METROPLEX (be prepared !!!)

anemis

So this things suppose to transform too right!? Take your time with it, this is a long project. As long as you put as much detail into it with the rest of his body this going to look amazing. I hope you drew, organized, planned, and enginereed how this whole thing is going to work out.

Whatever you do don't let any babies into your room! They will destroy everything!

lol yeah my daughter freaks out everytime she coes in my workshops... 2 1/2 old and know allot about transformers i'm suprised and freaked out sometimes !!!

this thing will transform into metroplex... as i said will retain about 95% of it's g1 look... the rest will be to accomodate the transformation process.... as for planned ,organized and enginereed .. none of that is rarely followed.... and rarely serves me ... check out my projects at my website : www.marksprojects.com ...you'll see what i mean !!

i have a new twist that will be incorporated into this project....

there will be 2 briges to enter autobot city (like in movie) but will retract just like in the movie as well ... press a button and voila !! it will automaticly be done !! guess all of that drinking this holiday paid off lol !!!

and yes i still think i'm crazy doing this... and sometimes scares me when i see where i am and when it will end !!!

and as for mistakes i'll make them ... but the secret is to always find solutions to any problems.... that's how i work....

so without any further delay here is the progress of building 3 ... not quite finish (about 30%) so allot will change..... and will be lighted as will all other building and will look spectacular.... at this point building 3 is about 7 hrs old... and is harder to do then #2 ...trust me on that ....

1000816gd8.th.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see how it turns out, what did you say you were making it out of again?.. I sure would love a original metroplex reissuse :) My dad got me this sucker as a kid for xmas still have it today :D

Even some kinda "classics" BIg ass city bot redone would be nice HEH! Maybe you'res can inspire someone one hastakars design team or something when it is finished

1000660ic7.th.jpg

You don't clue in just how big this is till you see the original plexs legs in the background there :)

with the holiday season and the birth of my son i had little to work on metroplex and my other projects.... but here is a building that will rise from the upper part of the lower arm and will be a medium tower.... no other tower has lights because i've just made a huge order for led's from hong kong so i'm waiting for it !!

so here are the latest pictures and please note that it's still a work in progress so allot will change !!

1000948rl1.th.jpg

1000949kp9.th.jpg

now for an update...

medium tower 1 is advancing slowly and the upper section has had it's light systems tested !!

also for those of you who want a size comparison ,check picture number 3 and you'll see how prime size should be compare to this... an unpainted figurine of prime (ahd built) but gives you a very good idea on the scale.....

more to come real soon....

1000955df0.th.jpg

1000954uf5.th.jpg

sizecomparisonsa6.th.jpg

so here is an update and there is a transformation sequence for this building to give you guys a taste of things to come ...also i had to redo some of it's components this weekend because of some problems.... i will let the pictures speak for themselves ... enjoy !!

tranformation1rv5.th.jpg

transformation2el8.th.jpg

transformation3tu6.th.jpg

1000974dz4.th.jpg

1000976at9.th.jpg

1000977li1.th.jpg

well i hope it will lok like him soon.... robot mode only of course !!!

well tonight i had a few bugs to work out with tower 3.... i had to rebuild some of the rear panels of all of the floors but now as you can see the light in thoses floors will be yellow... also some exterior lights as well that i'm not sure yet what they'll do..... either exterior lighting to accentuate the future details or the will be more floors on each sides of the building....take note that this building will change allot in the next couple of days.... also some work as been done on medium tower 1 but not new pics yet.....

1000978cj3.th.jpg

Holy craaaaap. Thats looking awesome now. I love the addition of the lights.

wow thats crazy...........great job!!!!!

this project rocks! i am looking forward to seeing it complete. it definetly deserves major props. i wish i had the patience to make something like that myself.