Weird Variant Findings in GA

Raiden

This is getting a little out of hand, a friend of mine in Birmingham just found 3 cases at a store and two of them were variants cases! He was so happy as he is MOC and loose collector. SO that is now 5 variant cases I know of in AL out of 9 total cases i know that have hit.

Draven

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 15 has indeed hit GA. Found a regular Wasp, Captain Marvel and Beta Ray at the Wal mart off Howel Mill in Atlanta. No variants but I obviously just got the left overs. Was very sad I didn't see a Spiderwoman. Happy hunting all.

the howell mill one is the new one that opened, right? with the tj maxx sign by i-75 that already doesn't work (the T doesn't light up lol)

i've gotten the regulars that i've wanted so far, and slowed it down to casual checking for variants.

Ah... SO your my competition! @pow@ @smilepunch@

And yes that is the one.

Is this the new one at the intersection of 92 & 41? I was in it Friday and saw nothing except some DCSH 4 figs (finally grabbed luthor & Darkside). That's a ways off Barret Parkway, unless there's another new one I don't know about. I live in Calhoun and we got a variant case here a couple of weeks ago so I know they are alive & well around here. I've seen several WM's get in 15 in Rome, Calhoun, Dalton, Cartersville.

I've had more trouble finding XMC 3 than anything. I keep missing Nightcrawler, Rogue & Avalanche. (any help finding these would be greatly appreciated). I go down to the Town Center, Acworth, Kennesaw area every other Friday to hook up with some buddies so I check the TRU, Targets, WMs in those areas. kinda bad when you can take a path that crosses 5 Wal-Marts & 3 targets in a range of about 20 miles (2 walmarts within 4 miles of each other on the same highway) man, those are getting too close together. Only other thing I found friday were leftover Showdown singles of Beast & Juggy.

Anyway, I guess we need to start identifying each other in the stores. Wouldn't hurt to know each other by face. Maybe a simple greeting of "Do you Open?" and a reply of "Always" just to differentiate us from Scalpers.

Anyway, Here's to the hunt

Guest Steve Rogers

I live in the middle of Powder Springs, Hiram and Douglasville for those tracking.

Hiram!! Hey! :o

My Mother-In-Law use to live in Villa Rica!

We were up that way once or twice a month. It was great. I would drop off the wife & go out all day, all over Atlanta on “the Hunt”.

Ah….. The old Douglasville Run…..

Media Play, Target, TRU, KB, Spencers & Kmart. All within 5 miles of each other!

I used to find lots off good stuff. :D Man! I miss those days….. @sad@

Last year she moved down to Florida, so I never have an excuse to head up that way anymore….

Wow! There are a ton of us GA folks here.

So…… Lotsa Georgia around here, it seems-

Raiden – Atlanta (Douglasville)

KamenDreda – Atlanta

PlayNiceOrDie – Atlanta(?)

Glaken – Atlanta (Calhoun)

Kenx - NW GA

Steve Rogers – Macon/Perry

Flying Infant - Augusta

Jmoney – Valdosta

Rolling Thunder - ???

We ought to see about getting together sometime.

Anyone interested? @?@

Anyway, Here's to the hunt

AMEN Brother!! :D

KamenDreda – Atlanta

Kenx - NW GA

Flying Infant - Augusta

Jmoney – Valdosta

Rolling Thunder - ???

Gaa!! All you guys??!! You all need to wear signs so I can Ninja you on the way to the stores. Kidding of course. I'm actually one of those who makes sure any kids nearby get what they want first.

Me? I'm in Kennesaw. Can't run around but a few times a week because of work, family, and training (I train and teach Aikido/Taijutsu). Anyone need to learn a Captain america hip throw?

KamenDreda – Atlanta

Kenx - NW GA

Flying Infant - Augusta

Jmoney – Valdosta

Rolling Thunder - ???

Anyone interested? @?@

[/size]

There are a lot of us! I'd be up for hanging out. (That way I can feed you all poison and have the run of Georgia toy stores all to myself! BWAHAHAHAH!) Just kidding! @smilepunch@

KamenDreda – Atlanta

Kenx - Rome (Lindale)

Flying Infant - Augusta

Jmoney – Valdosta

Rolling Thunder - ???

Anyone interested? @?@

[/size]

There are a lot of us! I'd be up for hanging out. (That way I can feed you all poison and have the run of Georgia toy stores all to myself! BWAHAHAHAH!) Just kidding! @smilepunch@

Thats were I am at.

That makes me wonder who the other main buyers of ML here in the Augusta area are. I know I've heard from one WM employee awhile back about some "old fat bald guys" who literally emptied the pegs into their carts.

I hope they were passing through or something. Because if all I hafta compete with around here is scalpers, I think I might cry.

I am sure there are alot of scalpers here locally......went to a toy show last year in Atlanta off of 85 and there were tons of guys there trying to sell ML. I asked about a few figs here and there, and this one guy really ticked me off. He was trying to sell me a Absorbing Man for $35, with the KBtoys sticker on still saying $7.99. He was also trying to sell loose figs with no accessories for about $8 a piece. I wanted to donkey punch that guy. I can't stand the scalpers.

Impressive. I didn't imagine I would ever find this many Georgians on a board. Got Savannah covered here and I have yet to see series 15. I did find a case of series 14 at TRU and got what I wanted - no variants. Then a Walmart had a case of series 14 on the palatte a few days ago, but I didn't get a chance to pillage. Otherwise, I am still waiting on the series 12 and 11s to get off the shelves so they will restock something more.

I do hope all the real collectors made it to those figs, or at least some kids who thought they looked really cool.

Knowing kids these days some kid found the variants, bought them, ran right home and used their parents ebay account to sell them for twice the price (or more).

OK finally got the regular version of the MODOK wave here in Valdosta but still no variants. Since variants are the only things worth getting in this wave I've had to settle with only buying Beta Ray Bill.

Hopefully I can stay strong untill I find variants. MODOK calls to me...

I stop by that Hiram Wal-Mart every once in awhile, because I travel out to Dallas, GA sometimes. I live in the Roswell/Alpharetta area and besides seeing 1 regular case of ML 15 at the Wal-Mart nearest me, I have yet to see any more ML 15 at any of the 6 or so Wal-Marts in my area....definitely no variants...

This is cool, however, that there are quite a few of us from GA here.

EDIT: Well, I just found all of the variants today at TRU! Sweet!

Which TRU? I found 4 cases of ML 15 at the TRU near Cumberland mall and there were no variants in the whole lot. (There were still plenty of the regulars left over if anyone wants to go at them.)

You guys in GA are gonna hate me (and probably other parts of the country will hate me too) but I found another full set of variants at my local TRU today. I went to the Douglasville TRU by Arbor Mall looking for the HoM boxset, and there looking right at me was a silver Moon Knight! I looked behind him and saw a Destroyer!

This time I picked up a Destroyer for myself (traded away the other two I had) and picked up a Marvel, MK, and SW for trade fodder. I figured a dealer/scalper would get to it first before I could post, so I am gonna put them up for trade. I may be able to get those FO2 variants because I really want that Mandarin.

So that makes three times that I know of that there were complete sets of ML15 variants. These are proving easier to get than the ML9 variants. Get out there and start looking people!

FYI for all you Atlanta area folk. TRU off 400 in Buckhead is cramed full of ML15 variants. I got one of each (Minus the Blue wasp of course) and left a bunch on the shelf. I know for a fact that there are at least 5 or 6 red Wasps still there. Spiderwoman may be gone.

And I have a Destroyer I don't want if someone would like to trade. Check out my sig for what I am looking for. Thanks!