So if you got to pick the next classic figures, who would you take.

Starscream49

I think I would take

Jazz

Thundercracker

Slag

Powerglide just to get another mini in there.

Hound

Shockwave

Magnus Armor

I really think all the dinobots should be deluxes but I guess it to late for that.

Well I'm going to assume you mean Deluxes and Voyagers since there arn't any Classic Basics.

Deluxes:

Prowl- This one is a no brainer and I think should have been in Wave 3 instead of Cliffjumper. With this one mold they can create 3 figures and thus save money on the mold and I doubt too many people would complain about getting Bluestreak and Smokescreen. It's a win-win. Plus Prowl is one of those names that has to be used a lot in order to keep it. So I'm a little lost as to why he hasn't ended up in Classics yet. He has all the ear markings of one that should have been. Popular G1 Character, A name that needs to be used often, and a mold that could be reused several times.

Ironhide-Like Prowl, another one I can't believe didn't make the cut. Not only could he be remolded/repainted into Ratchet, but he is a very popular character and according to a survey I did at TFW2005 the single most wanted Classic by the board members there. Maybe I should do the same survey here and see if I get the same result...Hmmmmm

Trailbreaker-A more obscure guy, but still a fan favorite and one of the 85 crew. Trailbreaker is a guy that is long overdue for something. He never got a reissue from Hasbro, and the only fan wank he got was the gobot Universe repaint, and even then he was called "Ironhide." The breaker is well overdue for a new toy.

Sideswipe- Another popular who is even on the fabled "Short List". He could also be remolded/repainted into Red Alert. Never been a fan of the idea of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe sharing a mold, considering they don't look anything like each other in bot mode. Just a pet peeve of mine. I'd love a new mold for this guy, but if they wanted to save money they could do some retooling and repainting to Rodimus and end up with a pretty nice Sideswipe.

Thundercracker-An easy repaint, and now that we have screamer and Skywarp a must to fill out the 85 seekers. Surefire sale here.

Voyagers:

Shockwave: The 2nd most wanted figure from the survey I did. (Yes, he even beat out Galvatron.) His unrealstic gun alt mode and already bright colors would make him a good choice for a gun toy that wouldn't divide fans feeling on him.

Soundwave: Since my Deluxes where Autobot heavy, I figured I'd give this other Voyager spot to a Decepticon. Reissue and Titanium figures be damned, this guy needs to be made in Classics. Not only would you get a sure sell figure, but you'd also be able to crossmarket it with Mini-con sized tape two-packs.

I want all the dinobots for sure :D

BUt then hey... I'd like everything redone in this style

I'd kill for some decent city bots t hough maxplex style :)

Blitzwing I mean if they can make Astrotrain why not Blitzy?

Roadbuster Another one of my favorites

Shockwave

Slag Now that they have Grimlock how about rest of Dinobots?

Sludge

Snarl

Sludge

Ironhide/Ratchet

Prowl/Bluestreak/Silverstreak

Inferno/Grapple

Trailbreaker/Hoist

Sideswipe/Red Alert

You get the idea. They can make so much money on repaints of those Autobot cars.

Series 4

Deluxe:

Jazz

Ironhide

Prowl

Thundercracker

Kickback

Voyager

Shockwave

Sludge

Series 5

Deluxe:

Sideswipe

Swoop

Rachet

Shrapnel

Thrust

Voyager

Inferno

Blitzwing

Series 6

Deluxe:

Snarl

Trailbreaker

Bombshell

Frenzy/ Ravage two-pack

Lazerbeak/ Rumble two-pack

Voyager

Soundwave

Ultra Magnus w/ Armor

Series 7

Deluxe:

Slag

Smokescreen

Red Alert

Wheeljack

Dirge

Voyager

Galvatron

Grapple

Thats all I can think of for now, but there are numerous repaint options available if some of the se molds were made.

Series 4

Deluxe:

Jazz

Ironhide

Prowl

Thundercracker

Kickback

Voyager

Shockwave

Sludge

Series 5

Deluxe:

Sideswipe

Swoop

Rachet

Shrapnel

Thrust

Voyager

Inferno

Blitzwing

Series 6

Deluxe:

Snarl

Trailbreaker

Bombshell

Frenzy/ Ravage two-pack

Voyager

Soundwave

Ultra Magnus w/ Armor

Series 7

Deluxe:

Slag

Smokescreen

Red Alert

Wheeljack

Dirge

Voyager

Galvatron

Grapple

Thats all I can think of for now, but there are numerous repaint options available if some of the se molds were made.

EXCELLENT list !!! I would buy every one.

Series 4

Deluxe:

Jazz

Ironhide

Prowl

Thundercracker

Kickback

Voyager

Shockwave

Sludge

Series 5

Deluxe:

Sideswipe

Swoop

Rachet

Shrapnel

Thrust

Voyager

Inferno

Blitzwing

Series 6

Deluxe:

Snarl

Trailbreaker

Bombshell

Frenzy/ Ravage two-pack

Voyager

Soundwave

Ultra Magnus w/ Armor

Series 7

Deluxe:

Slag

Smokescreen

Red Alert

Wheeljack

Dirge

Voyager

Galvatron

Grapple

So would I! That's a list to be proud of.

Series 4

Deluxe:

Jazz

Ironhide

Prowl

Thundercracker

Kickback

Voyager

Shockwave

Sludge

Series 5

Deluxe:

Sideswipe

Swoop

Rachet

Shrapnel

Thrust

Voyager

Inferno

Blitzwing

Series 6

Deluxe:

Snarl

Trailbreaker

Bombshell

Frenzy/ Ravage two-pack

Voyager

Soundwave

Ultra Magnus w/ Armor

Series 7

Deluxe:

Slag

Smokescreen

Red Alert

Wheeljack

Dirge

Voyager

Galvatron

Grapple

So would I! That's a list to be proud of.

I try. I'm glad everyone liked the list. There's still some more I would like to see, like Arcee and Kup but I really wanted to get all the seeker jets, the dinobots, and the insecticons. I would also love to see all the mini-bots made too, but maybe they could get their own size or such. Maybe they could have their own subline and pricepoint?

I just can't see soundwave happening. 2 Soundwaves coming out at one time, and people want a third. The titanium soundwave sucks, and the commerative is an exclusive so if they did make this really awesome classics soundwave the other two would rot on shelves. I'd much rather them continue classics as a long term line for a few years and release soundwave around a year from now. By then titanium will have been clearanced out and the commerative will have sold out. I like the minicons being tape decks idea.

That plus cybertron soundwave is still on shelves and he fits great with classics. I don't want to have to replace him just yet.

A laser gun version, NOT a car of Shockwave @hmmm@

Sunstreaker

blue Bluestreak

Artfire

Tracks

Thundercracker and Skywarp(even though they are in the Robotmasters line, ya did say Classics, right?)

Proper versions of Ironhide and Ratchet

The Stunticons

The Predacons

Octane

Metrotitan

Stepper and Jazz

Trailbreaker(he really needs more appreciation, than just G1)

Blitzwing(ditto more appreciation)

and of course REFLECTOR.. (likewise like Trailbreaker and Blitzwing) B)

Personally, I'm not looking to rebuild my G1 collection. Classics are about the best characters getting great modern toys. If I were given free reign on the next wave of Classics figures, I'd push for this set:

Deluxe Wave 1

Prowl

Ironhide

Hound

Kup

Deluxe Wave 2

Arcee

Jazz (Prowl with new head mold)

Thrust (Ramjet repaint/remold)

Thundercracker (Starscream repaint)

Voyager Wave

Blitzwing

Soundwave

Guest DavAnthony

Deluxe-

wave1

Brawn

Prowl

Jazz

Kup

Iron Hide

wave2

Sideswipe

Sunstreaker

Hound

Springer

Wheeljack

Voyager size

Soundwave-but hasbro stated they didn't know how to update him so cross this one off

Shockwave

Grimlock-I know he has been done but I'd like him bigger and I'm not crazy with how the robot mode looks for the one on the current market.

What I really want too is a damn Cosmos toy. Especially if he's done like this picture from TFormers.

IMG_3447.jpg

Guest DavAnthony

If I remember that picture is a prelimary idea for a Classics Cosmos. I think Cosmos is in that rumored wave with Jazz, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. Maybe wave 4? who knows.

Dave

I think Archer1120's list is just about perfect. I would buy every single one (except Galvatron, I don't like TFTM characters). Say Archer, you wouldn't happen to be the real Aaron Archer giving us an unoffical sneak peek at whats to come would you? Heh, a bot can dream.

I honestly can't limit my choices to 4-5 deluxes and 2 voyagers. I want em all!!

Deluxes:

Jazz (He belonged in Wave 1)

Wheeljack

Prowl/Smoke/Streak

Sideswipe

Ironhide/Ratchet (damn those lousy convention exclusives!)

Windcharger (I want an 80s Trans Am bot in the worst way!)

Hound

Blitzwing

Shrapnel

Bombshell

Kickback

Thundercracker

Thrust

Swoop

Voyagers

Shockwave (I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they just reissued Shockblast)

Blaster or Soundwave, maybe Sixshot

And while I'm dreaming, I prefer G1 characters but I wouldn't mind seeing Dinobot & Blackarachnia given updated sculpts. The '96 ones haven't aged well.

Some really good lists/picks here. Here's mine:

Wave 4:

Thundercracker

Cosmos

Arcee

Prowl

Voyager:

Shockwave(really don't care if they repaint/remold E. Shockblast)

Wave 5:

Blitzwing

Slag

Ironhide

Sideswipe

Voyager:

I guess Soundwave, but they've already said no Classics Soundwave, so bleh

Wave 6:

Thrust

Kup

Smokescreen

Swoop

Voyager:

Galvatron

Wave 7:

Dirge

Jazz

Snarl

Springer

Voyager:

Proper Ultra Magnus

Wave 8:

Bombshell

Ratchet

Sunstreaker

Trailbreaker

Voyager:

Blaster

Wave 9:

Blue/Silverstreak

Kickback

Powerglide

Sludge

Wave 10:

Shrapnel

Brawn

Hound

Wheeljack

And I'm spent. Sure, you could make every G1 '84-'86 character, but I think these cover just aboutl everything. You could also repaint E. Superion and make a gift pack to match Devastator. Ditto with Bruticus. If Soundwave or Blaster get made(my bets on Blaster) then like someone mentioned, you could do 2 packs of the tapes, just like the old days. They're throwing away a fortune if they ditch this line after Cliffjumper and Ramjet.

I just can't see soundwave happening. 2 Soundwaves coming out at one time, and people want a third. The titanium soundwave sucks, and the commerative is an exclusive so if they did make this really awesome classics soundwave the other two would rot on shelves. I'd much rather them continue classics as a long term line for a few years and release soundwave around a year from now. By then titanium will have been clearanced out and the commerative will have sold out. I like the minicons being tape decks idea.

That plus cybertron soundwave is still on shelves and he fits great with classics. I don't want to have to replace him just yet.

Hmmm good point on the two Soundwaves. I already have my G1 preordered, and the titanium looks disappointing, I do like the idea down the road since an earlier post listed tapes. I would like to see the Laserbeak,ravage, Ratbat etc. in the classics line

anyways

Ironhide/Ratchet

Sideswipe/Redalert

Tracks

Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluesteak

Jazz

I think would work well in this line..Need some Decepticons though...

Cyclonus

Blitzwing

Trypticon maybe