him probably a few hundred, simply because of the guns.

-saboteur

That auction doesn't even make sense.

According to the auction it "hasn't been touched by human hands". Then how did they get it into the case? They are trying to play it off as an some kind of error, just because the original owner had an extra gun laying around.

Gotta love it! :D

Wow...that person who got that cobra commander opened and graded is an IDIOT for this reason...why didnt he just sell the MISB cobra commander w/two pistols?? Why send it to AFA, have them OPEN it, and then just say that it came with two pistols. Who cares after its open? The figure is no longer one of a kind, but just a common SA cobra commander in nice shape with two common guns locked up in a plastic case so you cant even hold him. REALLY stupid

-saboteur

I know this guy!!! I was at his house today, he has a nice MOC V1 SS with a cracked bubble that I'm gonna get off him, he sent a bunch of stuff that was ruined to get loose AFA graded, his kitchen/back storage room's pipes exploded earlier in the year and a bunch of cards got waterlogged, Stalker straight arm, Firefly, CC, stormshadow.. and a couple others.. they were pretty much worthless on the cards, so that's why he sent them off to get graded...

I hate figure grading personally, heck, if I want to know what something's worth, I'll find out, I don't nee dsome overpriced company telling me.. but whatever...

This is true...if it was MOC (i was assuming that it was sealed in a baggie), then AFA could confirm that someone didnt just reseal an extra pistol in there. Still...if it clearly wasnt resealed then i would never send it to afa. To one and each their own i guess though.

-saboteur

OK GUYS THIS IS A MYSTERY LOT EVERYTHING IN HERE WILL BE ON THE CARD AND IN THE BOX ALL NEW STUFF SO YOU CANT GO WRONG ON THIS LOT OK HERE IS THE WAY WE ARE GOING TO WORK THIS FOR EVERY 10 BIDS I WILL ADD 1 ITEM TO THIS LOT THE ITEMS RANGE FROM PRICE 3.00 TO 20.00 THE MORE BIDS THE BIGGER THE MYSTERY AND FOR EVERY 10 WATCHERS I WILL ADD ONE MORE ITEM SO WHEN PEOPLE WATCH THIS ITEM THE MYSTERY GROWS ALSO WATCHERS DONT MEAN LOOKERS JUST THE PEOPLE THAT CLICK WATCH THIS ITEM IS WHAT IM LOOKING FOR AND FOR THEM FOR EVERY 10 OF THEM I WILL ADD 1 MORE ITEM FOR THEM WATCHERS SO I WILL UP DATE THIS AS WE GO AND TELL YOU ALL ABOUT YOUR PRIZES IF YOUR GOOD LOL HEHE BUT THEN IT WOULDNT BE LIKE CHRISTMAS TIME IF I TOLD SO I WILL THINK ABOUT THAT :) GOOD LUCK TO ALL BIDDERS AND HAPPY BIDDING TO All I WILL TELL YOU NOW I WILL START THIS WITH A GI JOE 6 PACK WILL NOT SAY WHAT ONE BUT I WILL START IT WITH A 6 PACK WORTH 20.00

I just thought this was pretty funny... I'll merge it up top in a little bit, into the WTF auction thread..

Just think.. if we get like 100 TNIers to watch it, that's 10 items he'll add...

granted.. it's probably all stuff he got from HTS.com's sale, lol.. but still...

Here is what worries me

Feeback left by buyers

STUPID TARD LIED AND PLAYED GAMES, EVIDENTLY NOT FIRST ISSUE, DO NOT TRUST !!!! travismiller78 ( 243) Apr-03-07 04:57

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Apr-03-07 09:15):

package was shiped he is the sore ebayer but thank you for the feedback

Follow-up by travismiller78 (Apr-03-07 16:21):

NO PROBLEM, WELL BUDDY GOT ANOTHER GIFT ITS AN INVESTIGATION FROM EBAY, CHEERS!

-- (#6065678514)

DEADBEAT SELLER, DISHONEST AND UNTRUSTWORTHY, PACKAGE INSURED BUT WONT REFUND !! travismiller78 ( 243) Apr-03-07 04:50

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Apr-03-07 09:16):

i will only sell to 1 guy in canada now thats condornight because of this ass

Follow-up by travismiller78 (Apr-03-07 16:16):

THIS BABY BEGGED ME LIKE A DOG TO REMOVE MY FEEDBACK, BEG HARDER NEXT TIME FIDO

Item not as described - and seller is unprofessional. nkuntz ( 360) Mar-23-07 10:13

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Mar-23-07 13:36):

never said it was in a case you cry babie

Item arrived broken and the seller did not return e-mail inquiring about it

Never recieved item. Unfortuntely outside paypal's protection grace period. sigh hollywoodpay ( 67) Jan-28-07 16:23

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Jan-29-07 22:44):

Titanic (DVD, 2005) was shiped to this person

Seller shipped illegal store copy. Did not refund full amount. Horrible seller atlas80 ( 500) Nov-03-06 16:02

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Nov-03-06 22:30):

i did send a full refund i clicked full refund you just wanted extra shipping

NO CASE, and all scratched up!!!! mattpayne83 ( 55) Oct-25-06 15:20

-- (#340090869230)

This seller shipped the wrong item, did not respond to contact, do not deal w/ dubya509 ( 15) Oct-20-06 18:20

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Oct-21-06 11:32):

retract feedback and return game and refund will be given did not get ur email

the game is pretty scratched up and it freezes up completely at a certain part jcooperwood ( 23)

No longer a registered user Sep-28-06 08:58

-- (#340055680063)

changes price of item and shipping after purchases, unpatient and threatening stonewoe ( 10)

No longer a registered user Aug-28-06 10:42

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Aug-30-06 13:23):

He asked for free shipping for 100.00 purchase, only had to pay delivary confirm

Rating withdrawn by eBay

Buyer didn't respond to the Unpaid item notification for this transaction. Learn more.

-- (#300017949592)

good delivery time, but was somewhat damaged upon arrival. unigrad10 ( 5 ) Aug-20-06 06:37

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Aug-21-06 18:51):

Item was sent in perfect condition, insurance is a plus cant control the mailman

-- (#340018721759)

Took awhile to ship. gymteach59 ( 14) Aug-11-06 16:41

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Aug-21-06 18:52):

item was shipped in timely manner lost in mail and returned to me then to you.

Comic in TERRIBLE shape, no bag or board, just yellow envelope. Unbelievably bad rwpickel ( 413) Aug-10-06 15:19

Reply by gijoedealer2000 (Aug-21-06 18:55):

comic was in good shape when mailed, insurance is a plus accidents occur in mail

Follow-up by rwpickel (Sep-21-06 16:32):

Insurance was not offered. It was mailed with *no* protection. Complete idiot.

-- (#300008098371)

not very well packaged, caused item to crease. high shipping. still good seller. jesusfreak! ( 65) Mar-22-06 23:00

-- (#6017280881)

you sent me the wrong toy. The picture didnt matchup with the item i was sent ramaadeen513 ( -1 ) Feb-28-06 09:36

-- (#6017021459)

Took forever to get to me, longer than it should've djsurf420 ( 62) Jan-13-06 10:21

-- (#12376643716)

Here is ones he left for others

the first one if for a "mystery pack"

its called a mystery and you leave me neu im willing to remove if you are Buyer: transmetalimus ( 166) Jul-10-07 22:27

MYSTERY G I JOE LOT ALL NEW STUFF (#290129904540)

sold a game for 1.25 like new without a box and he crys like a kid leaves me bad Buyer: nkuntz ( 360) Mar-25-07 06:59

Reply by nkuntz (Mar-25-07 11:18):

Sells me a bum game, and leaves ME a (-)? Seller is clearly a novice (or moron)

VERY UNCOOPERATIVE EBAYER NOTHING BUT A BIG HASSLE VERY RUDE PERSON

i was sick so here is your feedback thank you

was working when it left here sorry for your luck pay for some uns next time ( Buyer: fleck586 ( 149) Feb-28-07 23:28

Reply by fleck586 (Mar-01-07 21:16):

You sent me a broken game and I'M the one who gets a negative? What a jerk!

fast payment great ebayer would sell to anytime come see me again thanks Buyer: hollywoodpay ( 67) Dec-23-06 07:31

Reply by hollywoodpay (Feb-07-07 21:33):

FRAUD! NEVER GOT ITEM! He said he would refund but DIDN'T after I withdrew neg

So ANYONE planning to bid on this, BEWARE this guy obviously is shady

So ANYONE planning to bid on this, BEWARE this guy obviously is shady

WOW.. that's kinda bad, lol.. I guess I should have looked, I saw 99% and thought it should be fine.. but now that I think about it, he's got a lot of feedback so of course his percentage would be high..

what's worse, is if you look at one of your quoted feedbacks, ha says he'll only ship to one Canadian Condorknight... and how funny is it that now, that guy is the highest bidder????

How much you wanna bet he asked him to bid on it ;)

anyway.. I removed the link.. cause he does seem pretty shady