v1 Cobra Commander Prototype

cobrasaboteur

those cataloge pics are too hard for me to tell, but does the image of CC with his troopers has the symbol with a shape as oppose to a line? I mean the outline of the snake seems to be a fuller than the one Sabo owns. Then again, the catalogue pics are too hard to tell, being grainy and all

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the end of that. If Sab wants to keep pushing this, he can continue to do so at his own will but that will most definitely be counter productive.

why are people still arguing with me? i said we can assume for now that it is a custom. sheesh

what are you talking about *still pushing* I'm sure seeing these two figures next to each other would only help understand more about these figures, and there is absolutely nothing *counterproductive* about doing that...if me and tazzzman are going to go to the con anyway, why wouldnt we bring these figures to show some people first hand?

Like i said, we can assume at this point that these figures would be customs done by the same kid.

Hopefully more will be cleared up at the con.

tazzzman-keep that figure together so we can compare the paint/etc at the con.

like i said, thanks for everything everyone that contributed to this thread...it has really narrowed down the possibilities of what this figure could be.

regardless, i'm sure some people will be interested in looking at these two figures side by side would only help confirm any thoughts about the authenticity...

I have to say, holding it and looking at it i still believe that there is no way for it to be custom...however, i can not send it to everyone over the internet for them to see that. with the many examples and probabilities we have right now from people guessing about the figure, there is nothing more i can describe to you about the figure that would prove otherwise...the only thing left is for someone (or even a bunch of people) to look at these two figures.

thanks,

-saboteur

This will be my last post on the subject and it will be of a decidedly different tone.

Some good friends of mine have pointed out that even they thought i was beyond out of line with this thread. In really reviewing my posts, i do have to agree with them, and those here who thought my behaviour smacked of egotism and outright beligerance.

Throughout this debacle i did feel that i might have been out of line and getting too worked up about it. Truth be told, i don't even think it has anything to do with the thread itself and has more to do with the stresses i'm dealing with in my personal life - new job, my book deadline being this week, etc. I'm not saying that excuses my behaviour, far from it, but the thread became a way for me to let off some steam and i admittedly took it too far.

I honestly came here trying to be helpful and wanted to not come off as an elitist jerk. Sometimes a new member coming on to a site to debunk something a long time member is proud of sets people off right away. Knowing that, i probably geared up to be overly defensive before it was even neccessary. That combined, with outside influences, and my frustrations with the topic turned me into a douchebag. And for that i apologize.

I'm sure many of you could honestly care less about this or feel that it comes as too little too late. Fair enough. But after the gut punch message a good friend sent to me today regarding this and other topics, i felt the need to take a long hard look at the situation and upon doing so, i felt the need to apologize here - to Mike, the members of the board and the mod staff for my part in making this an 11 page thread, half of which was petty and ugly.

The last thing i want is to end up being viewed in the same light as the person who just posted previous to me and i'll be doing my best to ensure that doesn't happen again.

If anyone wishes to contact me about this, please feel free to do so and if no one is too jaded, as i said, i'm always here to try to help if anyone has any questions they think i might be able to help them out with.

Shane

This will be my last post on the subject and it will be of a decidedly different tone.

Some good friends of mine have pointed out that even they thought i was beyond out of line with this thread. In really reviewing my posts, i do have to agree with them, and those here who thought my behaviour smacked of egotism and outright beligerance.

Throughout this debacle i did feel that i might have been out of line and getting too worked up about it. Truth be told, i don't even think it has anything to do with the thread itself and has more to do with the stresses i'm dealing with in my personal life - new job, my book deadline being this week, etc. I'm not saying that excuses my behaviour, far from it, but the thread became a way for me to let off some steam and i admittedly took it too far.

I honestly came here trying to be helpful and wanted to not come off as an elitist jerk. Sometimes a new member coming on to a site to debunk something a long time member is proud of sets people off right away. Knowing that, i probably geared up to be overly defensive before it was even neccessary. That combined, with outside influences, and my frustrations with the topic turned me into a douchebag. And for that i apologize.

I'm sure many of you could honestly care less about this or feel that it comes as too little too late. Fair enough. But after the gut punch message a good friend sent to me today regarding this and other topics, i felt the need to take a long hard look at the situation and upon doing so, i felt the need to apologize here - to Mike, the members of the board and the mod staff for my part in making this an 11 page thread, half of which was petty and ugly.

The last thing i want is to end up being viewed in the same light as the person who just posted previous to me and i'll be doing my best to ensure that doesn't happen again.

If anyone wishes to contact me about this, please feel free to do so and if no one is too jaded, as i said, i'm always here to try to help if anyone has any questions they think i might be able to help them out with.

Shane

That took a lot of cajones.

Don't worry. Your info was very helpful.

@smilepunch@ @stupid@

diethreaddie.jpg

Shane

Very heartfelt post, Shane - THANK YOU! It's all water under the bridge man! I hope you stick around TNI - let us know how the book turns out! If you haven't already, check out some of the other forums here. There's a place for almost any subject. :D

-Jase

... turned me into a douchebag.

Well, on behalf of VH, Tom-1, Mike, Starcream49, Toiletmonkey1 and myself.. I think it's safe to say, welcome to the douchebag family!!!

@smilepunch@

@firedevil@

:D

lmao

... turned me into a douchebag.

Well, on behalf of VH, Tom-1, Mike, Starcream49, Toiletmonkey1 and myself.. I think it's safe to say, welcome to the douchebag family!!!

@smilepunch@

@firedevil@

-saboteur

@poke2@

@bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna# @bananna@ @purpbananna#

Just let this thread go until some new info comes up.