Well, I can cross Toyrocket.com off my list!

Devilbat

I have been waiting over a month for a Rodimus Prime re-issue to arrive that I had bought on eBay from Toyrocket.com. I waited, then I waited, and then I waited some more. Well, Monday I e-mailed them, asking if the item had shipped. On the receipt page it does say that e-mail notifications of shipment may be blocked by pop-up blocking software, which I do have. So in my e-mail I inquired about the item since it may have been blocked. Then tonight I get an e-mail saying my money had been refunded! No response, no explanation...nothing! Feeling really burned, I immediately left them bad feedback. And I felt bad because I'm not usually one to get upset about stuff like that, especially when someone refunds my money. It just ticks me off because if they wanted to they could have contacted me by phone or via eBay's e-mail service. I felt ignored and very unsatisfied. I'd been perfectly fine with it if they'd only contacted me and explained what happened. But I got nothing. At least I did get my money back.

So what do you guys think? What would you have done? Would you have tried to contact them again to see what the deal was, or would you have done like I did and give 'em bad feedback for such poor customer service? Was I in the wrong since I did at least get my money back? Grr... @grumpy@

would depend on if I have delt with the person before or knew them personaly but in this case I woulda most likely done the same as you ... Really you only got you're cash back at all because you emailed them!!

& you're right the least they could do is give you some bs excuse if anything...

Well they refunded your money which shows they are a decent seller. Maybe they did contact you but you email blocked it.

I used to do ebay for a company and its not the easiest thing when to have to email every individual person through ebays email system.

I probably would havent left anything. I think a Neutral if anything.

I never heard good things about them

i bought some stuff from their website and got it no problem, were you buying something from them that was a pre-order?

if so them maybe they didnt get as many as they were supposed to

either way they should have contacted you and let you know why if they cant then get out of the business

You only got your money cause you emailed them and you didn't get the item you bought

if they would have emailed apologized and said sorry we'll send your money if we do that could you leave us a neutral or something, i'd understand, but they didn't.

so your negative was justified.

I won a G.I. Joe item from them off of ebay for a great price. I was the only bidder.

After about a week went by, I got an e-mail saying "we can't find the item" & they refunded my money.

Wow. That's pretty pathetic. Especially if you are a professional.

Yeah, I was slightly wary of dealing with them in the first place. I really don't know why. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt since they're advertised in every major toy magazine out there. I figured they had to be pretty reputable. And as far as I know, this wasn't a pre-order or back-order item. Nothing in the auction indicated that. It just had a glowing discription of how this was a straight-from-the-factory, case-fresh, mint Rodimus Prime, brand-new. I was so excited and was so looking forward to getting it. Just absolutely sorry service. You win an auction, you should be guaranteed the item; right? Isn't that how it's supposed to work? And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's been done this way. Bah...

I got the last laugh though. I turned right back around and found another one on eBay from someone who had 100% positive feedback, and it was much cheaper to boot. Let's keep our fingers crossed. (Maybe I'm not meant to have one...) (lol)

Oh, and I almost forgot; I got an e-mail yesterday all of a sudden apologizing for the slow response and how I was refunded because they've lost track (!) of certain orders and he decided he'd rather refund me instead of have me waiting. (What?!) Isn't that the sorriest service you've ever heard of?! (lol) Unbelievable.

And I guess he's obviously not gotten wind of my bad feedback yet, or he might not have been so "cordial" in the e-mail. Which brings me to another question: If he could e-mail me so easily like that, then why didn't he before he refunded my money? Shouldn't it have been an option to either wait for the item or get a refund? Terrible, terrible service.

I just keep waiting any day now to get bad feedback from them. I'll make it clear in my response what happened, just like I did in my negative feedback. Oh well...

I see these guys selling toys out at the Pasadena City College every now and again, picked up a Primus from the for twenty bucks, and 2 Sigma 6 figs for 8 bucks, they seemed very reasonable with their prices, you should call them up and talk to a live person!

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, I hope your not sitting at your computer signed onto Ebay.. just waiting to see if they give you negative feedback. HAHAA!! @loll@

Well, if they do.. don't think you don't deserve it(not saying they were right), because you did it to them. They'd prolly do it as retalitory.

This is the main reason I do not buy from "power sellers." They have so much good feedback they could care less about bad feedback. When buying from big sellers, you can get lost in the shuffle, and forgotten.

Also, I would have not left any feedback if they gave me a refund. I got hosed on ebay, got no refund, or item, and lost $20 to paypal resolution center. Don't feel to bad about it.

Uh, I hope your not sitting at your computer signed onto Ebay.. just waiting to see if they give you negative feedback. HAHAA!! @loll@

Well, if they do.. don't think you don't deserve it(not saying they were right), because you did it to them. They'd prolly do it as retalitory.

Yeah...every time I log on I expect to see a negative from them. Ah...what can I do now? I was really ticked off at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more I wished I had reserved judgement, especially since I was refunded. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to suck it up and take it like a man... (lol)

This is the main reason I do not buy from "power sellers." They have so much good feedback they could care less about bad feedback. When buying from big sellers, you can get lost in the shuffle, and forgotten.

Also, I would have not left any feedback if they gave me a refund. I got hosed on ebay, got no refund, or item, and lost $20 to paypal resolution center. Don't feel to bad about it.

Thanks darthfather. Maybe they'll forget about me and not give ME any feedback. (lol) *sigh* The only solace I have is that if they do give me a bad feedback, it'll only be the second on out of like almost three-hundred. The first time was from a deadbeat buyer that never paid for their item. I contacted them several times and got nothing. Then they threw a fit when I left them bad feedback and, like you said ryo, retaliated. Ah...what can ya do?

you can alway withdraw the feedback. if you contact ebay and explain your situation they can withdraw the comment. i would email toyrocket and talk to them. explain that you felt burned and atleast they couldve given you an explination. if you choose you can also let them know that you would like to contact ebay and have them withdraw the neg feedback. maybe they'll be impressed and give you a discount off your next purchase or some thing...who knows

Yeah, negatives on Ebay suck. I have about 56 feedback on my Ebay, and I've only gotten 1 negative.. but my rating has been at only 98.2% for a minute. I got only 1 negative a couple years ago, and no matter how many good ones you get, it takes awhile to get 100% again. Kinda gay, if you buy from the same mofo, even if it's multiple times it only counts as 1 feedback reply. That's lame. :rolleyes:

If you have 200+ feedback, I wouldn't worry, it shouldn't affect it too much. When you have less than 100, that negative definitely sucks ass.

:) :) Oh man, don't scare me now. I ordered SDeformed Magnus from them a couple of day back. Today, I just got a shipping track from them. I click the link and it said:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0176 3148 37

There is no record of this item.

Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

Was it an open auction? Sometimes a seller will cancel an auction if he feels like he can get more money. Check to see if it got relisted.

No, the late response I got from them said they recently lost track of some orders (!), and they said they had just as soon refund me than have me waiting. HUH?! Wouldn't it have been nice to have been given the choice? I would have happily waited as long as I did if not longer if I knew I was guaranteed a mint item. It's just a bad way to do business in my opinion, no matter how you cut it.

:) :) Oh man, don't scare me now. I ordered SDeformed Magnus from them a couple of day back. Today, I just got a shipping track from them. I click the link and it said:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1480 0860 0176 3148 37

There is no record of this item.

Why Are You Receiving This Message?

1. Event information may not be available if your item was mailed recently. Please try again later.

2. The number was entered incorrectly. Be sure to enter all of the letters and numbers as they appear on your mailing label or receipt.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 2, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

so far, it's looking like they were just slow to updating the site with the number. ;) hopefully everything works out with your order.. I've ordered from them once, it was a pre-order, wasn't sure if I 'd get it or not, it was for an SDCC Halo fig. I ended up forgetting about them, lol.. and got 2 in the mail a couple weeks later... lol.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 2, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

so far, it's looking like they were just slow to updating the site with the number. ;) hopefully everything works out with your order.. I've ordered from them once, it was a pre-order, wasn't sure if I 'd get it or not, it was for an SDCC Halo fig. I ended up forgetting about them, lol.. and got 2 in the mail a couple weeks later... lol.

:) :) Whew, thanks for the update. Good to see it's on schedule.