Another Sentry figure?

THE Sentry

Do you think Hasbro would do a Sentry figure? I mean...if they can do Herculese than they can do Sentry. BUT if they do, I want a more moderen one than the Giant Man series.

What do you say?

No real need for another Sentry figure, and this is the first Hercules in ML form anyway.

I'll add my voice to the "why would they want to do that?" group.

Likewise, I agree with the 'how much more modern can he get' question. I mean, he only just recently appeared in the MU. To my knowledge he hasn't gone through any drastic costume changes.

I'm getting one repainted, blue trunks, no gloves, long hair and no beard, but no need for another figure unless he changes his costume and is around more.

To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of a character that just got created like 3yrs ago regardless of people saying he was the 1st marvel hero Stan Lee created. If that's true, why wait 40yrs to bring him out? To get a figure of him before we get figures of Marvel legends such as Adam Warlock, Nova, Gladiator, Hyperion, Nighthawk, Sunfire, Warpath, etc , or villians such as the Wrecker, Grey Gargoyle, Titanium man , Crymson Dynamo, etc is wrong!

We got a regular & a variant of Sentry, what more do you want?

In 07, Hasbro needs to give us more ML figures of never before done characters such as the ones I mentioned. I really don't care to buy anymore Hulks, Wolvys, Spideys, etc.

The exception to those 3 would be if Hasbro were to do a "Battle damaged" wave & those 3 were in it, then they would be worth buying. Ironman is the lone exception due to his numorous armory of different armors. A battle damaged IM would be sweet too!

To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of a character that just got created like 3yrs ago regardless of people saying he was the 1st marvel hero Stan Lee created. If that's true, why wait 40yrs to bring him out?

From what I've read, that was all a hoax. Sentry is a brand new character. They just said he was created by Stan Lee a long time ago. Check out the wiki on him.

To tell the truth, I am not a big fan of a character that just got created like 3yrs ago regardless of people saying he was the 1st marvel hero Stan Lee created. If that's true, why wait 40yrs to bring him out?

It was a little joke they played on us. As was mentioned already - Sentry was recently created, and they sort of back-storied him into the MU to explain him. Part of that backpeddling was saying that Stan Lee created him a long time ago. They even released an old-style comic of him to 'prove it.' But yes, it was a hoax, of sorts.

I'm getting one repainted, blue trunks, no gloves, long hair and no beard, but no need for another figure unless he changes his costume and is around more.

I'm doing something similar. No trunks, but I'm fleshing his hands, giving him a slightly more 'golden' paint job and sculping some long hair. Great minds. But I agree, it's not a significant enough difference to warrant a new figure. At least, not this soon. It would have made a great variant, though.

In 07, Hasbro needs to give us more ML figures of never before done characters such as the ones I mentioned. I really don't care to buy anymore Hulks, Wolvys, Spideys, etc.

Hasbro is already demonstrating that there will be more Hulks, Wolvies, and Spideys. Whether anyone likes it or not - those figures help sell waves. They're recognizable to even casual MU fans, and to parents. It was no different when I was a kid. If my mother went to the store right now and saw every ML ever produced on the shelves, she'd recognize Wolvie, Spidey, and Hulk -- and maybe 10% of the other characters, if that.

All ML fans probably just need to resign themselves to the fact that we will -never- stop seeing Wolverines, Hulks, and Spider-Mans for as long as ML lasts.

The exception to those 3 would be if Hasbro were to do a "Battle damaged" wave & those 3 were in it, then they would be worth buying. Ironman is the lone exception due to his numorous armory of different armors. A battle damaged IM would be sweet too!

Agreed completely. I'd be all over a battle damaged wave. I always liked those figures when I was young -- but the only ones I really remember getting that treatment were Wolverine and Spider-Man.

I doubt we'd ever see it as an entire wave, though. There's few better ways to piss off ML collectors than to give them a brand new character, but have the only version of him be 'battle-damaged.' So we're more likely, if ever, to see a few battle-damaged characters scattered throughout various waves, rather than as a theme wave, because I doubt even Hasbro would be willing to make an entire ML wave of rehashed characters in 'battle-damaged' style. Still, I'm for it. Battle-damaged Iron Man and Wolverine would be at the top of my wanted list. But I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Well Joe Q. says that marvel has a "Big Twelve" those iconic characters that everyone reckognizes (even Grandma!) you know the ones you usually see all over the place? But yeah if they could do one wave of half the "Big 12"; Cap, Spidey, IM, Hulk, Daredevil, Wolvy, Elektra, Storm, The Thing, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Human Torch...all battle damaged I'd be happy, real happy!

"elektra" .... I don't think so!!

cap, im , dd , storm MAYBE!! Thing , punisher, ghostrider ( I only say this cause of the upcoming movie!) , spidey, hulk, wolvie, torch suree I could see that ...

The only reason I would even list the ff though is because of the movies... I really don't belive most people though don't know jack about comics aside from whats been out in movie format

Or in the hulks case TV show format...

really though, go ask you're dad or mom if they know who any of these guys are & quiz them on it too with what they look like ... Unless they them selfs read them as kids or something which I highly dout then odds are they will only know the movie charecters

"elektra" .... I don't think so!!

cap, im , dd , storm MAYBE!! Thing , punisher, ghostrider ( I only say this cause of the upcoming movie!) , spidey, hulk, wolvie, torch suree I could see that ...

The only reason I would even list the ff though is because of the movies... I really don't belive most people though don't know jack about comics aside from whats been out in movie format

Or in the hulks case TV show format...

really though, go ask you're dad or mom if they know who any of these guys are & quiz them on it too with what they look like ... Unless they them selfs read them as kids or something which I highly dout then odds are they will only know the movie charecters

FF had a Hanna-Barbera cartoon in the 60's/70's if you don't believe me, just watch Boomerang overnight, they were the "First" marvel comics remember? When I was a kid, I didn't read FF but I loved The Thing while my brother loved Johnny Storm...even if he has turned his back on Marvel since (to become a huge Superman fan?!) But yeah, if you look at any of the MArvel packaging, you'll see Elektra or Storm as the main female characters, I'm thinkin the Silver Surfer, Dr Doom or Venom is the odd man out when only one of the ladies are used...

But most recognizable 'female' character does not equate to 'most recognizable character in general.' I guarantee you that nine out of ten people unfamiliar with comics will recognize Wolverine, and won't recognize Elektra -- unless they happened to see the movie. And even then, ML Elektra looks nothing like movie Elektra, so the chances of that are even pretty slim.

The only -really- recognizable comic female I can think of is Wonder Woman. Pretty much everyone knows who she is. Besides her, most 'female character' recognition is based on whatever movie has been out recently. Sure, everyone here knows who Elektra is, but I guarantee my 50-year-old father doesn't have the foggiest clue, except maybe to say "that really hot broad with the big rack in that movie?"

And yes, my father talks like that.

I'll add my two-cents.

I hope they never (NEVER!) do a modern Sentry with his long, girlie-man blonde hair. I despise that incarnation.

In fact (here come the rant!), I despise what Marvel has done with the Sentry since bringing him back.

Per the original Jenkins storyline, the Sentry is a LEADER. He's the hero that ALL the other heroes looked up to. If the Void is gone (and don't get me started on how convoluted the story eventually got), he should be leading the Avengers. Instead, they've made him into a whimpering "B-list" character.

That is all.

BTW...I would like it if HASBRO did a version of the blue-mask Silver-Age Sentry. But it will never happen...

#US1#

I doubt it!

Before the giant man wave came out...I didnt' even know who sentry was :o

That's too bad. Jenkin's original story is (IMO) a classic. He effectively inserted a new character into the Silver-Age mythos of Marvel, and it worked. In essence, the Sentry WAS there during the Silver Age, the Bronze Age, and beyond. I would recommend picking it up, it's awesome!

#US1#

I have to admit that I'm a Sentry fan, although he does come off as very feeble minded in the current comics. He was written as THE superhero in his origin comic. He was powerful, smart and everyone loved him. I like the idea of his friendship with both Hulk and Reed Richards. I wouldn't mind seeing an origin Sentry figure, but there are many other characters that should be made first.