Is Hasbro stupid???

Scott

Why are they releasing those mego like POS? Mego went out of business and Toy Biz' Famous Cover line which was the same thing bombed. Why would Hasbro bring these things back??? It makes no sense to me. Why don't companies learn from past mistakes???

eh..most of the time wal mart is pretty slow on clearancing stuff out unless it is around x mas. I will go 6 months

Why are they releasing those mego like POS? Mego went out of business and Toy Biz' Famous Cover line which was the same thing bombed. Why would Hasbro bring these things back??? It makes no sense to me. Why don't companies learn from past mistakes???

Who said that the FAMOUS COVER line "bombed"?

Are you privy to the sales figures?? Did you have a conversation with the Marketing Director?? Did you review any confidential Market Research that leads you to believe that NOBODY wants this line??

Look...I didn't like FAMOUS COVERS, either. But my own preferences have nothing to do with the actual success of the line. That line had several waves; one would assume that if it was a "bomb", it would have ended after 1-2 waves. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean that others didn't.

This is what happens when we, as fans, try to second guess the decisions of a business, and HASBRO (like TOY-BIZ) is a BUSINESS. They didn't just decide to do the "mego like POS" line on whim - no doubt, they have research that tells them that this is wanted by their target audience.

And that's another thing...why are you under the impression that these are being marketed to the same people who buy Marvel Legends??? Are you familiar with the term "market segment"??

Guys...it's not a zero sum game...just because they're making this line doesn't mean they're diverting resources from LEGENDS...

#US1#

I LOVE famous covers and if I had a mego, I'd love it too.

Bring 'em on!

Mego didnt go out of bussiness because of their super heroes, if anything the line kept them afloat for a few years. Famous covers didnt flop, no way would you get a line of over 30 figs and several excluisives if it didnt sell well. Its cool if you dont like these, but persoanlly im looking foward to the line and hoping for some additions.

Hasbro is stupid for so many, many reasons. Probably not for bringing back MEGO/Famous Cover type figures, but for tons of other crap over the years. I never liked the Famous Cover stuff because cloth never looks good as supertight costume material.

And they're Barbie Dolls. ; )

Don't underestimate the older collector who played with Mego action figures. Check some of the online Mego web groups and you will be surprised how excited some of these collectors are. Also, for the record Famous Covers was not a bomb. It did very well for awhile with Toy Biz producing over 40 different figures.

I hope they make a Storm in her current Uncanny costume one of these days.

Don't underestimate the older collector who played with Mego action figures. Check some of the online Mego web groups and you will be surprised how excited some of these collectors are. Also, for the record Famous Covers was not a bomb. It did very well for awhile with Toy Biz producing over 40 different figures.

Thats exactly what I was gonna say! Mego entusiasts are like we are about ML today, back in the 70's. They balked when Mego tried to go the whole "Kenner route" and produce the 3.75 lines, and if it wasn't for them we would know "jack" about collecting at all (I used to collect Mego's back inna day) but when you keep in mind that the target demographic for the 8" figs is like 35+ our pennies towards ML is kinda insignificant...

Mego Museum-the go to site for all thing Mego

I think you are all missing the point...........they are for a little girl's barbie collection. Green Goblin needs a date too.........

;)

I think you're missing the point: There is an audience, and a market, for action figures that look like "a little girl's barbie collection". Maybe not you...but definitely others.

#US1#

They are trash!

I think you are all missing the point...........they are for a little girl's barbie collection. Green Goblin needs a date too.........

;)

I think you're missing the point: There is an audience, and a market, for action figures that look like "a little girl's barbie collection". Maybe not you...but definitely others.

#US1#

Exactly. I don't see anyone around here blowing their top at Superhero Squad.

Hell, I think they're pretty stupid myself. However, one has only to look at the 13" figures that DCD is selling for $60 a pop (very successfully, I might add) to see that there is a market. There's probably a good portion of that market that thinks Marvel Legends are terrible.

Just because YOU think it's dumb doesn't mean that it actually IS. Chances are good that if you think it's dumb, you're not the person they're targeting it to anyway.

Thats exactly what I was gonna say! Mego entusiasts are like we are about ML today, back in the 70's. They balked when Mego tried to go the whole "Kenner route" and produce the 3.75 lines, and if it wasn't for them we would know "jack" about collecting at all (I used to collect Mego's back inna day) but when you keep in mind that the target demographic for the 8" figs is like 35+ our pennies towards ML is kinda insignificant...

Mego Museum-the go to site for all thing Mego

I don't doubt there are guys who like to talk about their toys of the past, but I don't see anyone on the mego site you linked to talking about these new figures or showing any interest in them.