Gi joe Auctions that make you go "WTF"?

Toiletmonkey1

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hope this isn't what we have to look forward to... http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-25TH-Mail-Away...S:B:SRCH:US:101

Very interesting considering i'd thought that people who had those were people they were given to for reviews on their sites. I'm sure Hasbro would love knowing someone decided to sell it.

I think they're just starting to ship out now...at least, that's what a lot of people are claiming. There are some people selling them for about, $40-$50, so maybe they aren't quite that expensive. Or the people selling them are just trying to "cut-a-deal" to people...

Hope this isn't what we have to look forward to... http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-JOE-25TH-Mail-Away...S:B:SRCH:US:101

Very interesting considering i'd thought that people who had those were people they were given to for reviews on their sites. I'm sure Hasbro would love knowing someone decided to sell it.

I think they're just starting to ship out now...at least, that's what a lot of people are claiming. There are some people selling them for about, $40-$50, so maybe they aren't quite that expensive. Or the people selling them are just trying to "cut-a-deal" to people...

I got mine on Friday (the 25th), and I didn't send in until after the second slew of comic packs (Ace/Wild Weasel, Crimson Twins, etc). I can totally believe that someone who bought all the first ones and sent in their order several weeks before me would have it in hand on the 16th (when the auction started).

Since they're obviously being mailed out to buyers now, not only is there likely nothing to report to Hasbro, I doubt they'd care at all. Even if it is a 'review figure', tracking the seller down and wagging a finger for selling it a mere week before they started showing up en masse seems pretty silly.

Though this is a GI Joe figures from back in the day but $999 for a starting bid??I can understand(well not really)if it was AFA graded. I got a 20 back pre 1983 Breaker for 80 bucks.This is rediculos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-Gijoe-1983-Stal...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think your AFA comment hit the nail on the head.

Even though he doesn't have it graded, you can tell by the pics it's pretty much free of imperfections.

To me or you, it may seem ridiculous to pay such high prices for a MOC toy, but to some people this might seem reasonable, or even seem like a deal.

If it's truly in the condition he says it's in, he'll probably have no problems selling it...

That's just how sick the vintage MOC people are. @lol@

Must be nice having more money than you know what to do with. @smilepunch@

Hey gang! I'm kinda new here, I used to post on the Star Wars and ML boards, but lately all my attention has focused to GI Joe. Anyways, I saw this auction the other day and I don't know what the heck it is?! I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to GI Joe, but I've never heard of this "Sears exclusive" before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=006

Hey gang! I'm kinda new here, I used to post on the Star Wars and ML boards, but lately all my attention has focused to GI Joe. Anyways, I saw this auction the other day and I don't know what the heck it is?! I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable guy when it comes to GI Joe, but I've never heard of this "Sears exclusive" before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=006

Wow - I've NEVER heard of or seen that before. Is that real? I had to check YoJoe.com - nothing on this that I saw.

I don't think that actually exists. It must be from some other reality.

Yes, that's the most logical explanation. This is a link to Earth-22's eBay.

phew - I'm glad that's cleared up.

That said - I WANT ONE!!!!!!

Haha, I'll take one too. Idk, the seller is from Canada, maybe it's an exclusive from there? Are there Sears' in Canada?

Yes there are.

If memory serves this was a Canadian sears exclusive but I can be wrong on that.

Yeah, I emailed the seller and asked. They told me it was a 1984 exclusive, so it must have been Sears in Canada. What I'm surprised about is that's the first time I've ever heard or seen this thing. I'd like to see the box art for this one.

Yeah, I emailed the seller and asked. They told me it was a 1984 exclusive, so it must have been Sears in Canada. What I'm surprised about is that's the first time I've ever heard or seen this thing. I'd like to see the box art for this one.

http://www.yojoe.com/international/canada/cobramsv.shtml

That'll teach me - I didn't check the international section!

Wow - I really want that set now. Of course it'll be cheaper and less time consuming probably just to track down a regular vamp and MMS set and repaint it... but that's just not the same!

Alternate reality where I live in 1980's Canada - HERE I COME! (woot!)

• 3 weeks later...
wave 8 Roadblock

This one is for a 25th Ann. wave 8 Roadblock. Not sure why he bothered to have it graded.

Looks like he got most of the wave graded, as of this posting his Major Bludd is at $150 and Arctic Snake Eyes is at $141.50.

Look at this one involving the 25th anni.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...rksid=p3907.m29

actually that isn't to far off. At the current rate of 6.39, plus about 10.00 ffor the comic packs it comes to about 950.00

Not too bad I guess, I figured the single packs at $6.99 per figure and the total for the figures comes to $907.80 which averages to $6.53 per figure for the seller. At the BIN price, the figures average to $7.19 per figure (plus $23.53 in s/h). A difference of 66¢ per figure.

• 3 weeks later...
wave 8 Roadblock

This one is for a 25th Ann. wave 8 Roadblock. Not sure why he bothered to have it graded.

Looks like he got most of the wave graded, as of this posting his Major Bludd is at $150 and Arctic Snake Eyes is at $141.50.

WTF?

Who are these people out there paying these prices for a MOC figure just because it's grade? @lol@

Almost all of my MOC collection is pretty near flawless to the naked eye, and I'm happy with them, and I only payed between 5-8 dollars for them...