Marvel Legends MOTHERLOAD!

DSmith

However we did FINALLY get a new case in last night at work and I snagged the series 14 variants.

I knew Target employees did that... why am i not surprised? @hmmm@

Like you wouldn't if you had the chance! :P

I only buy what I need so when they are selling well and turning over new cases fast then there's plenty of chances for everyone else to get them too. My store has gotten in A LOT of variant cases since I've been into ML and if I REALLY wanted, I could have had about 5 or 6 of each variant from series 9-12.

Things got slow from there. We had in some series 13 variants but I left those, and I've yet to see most of the series 15 variants and series 14 I obviously only saw the one time, but I'm sure we'll have plenty more before it's all said and done.

For the few weeks that I've worked in toys I've had a little fun. We get lots of Star Wars and Hot Wheels freaks into the store and they tear things up of course, so every time I put out new cases I look through them and I put out the most abundant figures in the cases and leave the ones with only one or two (the shortpacked ones) and if they won't all go out, I make sure to put the shortpacked figures (or cars) into the backstock.

That way, perhaps they'll be pulled and worked during the day and some kids might actually get a chance to get them.

Of course, they could always fall to those collectors who can't always be there every morning when the stores open and always miss out on those hard to find figures, that's cool too. I consider it scalper control more than anything else.

Anyway...it's moot now. I'm off of nights finally so no more pushing toy freight out every night. This week I start working in dairy/frozen. That should be interesting to say the least.

Well I returned to my blessed new TRU and found an abundance of both ML14 and ML15 on the pegs.

This time there were no ML15 variants, but more than one of each character... except for Thorbuster Iron Man -- he was nowhere to be found. 3 Wasps, a few Beta Ray Bills, a couple of Captain Marvels. 1 Moon Knight, and 2 Spider-women.

Since I needed to replace my broken-armed Spider-woman (don't have the patience or interest in repairing or "modding" the figure once it breaks -- it's damaged goods and I'll always have to be that much more careful with it knowing it's broken already), I looked at the two they had. One had ripped/detached webbing from her left arm. The other had slightly sloppier paint applications. After weighing this dilemma carefully, I went with the sloppier paint. It's nothing glaring that I can't overlook, and I couldn't justify buying a replacement for a broken figure if it too was damaged before even coming out of the package.

Luckily all the joints on THIS Spider-woman are functional and seemingly strong. So I am officially and satisfactorily caught up with ML15. My only "want" now is the Face Off 2 sets, but that's not urgent, so things are good.

Damn on Sunday I went to TRU just for the hell of it and found variants for ML 15 I got 3 Destroyers, 2 Genius (sp), a Red Wasp, 2 Spider-woman, and a Moonknight. I got a Destroyer for me and HRB and got the other one for trade for a Yellow & Green Rogue only, unless she is not going to be made then I'll settle for a Reg. Rogue

Dude, 3 Destroyers! How lucky can you be! Did you get the variant MK? Are you keeping it for yourself or are you putting it up for sale/trade? If so, what do you want for it?

I really want the variant MK!

Dude, 3 Destroyers! How lucky can you be! Did you get the variant MK? Are you keeping it for yourself or are you putting it up for sale/trade? If so, what do you want for it?

I really want the variant MK!

I found one, but I'm keeping it for myself, but like I said to other people. I'm going to look for more so I can trade and sell (for cost + S&H) on here

I guess I didn't think about if before, why are you supporting ebayers?? I mean, see, had you waited you would have found everything!! Just wondering why you support those that keep the toys from us!! I mean the waves just started appearing!!

Look at me, this week alone I found everything I have wanted, and no ebaying!!

Just curious.

I guess I didn't think about if before, why are you supporting ebayers?? I mean, see, had you waited you would have found everything!! Just wondering why you support those that keep the toys from us!! I mean the waves just started appearing!!

Just curious.

Some people have no patience. My friend HRB use to do that and I got on him for it and now he has saved some money. That is why when I see rare figures I get them. Even if it's for lines I don't collect I pick them up to trade or sell (at cost + Shipping) to people looking for them

Just curious.

Because where Dsmith and I come from, NYC is the craphole of ML findings. It is one of THE last place to get anything. I still have only seen X3 figures twice, and they were mostly Sabretooths and Iceman and such. Everyone got their Face-Off Series 1 around like June, we got them at September. I try not to use evilbay, but looks like I have to for XMC3 Rogue.

Just curious.

Pure impatience.

But this time, I really DID make an effort not to overpay because I do end up regretting it later when the figures finally DO land in my area. So considering what I paid I don't think I did too much to support scalpers.

And the way my life is set up, I simply don't have the time, nor the means (a car) to go hunting for these figures all the time. It's just easier, and less stressful, to go for them online, and at the very least with eBay, you do have feedback ratings to go by rather than random words of kindness about fellow people on message boards. That is not to say I don't trust pretty much everyone on this board because MANY people here have helped me out more times than I could count. It just boils down to impatience, and convenience. At least for me.