Guest DavAnthony

True Gritt Customs - Update-

Guest DavAnthony

This was one of the first customs I made when I started getting back into GiJoe. As time went on I kept changing stuff I didn't like about my first version. I added alot of little things here and there, most of which I've forgotten about (since I finished this a couple of months ago and it has been altered over the last year).

UPDATE: I updated the site with a write up, parts list and what I was "going" for.

http://www.loserville.us/~truegrittcustoms/

click on GiJoe and then there you go.

dukenewagain.JPG

dukenewagain2.JPG

dukenewagain9.JPG

Thanks for looking

Dave

dave very cool to see your V1 custom of him. i know what you mean i have been doing that alot as of late too. i think of it this way with or improving talent and learning new things and haveing new parts to work with. well with me i find ways to improve on my first custom that i did. i allways love seeing your work.

As much as i HATE Duke - this is an awesome custom!!

He actually looks like a "Duke-style" character should look!!

Really nice parts choice - and an M-16 seems to really fit him well.

Great holster!!

Way cool!!

Guest DavAnthony

Doom Saber,

Someone from one of the other boards mentioned the same thing. I had wanted to do something different and at the time I made the original version of this custom I had seen a movie with a character in it who had the similiar buzz cut. I can't remember what movie it was or what actor it was now though.

xhairs,

I'm with you on that. I'm always looking for new paints, sculpting materials, ideas etc. It is great to be able to make stuff and do things with customs that I never thought I coudl pull off. Also having jumped over to the testors model master acrylics I'm going back and doing touch-ups to alot of the figures. That paint is just awesome.

zweiman,

Thanks the idea was really pulled from the Hasbro file card for the figure and the SpyTroops movie. Hasbro was close but missed it by a few notches (in my opinion anyway).

Lost Viper

Thank you, it took me awhile to find a rifle that seemed to "fit" for Duke. For some reason with other characters it didn't seem that complicated but since Duke comes across to me as a kind of bare-bones soilder. I didn't see him working with anything too advanced or gadgety. That is why Ninja Duke was never a good idea in my book. The guy is a soilder 100%.

falcon7,

Thank you falcon, I'm glad you like it and thanks for the comment.

blaster_e11,

Yes Duke definatley tends to line people up on the like/dislike side, so I'm glad you like the custom.

Cyber Bear,

Thanks, the figure definatley looks younger then the classic version I did. With most of my customs I figure the Joes to be in their 20's and 30's with Hawk being one of the oldest in his 40's. Duke I always saw at around 34/35.

Duke always came across to me that he was this Ivy league type pretty boy who actually was a tough guy who just happened to be born into "ideal" circumstances with his family. However, he still had a code and a sense of honor and felt the best way to repay what he had been born with was to go and serve his country. That is why I like the character so much and why he always came across as heroic to me.

Why dont you change the name of your site to "Crap Your Pants customs" cause thats the first thing i do when i see them!

just to clerifiy i crap my pant because they are so awsome not because im reminded of doo doo when i see them....have i explained too much again?

Love it!

TM

Guest DavAnthony

Sike,

Thanks, I still have quite a bit more to do and get finished up.

TM,

That was an awesome message thanks ! I started laughing as soon as I read it. I appreciate the humor and the kind words.

Guest DavAnthony

Cobra Command,

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the improvements. The original version I did always bugged me but this one I can leave alone now.

Dave

Why dont you change the name of your site to "Crap Your Pants customs" cause thats the first thing i do when i see them!

just to clerifiy i crap my pant because they are so awsome not because im reminded of doo doo when i see them....have i explained too much again?

Love it!

TM

"cuz i'm wearing them; and i just did!!! thanks! oops! i crapped my pants!"