Most underrated vehicle ever

Cyber Bear

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McBragg

i liked vehicles that could hold some figures, and I don't mean jus with foot pegs. I'd say the Bugg, because cobra didn't have to many vehicles that can transport 7 figures without any on footpegs, and has sea/land capabilities.

desert fox is good, but I can't figure out how skidmark can see to drive, low seat, high dashboard.

for a classic era vehicle, the stun also seem underrated, but they break too easy.

The recon sled was one of my favorites, but everybody else seems to hate it. To me, it seemed like a futuristic motorcycle to replace the Ram and the Mirage, but it never caught on even though it had a lot of cartoon exposure.

And those Joe cannon, the Flak and the Whirlwind from back in the day. No wait, they weren't underrated. They just sucked. As a kid, I only liked stuff that could roll, fly, or float, not stuff that had to be towed. The ASP was ok though because it just looked so cool.

I would say the Cobra PARASITE.

I got it in my early teens and is one of the last vehicles I bought in my youth.

BUT I loved it because it was a cool little heavy transport vehicle, you could fit a whole barrage of figures in it.

I wasn't too thrilled with the catapult launcher, but I loved the drive seat with the twin guns, he only needed a cover for safety, though. Oh and the color had to change.

BUt the PARASITE is underated.

The recon sled was one of my favorites, but everybody else seems to hate it. To me, it seemed like a futuristic motorcycle to replace the Ram and the Mirage, but it never caught on even though it had a lot of cartoon exposure.

I always liked the recon sled. I have no idea why or what draws me to it, but before I owned it, it was one of the coolest things ever, and once I got it, I still felt that way.

The Desert Fox and the Triple T were also up there in my book, as was the HAVOC and the Hammer (which was kinda replaced by the Night Ops HumVee)

For me, its the Desert Fox w/ Skidmark. Loved the design of the vehicle, and always thought it would have made a ideal platform for other variations and paint schemes.

Too bad it just came and went.

The Desert Fox actually was released a second time as the "Dino Hunter". Had some neon yellowo n it if I recall but was in green so it made oor a nice non-desert alternative to the original.

There's one I'll add to the list: the Locust from 1990.

When I first saw that lil green copter, I thought it was cheezy.......then I saw it with the General and the idea of that monster rig covered with those things made a pretty cool visual. Sadly, I never got either of those two vehicles when I had the chance and was collecting the stuff.

Yeah the Locust is pretty sweet. One thing I loved doing was using Wild Bill as the pilot and have him go from the General to the Mobile Command Center. Found out the Locust fits pretty good on the little pad on the MCC.

The LCV Recon Sled. I always thought of it as some high-powered motorcycle that could outrun anything.

The SLAM. It was a pretty neat little tank, but the dude facing backwards was pretty much hosed when it came to defense.

The LCV Recon Sled. I always thought of it as some high-powered motorcycle that could outrun anything.

The SLAM. It was a pretty neat little tank, but the dude facing backwards was pretty much hosed when it came to defense.

I always thought the same thing about the HAVOC and STUN drivers. Those guys were sitting ducks.

For me, it has always been the Sky Hawk. It just looked so compact and nicely designed for a one man VTOL even though it wasn't as heavily armed or armored as some other vehicles.

Honorable mention for me includes the Battle Hawk (from Funskool). I know it was never released domestically but I just love that forward swept look to the chopper (sans handle).

For me, it has always been the Sky Hawk. It just looked so compact and nicely designed for a one man VTOL even though it wasn't as heavily armed or armored as some other vehicles.

Honorable mention for me includes the Battle Hawk (from Funskool). I know it was never released domestically but I just love that forward swept look to the chopper (sans handle).

The Sky Hawk was an interesting vehicle as it came out early on, when they were still doing "realisitic" vehicles.

The Buzzboar.

I always wanted it as a kid, and still don't have it today...but once I move into a new place with more room, and start chasing down vehicles on ebay...it'll be at the top of my list. :)

The Buzzboar.

I always wanted it as a kid, and still don't have it today...but once I move into a new place with more room, and start chasing down vehicles on ebay...it'll be at the top of my list. :)

I picked one up in a pack of "lesser" vehicles just before I moved, so I haven't gotten around to playing with it.

Though it is weird, it isn't too bad for a Cobra vehicle. More of a utility type vehicle than combat.

There are so many underrated Joe Vehicles.Would the Mamba be considered an underrated vehile.That thing was my favorite Coba chopper.Underrated on the Joe side,the Battle force 2000 vehilces.I know it sounds crazy but you had 5 0r 6 vehicles with portions that become a base.I naver had all the parts that made up the base however.

Yeah,I'd say the Mamba was underrated. I think what got it that way were all of the people that complained about having problems with the rotors and those pod things on the sides. I use to own one and had no problems. Another Cobra aircraft that's underrated is the Condor. You always hear people gush about the Rattler and Nightraven but never this one. Shame really since it's a pretty cool.

I stopped with the Joes around 1987 or so, but I remember loving the small sets, like the Cobra bunker, the rifle range, the Mortar set, the checkpoint, the bivouac and the machine gun installation. I'd put all the sandbags, signs, wall, boxes, weapons, tools and vehicles together to form super-bases.

The coolest big vehicle was the Rattler, which I put on layaway for a few weeks, and paid off with saved chocolate milk money. What a toy!

1994 Cobra Desert Scorpion jeep. Really cool. Offset front seats and a gunner station. Black and tan go well together. They look great with the black and gold desert sand viper figures.

43630126.jpg

except the gattling gun will nail the driver in the head