Gimme some opinions on "The Batman".

Magic 8 Ball

I don't have cable, and in my area, no cable means no TV. However, I know quite a few people on these boards and some others that like The Batman, although very few people in my area even gave it a chance.

I decided to give it a shot myself, and picked up the first season on DVD. Honestly, I was not impressed. I felt that many of the characters were one-dimensional, the plots were ridiculous (Alfred renews a family vendetta over a serving tray?!), and it just seemed to meander through gimmicks and fight scenes. Then I got to the two-parter that ended the season. It started out pretty bland, but I thought it really picked up. By the end, I was pretty happy with it, and willing to give the second season a look- IF it's more like this.

Again, I don't have the capability to check it out on my own, so I'm looking for some good opinions here. How do the later seasons compare to the first one? Is there more attention paid to developing characters? Do they take the focus off the flair and put it on the story?

To those who think the show is great, I want to point out that my criticisms are not my way of trying to say that the show is awful. I just didn't find much of what I wanted in it, but I'm hoping that much of that was 'first-season jitters'. Any thoughts, opinions, and hey, maybe even a link to some clips or an episode guide would be appreciated.

agreed, they actually have some decent writing for a kids show. if you want, you can get either of them cheap at amazon.com, season 1 is 10 & season 2 is alittle more. deepdiscountdvd.com also has them for cheap & you can get an extra 20% off with the code SUPERSALE entering in the promo. they also have the batman vs dracula movie for 8 bucks. that one had some nicely drawn animation.

The show is awesome. I have been really impressed with how they have been able to do "yet another Batman" and still keep everything fresh.

I didn't feel the same way you did about the first season. I liked it. However I will acknowledge that the show has grown quite a bit since the first season.

I think it is definitely worth watching. You can pick up the seasons on DVD for a great price & catch the new episodes over the air.

The current season has been really good (maybe not Everywhere man), I think it's worth checking out.

I haven't seen all of season 3 (it's currently being shown now on Teletoon in Canada), but it appears to be getting better each season.

FIrst of all, this is a 20 minutes kid show. The plot are simple and they are trying to go on a different direction than the old Batman:TAS.

So far I'm pretty please with the redesigned villians and new villians.

The Batman himself is pretty much how I've pictured him to be. Something similar to an "Ultimate Batman" like Marvel did with their characters.

I have to say the series is getting better and better. I beleive the current season with have Martian Manhunter in the final episode.

I think it's good and getting better. I was a huge fan of the Batman: Animated Series which ran for years and spun out the Superman: Animated Series, Batman Beyond and JLU. As a result, I was a bit skeptical of this new take on The Batman. But I was skeptical about Batman Beyond too. Let's just say, it's growing on me. I was less than thrilled with some of the re-imaginings of the old villains (Ventriloquist springs to mind), but I've been pleased by RagDoll, the Marilyn Manson take on Riddler, and the new Grundy. Plus, I NEVER thought we'd get an action figure of Firefly! Cool.