Gi joe Auctions that make you go "WTF"?

Toiletmonkey1

Wow, talk about suspicious... I wonder if Ebay would even allow such an auction, if they knew about it?

well, since they let some lady sell her dad's cane possessed by his "ghost", im sure they'll allow this nondescript one.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite WTF Auction was one from about a year ago for a Sgt. Slaughter figure. The seller's description said the figure "looked to be in mint condition" but because he or she wasn't an expert they were not for sure. Thing is the figure was MISSING it's mid-section! It was just a torso with the legs pushed up next to it so it looked as if they were connected.

You don't have to be an expert to know that if the figure is in 2 pieces and it's ass is missing - it's not in "mint" condition.

Man I'm sorry I missed that one. It looks like just the kind of stuff I needed to complete my collection! LMFAO

I mean they have to be crazy to think someone will drop that kind of cash with no pic and no discription.

But then I guess we all know that crazier things have happened on ebay.

For some reason, I always think it's funny when a figure only has one weapon, and they are still listed as COMPLETE like there was so much for the guy to put together to complete the fig. I always chuckle at that. Maybe with the rarer guys, but Frostbite? Come on. That's like saying 'Wild Weasel COMPLETE'. Well, duh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-3-3-4-Theyre-Go...1QQcmdZViewItem

My FIRST thought was definately WTF?

Uh.. yeah, pretty crazy auction. :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-3-3-4-Theyre-Go...1QQcmdZViewItem

My FIRST thought was definately WTF?

looks like micheal richards is selling his gijoe collection? :o LOL

TM

TM, that's exactly what I was thinking when reading the description. :D

For some reason, I always think it's funny when a figure only has one weapon, and they are still listed as COMPLETE like there was so much for the guy to put together to complete the fig. I always chuckle at that. Maybe with the rarer guys, but Frostbite? Come on. That's like saying 'Wild Weasel COMPLETE'. Well, duh.

Well, I can see justification for that. What if you're new to Joe collecting, or buying for someone else? You might not know or remember if he came with a gun or not. Heck, they might not even know about Yojoe.com.