Who was your first G.I. Joe?

asurmac

My first Joe was the 1983 Torpedo i think it was 1983 i'll check up with TM he gave it to me for, well he just brought me and my bro a joe my bro got a blue alleyviper....i think

-Jogen

It was a 1997 torpedo (navy seal mission) , and a cobra rage tank w/alley viper (both would worth alittle bit of money now if you still had them! ;) )

TM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I was an evil kid who liked black action figures like Darth Vader and Baron Karza from Micronauts. Naturally, my first Joe was Version 1 Snake Eyes, and I think mine was made out of adamantium. I think I played with that figure more than I've ever played with anything else, yet while I had countless Joes with broken thumbs and crotches that Snake Eyes figure stayed in perfect condition and lived through being sucked into the vaccum, dropped off the roof, buried and temporarily lost in the snow for an entire winter, and kidnapped by the dog, though somehow Snake Eyes never suffered any broken parts, rusty screws, or paint wear (He wasn't painted after all). He wound up dying of a broken heart when I replaced him with Snake Eyes Version 2. I wonder where that figure went? He's probably still in perfect condition somewhere.

If I know my old toys correctly he's plotting your death as we speak lol

I remember to this day.It was in 1982 and my grandparents (who are now no longer with us)bought me Stalker and my Brother Grunt.Both were cool figures.Other figures came after that but those were the first.I was going to get Breaker but my brother said to me"he didn't come with a gun".So,I settled on Stalker instead.

I was born in 84 and seriously i have joes since i can remember. It may well have been zanizbar as i know i had him and for some reason played with him in the tub as a little kid as hero fighting transformers and... micky mouse. I remember that at 3 and that was the year he came out so that's my guess. I remember getting a baroness from a flea market but that was at rahs deathbed. Sadly i have only 2 child hood peices left, ninja force stormshadow and part of the crusader shuttle... yes only part the front part with the seats in it... i sawed it in half and i can't even remember why right now.

I am going to say that in my birthday 1982... I got one of the first figures that ever came out... I was five years old!

My first was either Breaker or Zap, both straight arm. I don't remember the circumstances of me getting them. They are the earliest surviving figures from my childhood, followed by Hawk w/MMS and the foamboard playset with CC, Soldier & Officer. It disintegrated pretty fast. For some reason my parents also got me the GIJoe walkie-talkies, despite the fact that I was an only child and had no one else nearby to play with them.

AFter that Joes took a backseat to Transformers & Gobots, but I returned to Joe in 86-87, only to leave again shortly after. But now I am here to stay. =)

Star Wars was winding down, but I had resisted getting into Joe like everyone else I knew had done. But... I started reading the comic, and watched a few cartoon episodes, and became hooked. I ran to the store to buy my first figure, and all they had were Tomax and Xamot... but I liked the Cobras better anyway, so it was great. I originally was going to buy ONLY Cobra figures, but that idea didn't last. I think my first Joe was Dusty, but I'm not 100% sure.