Finally!!

Lady Jaye

Well I was going to get up early, which I did, 5:00 AM, and just surfed the web for a bit!! But I ended up crashing, and when it was time to get up and get there for the doors to open at my TRU, I was like meh!! And decided it was already too late, let me just chill!! Of course I was already awake, so eventually I got up and walked down to the bus stop!

I get to TRU abour a half hour after they opened! I walk down the main aisle, and nothing! Although it seems they had gotten their Spider Man figures restocked, but nothing on the Marvel Legends front!! So I walk over to the end cap display they have of Legends, and nothing out of the ordinary, same figures they had yesterday!! I was a bit dissapointed, but not too much, wasn't going to get my hopes up!!

I decide to do a quick scan, when I see some figures on the bottom shelf, instead of the pegs! I see a familiar outline of Iron Man, but he has a goldish tint, I think to myself, no way! Then I look at the figure next to him, and I see it's some figure with a melted face!!! I think NO WAY!!!!! Sure enough when I pick them up, the ML 14 variants are in my hand, most importantly the melted face Zemo that I had wanted since I picked up the non variant!! I place them in my left hand while searching the pegs, and hoila Falcon!! I look some more, and I find another Goldy and Melty variants!!

Oh happy days!! I got the gold Iron Man to open up and complete Mojo, and I got extras for my wall!!!

Now to find the ones that really matter, the actual new character variants!!!

i still need those 3

Thanks guys, I know I'm a nerd when finding variant toys makes my day, but so be it!! It was a good day yesterday!!

And I have the extras to hopefully trade off in case I can't find the variants for the MODOK wave!!

Just picked up the ML14 variants myself. A buddy of mine who works there managed to set them aside for me. Usually other employees or scalpers get to them before he can help me but with trucks coming in almost daily until Christmas, he actually scored for me.

I'm really hoping he can do the same for the ML15 variants since I want them about 10x more, but my hopes aren't high.

Also picked up the HOM box set while I was there. Not a bad night.

Guest Steve Rogers

Thanks guys, I know I'm a nerd when finding variant toys makes my day, but so be it!!

Ah...... But that's what it's all about!

The thrill of the hunt!

I have actually done the "happy dance" right there in the isle before.

It's embarrassing, but it feels so good! :D

Great Find!

Congratulations!

I still need 14 variants...

Ah...... But that's what it's all about! The thrill of the hunt! I have actually done the "happy dance" right there in the isle before. It's embarrassing, but it feels so good! :D

Great Find!

@loll@

That got a good laugh out of me. I haven't yet done a happy dance in the store, but I think if I find the MODOK wave variants, I will do a happy jig!!!@smilepunch@ Oh and thanks, it does feel good, especially the second time in one week, read on....

Here's my story for the day, titled, What an Awesome Week!!!

I decide to get up early and walk downtown, which is 45 minutes away. Since I'm down here, so early, let me go to Wal Mart, which was my intent all along. I catch the bus and end up at Wal Mart.

Well I get there, and walk into our aisle, and nothing on the Marvel Legends pegs, the same two First Appearance Things!! Yeah, they've been there for quite some time. Anyhow I do the walk of the collector, look around and see what else is abound, and nothing! The Cars pegs are full of the pull back and go cars, Star Wars is still full of the Heroes and Villains wave, and nothing else interested me. Well I walk down to the end of the aisle, and see a cart with boxes!

I walk over, quickly see a action figures box, but it's more Spider Man. I see another action figure box, but it never said what it was. I was about to walk away, when I took another quick scan, and see a Toy Biz box, and looked carefully and sure enough it was Marvel Legends, but then I looked even closer and it was the Bring on the Villains wave!!!

I was like, come one!!! But as I was about to turn to walk away, I thought to myself, wait a sec, I don't have all of the variants, just the Green Gobin figure I picked up at a Rite Aid. So I look around, no one is in sight! So I walk around the department, and the closest employees are by the bikes chatting, so I think, it's safe! So while the aisle I was standing in was full of cameras, cause the toy department is right next to electronics, I was like #$## it, let me open the box!!

So I proceed to take off the other boxes that were on top! Nice and careful so as to return them in the same order! I see that the box had already been opened when I opened it! I look and see anunfamiliar Loki, sure enough it was the Crown of Lies Loki variant!!! :shocked: And of course where's there's one variant there's more, and sure enough found the melted and scarred face Abomination and another unmasked Green Goblin!!!

Wow, I said to myself, what a week for Marvel Legends!! The only, only way this week could get any better, if I found the MODOK wave variants!! But otherwise, this has been an execptional week, expensive, but exceptional week for collecting!!! :grin:

You live in Albany??? If you've told me before, forgive me forgetting!! And sorry, at least a fellow collector got em, and not an ebayer!!!

And thanks Draven, it does feel real good!! I know, I'm such a nerd!!

We have spoken before, I am in VT. Albany is part of my Toy run. Congrats on your lucky find.........

That's right, your invading my turf!! Those Legends rightfully belong to me!! Stay in Vermont if you know what's good for ya!! My gang will mess ya up!! Next time I see a Vt license plate at TRU, it's getting it's tires slashed!!!! @grumpy@

@loll@

Yea, it feels crappy to go somewhere on a bus, and come home empty handed!!! :D

Oh and the good news continues, yet again!! A friend of mine over at rebelscum, found bout the longhaired and short haired variants of Rogue!!!!!! And he's sending to me at cost!!!!! I hope this luck never ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!