Are there any Alternator fans that collecect Roadbots?

Postalboy

the first series roadbots kinda sucked, but the newer ones kick all kinds of ass.

they are twice to 3 times larger then alternators, and pack a lot more firepower too.

I dont think the plastic is AS strong though on roadbots, but they do have better vehicle modes :P

the first series roadbots kinda sucked, but the newer ones kick all kinds of ass.

they are twice to 3 times larger then alternators, and pack a lot more firepower too.

I dont think the plastic is AS strong though on roadbots, but they do have better vehicle modes :P

Do you have 'em? Or are you speaking more from a design/look standpoint? I'm kind of curious about this too...

I'm definitely gonna pre-order some of them. Hell...I wouldn't mind getting almost all of them, but that's getting rather pricey.

My biggest fear is spending all kinds of money to get these only to find them later on at Big Lots or something like that for $10-$15, I'd be rather pissed.

they are :)

loblaws and superstores have them up here in Canada

we'll probably see them in other stores as well, eventually, they are just starting to make it out here throughout north america

we'll probably see them in other stores as well, eventually, they are just starting to make it out here throughout north america

Well if any of them start to show up at anywhere I know, then I'll get my hopes up. Til then, I'll have to assume they won't be anywhere easy to find, so BBTS or something would probably be the better way to go.

It's too hard, and expensive, to run around searching for figures that I don't know if or where they will ever show up.

Too bad that they can't be sold in regular stores

Someone keeps pointing me to these threads, sorry.

These should show up at mass retail maybe sometime for the end of 2007. Nothing has been confirmed yet but Happywell is in negotiations with several large stores for order.

They will NOT be $10 ANYWHERE in the US. I will guarentee that. If Big lots does carry them, the cheapest they could possibly be is $15 but that is pushing it. Knowing costs and general large retailer markup, I think $17.99 to $19.99 would be a fair bet.

Because Happywell and I work very well together, I have started www.roadbots.com and because of that I will ensure that any large retailer that will be getting these will be posted when I have the info. Happywell is very happy with the push that has been made so far on these and are continuing to develop the line. When there is new stuff to show, www.roadbots.com will have the new information.

There is email available off the roadbots site and any specific questions regarding these will be answered.

Hope that helps with some info.

Spencer.

Good golly...those things LOOK like Alternators!! And they have a Hummer!! WOO-HOO!! I've wanted a Transformer Hummer ever since...well, ever since domestic Hummers came out. (lol)

Seriously, those things look very cool if you're a Transformers fan. I just wonder, as do others, how the quality stacks up against Hasbro's/Takara's stuff. I'm definitely intrigued. They may just have some real competition after many, many years.

My local Superstore has them for around 15 Cdn. Pretty big! Much bigger than the Alternators. Not my cup of tea, especially since I don't even collect the Alts right now.

I've yet to see one :S

Lamborghini Murcielago? WTF! I didn't Lamborghini (like VW) gave out its RIGHTS to war toys. How come crappy roadbots gets the lisence when hasbro didn't. c'mon Sideswipe and Sunstreaker could've been Lamborghini's. Which so happens to be my favorite car. gia...

Volkswagon don't control who Lamborghini lisence their name and logo's out to.

The simplest reason I can think of why Hasbro never did a Lamborghini, is because they just didn't want to.

The simplest reason I can think of why Hasbro never did a Lamborghini, is because they just didn't want to.

Or perhaps Lambo just didn't show much interest at the start and Hasbro just didn't pursue them hard enough. It could be that after trying to get Volkswagon on board and failing that they didn't want to waste their time with companies that had no interest.

I'll give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt on this one. They made this line geared towards collectors and I'm sure they looked into many of the fans requests...and a Lambo was a BIG one! Either Lambo wanted too much or didn't have any interest at the time, I think it's that simple.

Lets face it, Lambo doesn't exactly need the publicity and perhaps the makers of Roadbots simply worked harder to get a licensing deal with them. If Hasbro is to blame I think it would be for not trying hard enough to get the license.

Or perhaps Lambo just didn't show much interest at the start and Hasbro just didn't pursue them hard enough. It could be that after trying to get Volkswagon on board and failing that they didn't want to waste their time with companies that had no interest.

I'll give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt on this one. They made this line geared towards collectors and I'm sure they looked into many of the fans requests...and a Lambo was a BIG one! Either Lambo wanted too much or didn't have any interest at the time, I think it's that simple.

Lets face it, Lambo doesn't exactly need the publicity and perhaps the makers of Roadbots simply worked harder to get a licensing deal with them. If Hasbro is to blame I think it would be for not trying hard enough to get the license.

I thought I remeber at the begining with the whole alternator thing, that VW, Lambo, and Porshe were all partners er..something to that effect and that's why license deals wouldn't work with them. stupid war toy thing. Or I also remebering that some companies were worried that there were too many visual obstructions due to the transforming in car mode and they didn't want their car to look bad. I just know all 3 licenses were seeked out but no luck.

And they prove that you can leave in the die-cast for that price range.

I like the Lambo the most, but hate the color. I plan to either repaint it or wait for a red or black one when it comes out.

And they prove that you can leave in the die-cast for that price range.

I like the Lambo the most, but hate the color. I plan to either repaint it or wait for a red or black one when it comes out.

Other boards have said there are no die cast in these figs, also BBTS makes no mention of metal in his description, only plastic, perhaps agesthreeandup or elias can confirm this? I believe only the first wave or so of road bots that came out a year or so ago had metal.

well with Alternators and binaltech.. you're paying for the name, not just the toy.\

just as hot wheels are more money then other similar diecast 1:64 cars