Custom Black Cat from Amazing Spidey #371!

Jin Saotome

I've seen a lot of Black Cat customs, so props to everyone who went out and did one before me! However I always see her in a modern suit or the new one with the large mask. Today I present you the 'New' Black Cat as she appeared in Amazing Spiderman #371, Invasion of the Spider Slayers series. She was made from a Psylocke body with sculpted boot/wristcuffs made from Fixit Sculpt. She's been.. er.. 'agumented' too because Psylocke just didn't have the.. hrmm.. 'presence' I needed for Felicia hardy. The hair is Lady Death's hair from the old Moore action figure. Took a while to dremel Lady D's head out of the hair but after sculpting all the fur I just didn't feel up to doing an entire head of hair! The eyes were painted in multiple levels, two different shades of green, lining, and reflections. WHEW! Took me three days to make her.. but I think she was worth it.

BlackCat_001.jpg

BlackCat_003.jpg

BlackCat_008.jpg

BlackCatScan.jpg

Rest of the bouncy pics can be found here: http://www.angelfire.com/mech/jinsaotome/J...s/BlackCat.html

She's up on Ebay too! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

"Holy mountain ranges", you perv. Hehehe... j/k.

Good sculpting with the hair and fur. And the work on the face is beautiful, especially the eyes. The only thing she may have is a bit too much lipstick, at least compared to the comic pic.

Love your work, jin. Thanks for all the eye candy!

They can never be 'too big'... muhahahHAHA! I'm still praticing my sculpting, smaller ones next time for the one I keep. This one is up on EBay.

Actually her shoulders show in the comic, especially the last page as it looks like she's wearing a low-cut top. Some panels the black is almost up to her neck, I went in between.

Damn she looks great, I agree that the boobs are a lil too big but other than that she looks awesome! Black Cat is one of my favorite female characters so it's great to see any customs of her!

Fantastic work as always Jin!!!

jin-towel2.gif

How about a Terry Dodson "The Evil That Men Do" Black Cat custom version?

The figure looks great. Her hair, face and arm/leg fur all look perfect....as does the paint work. Her breasts are sculpted really well, though they are two big. But more worrisome than their size, is her suit is painted too low on her breast which makes it look like the doctor removed her nipples when he was doing the beast enlargement surgery.

Despite the few problems with her, something tells this figure me will end up well over a 100 bucks, she looks that good…..great job man.

I don't usually have anything bad to say about your stuff Jin, but those boobs just look rediculous.. not only the size, but the position of them.

other than that, nice work again

damn!

The breasts are a little upward....they need to lay low a bit....

other than that... their's a little bit of a lipstick smear on her right hand side of her lips.. :)

Damn I've always wanted a Black Cat figure... hate the Sinister Six version though. If only I have $200 to spend on a figure... sigh.

Great job BTW I don't think the boobs are too big... it's never big enough for the Cat lol. And yeah there is a lipstick smear on the right side of her face. See if you can fix that.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the kind words and the critiques. Hey, this was my first shot at Black Cat, you know I make 10+ figures of the same character before I settle on a design I really like. It was also my first attempt at sculpting flowing fur! Yes, the sweater kittens are too big, I had a Lady Death figure I was using as reference to sculpting and it kinda shows. There's actually two lipstick 'marks', but they're in the indention of the sides of her mouth to define the smile. Without them she just had this blank expression on her face like Psylocke.

I'll be making a few more Black Cats and will tone down some things, alter the face (or use a new head) for next time. This one just gets sold and funds buying more Psylocke bodies and fixit sculpt, heh.