Gi joe Auctions that make you go "WTF"?

Toiletmonkey1

So ANYONE planning to bid on this, BEWARE this guy obviously is shady

WOW.. that's kinda bad, lol.. I guess I should have looked, I saw 99% and thought it should be fine.. but now that I think about it, he's got a lot of feedback so of course his percentage would be high..

what's worse, is if you look at one of your quoted feedbacks, ha says he'll only ship to one Canadian Condorknight... and how funny is it that now, that guy is the highest bidder????

How much you wanna bet he asked him to bid on it ;)

anyway.. I removed the link.. cause he does seem pretty shady

I've actually bought a few items off of him in the past, and never had a problem. The real problem came with the "newsletter" he sent out each week telling me what new items he was listing.

-Kevin

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
hurry and get this one why it lasts......

BIN 100 bucks!

Are they not worth that? I thought the Micky Mouse Cobra Commander was worth a bit of cash.

"but they have been glued inside them so their waists don’t bend" that makes them custom fodder! ;) a mickey CC aint that much in demmand!

TM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never posted in this thread before, but looking at eBay a few minutes ago, I felt the need to post. There's definitely a lot of 25th Anniversary stuff on there right now, but I'd bet that half to two-thirds never gets a bid because of the ridiculous prices.

It's one thing to put a figure on there and have it get bid up because people want it, but there seems to be whole lot of people who think because the line is popular right now they can put a single figure up with a $9.99 starting price and/or an insane shipping quote. I don't know why people waste their time selling if they're going to blatantly try to rip people off.

Someone might want a Firefly, but they'll bid on one that's got a starting price of $4 to $6 and $4 to $5 shipping, not one that starts at $9.99 with $8 shipping.

I've never posted in this thread before, but looking at eBay a few minutes ago, I felt the need to post. There's definitely a lot of 25th Anniversary stuff on there right now, but I'd bet that half to two-thirds never gets a bid because of the ridiculous prices.

It's one thing to put a figure on there and have it get bid up because people want it, but there seems to be whole lot of people who think because the line is popular right now they can put a single figure up with a $9.99 starting price and/or an insane shipping quote. I don't know why people waste their time selling if they're going to blatantly try to rip people off.

Someone might want a Firefly, but they'll bid on one that's got a starting price of $4 to $6 and $4 to $5 shipping, not one that starts at $9.99 with $8 shipping.

Well bear in mind too that for most foreign fans, ebay and the internet are the only way to get them. Yeah, it sucks they have to jack up the price, but there ARE people that buy them.

• 1 month later...

Guess someone's trying to take advantage of people who don't know any better bidding on potential Christmas presents:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-GI-G-I-Joe-Sky...8QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, I'd almost expect to see this if it were AFA graded or AT LEAST MISB, but come on... That box is crap too.

Looking for a "better deal"? He's got another with stickers applied:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-GI-G-I-Joe-Sky...8QQcmdZViewItem

I mean, just look at those parachutes? Give me a break... I got mine for about $80-90 (can't remember exactly), with a MUCH better box and parachutes, and stickers unapplied! Please...