lights in sigma six

motleycool

They're there to make you notice them so that you will buy them.

The only way know of to turn them off is to open the package and remove the AA batteries.

I would be concerned about keeping keeping a Mint in Box collection of these. The batteries could leak or corrode over time.

Not a good idea for collectors Hasbro.

I would be concerned about keeping keeping a Mint in Box collection of these. The batteries could leak or corrode over time.

Not a good idea for collectors Hasbro.

Well, Hasbro's not thinking about collectors when they mass market these toys. They're thinking about the 7 y/o who will notice the blinking light, look at the toy, bug their mom/dad to buy it for them, take it home, and rip it out of the package. So, Hasbro did pretty good by this. And for every character I've seen a light in, I've seen one without the light, so if you really want to collect these MOC, you can get one of those. Neither one seems more 'rare' than the other.

I think that they should have at least put the batteries at the bottom instead of the top. That way if the batteries did leak they wouldn't leak on to the figures or accessories. Even the Zartan & Stone that I ordered from Hasbro had the light.

Guest DavAnthony

Alright I'm about to beat a dead horse-

So hasbro has practically made a blinking sign for Sigma Six and yet they couldn't even figure out what to do for the 3.75" Joes and nothing was ever in their "budget". The more I hear about stuff for Sigma Six the more I'm convinced this is some Hasbro executives baby.

-Done beating the horse.

Alright I'm about to beat a dead horse-

So hasbro has practically made a blinking sign for Sigma Six and yet they couldn't even figure out what to do for the 3.75" Joes and nothing was ever in their "budget". The more I hear about stuff for Sigma Six the more I'm convinced this is some Hasbro executives baby.

-Done beating the horse.

Exactly. I've been saying that for awhile now.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a marketing ploy by Hasbro. They hope the red lite will attract people's attention to the figures on the shelf. Make them stand out more. I think they are kind of a pain when you open them, and seems like they would be kinda expensive since they use two AA batteries to power them for each one.

I got a Destro mid summer, and if you don't leave them on all the time, the blinking lights last a long time.... I am still working off the same batteries...

Guest DavAnthony

Yeah the entire line has been pushed in a kind of irrational way. That is why I really feel Sigma Six is some executives baby, where whatever he is saying goes and since he's the big cheese, the main gahoona, numero uno everyone is just yessing him to death in good ole' corp fashion.

Yeah the entire line has been pushed in a kind of irrational way. That is why I really feel Sigma Six is some executives baby, where whatever he is saying goes and since he's the big cheese, the main gahoona, numero uno everyone is just yessing him to death in good ole' corp fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, either.

Well, Hasbro's not thinking about collectors when they mass market these toys. They're thinking about the 7 y/o who will notice the blinking light, look at the toy, bug their mom/dad to buy it for them, take it home, and rip it out of the package. So, Hasbro did pretty good by this. And for every character I've seen a light in, I've seen one without the light, so if you really want to collect these MOC, you can get one of those. Neither one seems more 'rare' than the other.

Seriously? Do you have any pictures? I haven't seen any "with and without" anywhere. Every figure now has the red light. There are figures that were already out that didn't have the light and Hasbro repacked them with a light, but I haven't seen any Lt. Stone, Destro, Hi-Tech, etc. that's packed both ways. But if you have any pictures, it would be cool to see them and know they're out there.

I thought it was for decoding the little strip of "magic goggle" code next to the characters avatar on the back of the package. Even though you can read the whats underneath the red splotches anyway....

Seriously? Do you have any pictures? I haven't seen any "with and without" anywhere. Every figure now has the red light. There are figures that were already out that didn't have the light and Hasbro repacked them with a light, but I haven't seen any Lt. Stone, Destro, Hi-Tech, etc. that's packed both ways. But if you have any pictures, it would be cool to see them and know they're out there.

I don't know the specific Wave or whatever, but I can say that figures like LONG RANGE (the "regular" one) were released before the 'lights' were added, it must've been a running change with that wave because when I got my own Long Range (my lil bro got one when he first came out) more recently, he has a red light in his pack (I should know, he's still MOC).