Pit - in progress and some collection pics

Cmdr_Y

So, I don't think I've ever posted pics of my collection here before. For the past several years everything has been in storage. Recently I've been uncovering these lost treasures and setting them up in my basement. Here are some shots of a custom Pit that I'm making. Currently this is just the shell with a few parts added in. The construction is foamcore board cut to size with the jail and computer center from a 1982 HQ. I'm planning on adding some maps and other accessories. Marauder Inc's new bunks will be added as soon as they can be shipped out to me - John, if you're reading this I plan on getting in touch with you about a few items!

I know it's a little busy - my wife says I have too many Joes set up in it - but that's just for the time being. I basically just really wanted to look at a bunch of Joes!

Also - please notice the special guest star in the Pit - FRO-JOE!

Pit%20Wide.jpg

Some guards outside the pit - defensive stations

Pit%201.jpg

Beginning of the garage area

Pit%202.jpg

This will be the mission room eventually - mission maps on the walls, tables for planning

Pit%203.jpg

Computer center with some commanders blocking your view

Pit%204.jpg

This will actually be the command office but right now some troops are training... or dancing.

Pit%205.jpg

this is going to be split into an armory and bunk area - thank you Marauder Inc for making some bunks!!!!! right now it's just a little bit armory, a little bit hangin' out zone.

Pit%206.jpg

The Jail!

Pit%207.jpg

This is actually the reason for making the Pit - I wanted to have a cool jail in it! In my Joe Verse the real Cobra Commander has actually been held prisoner for a long time. When he gets out he's gonna be mad - real mad!

Pit%208.jpg

These are my favorite troops and the Tomahawk! Don't worry, the blades are just behind the Tomahawk - I didn't put them in as I don't want them sticking out all over the place.

Tomahawk.jpg

oops -- I guess there's a limit on the number of pics we can post. I'll put in a second post in just a sec...

Here are my "originals." These are either the first year's release or the classic versions of figures that I have a newer version of. I really like how they look together. I'd love to get a complete set - I'm missing Zap, Breaker, Scarlet, Stalker, Hawk, Grand Slam, and Short Fuze. Let me know if you can help! :)

Originals%20Left.jpg

Originals%20Right.jpg

Here are my Greenshirts. I've got 4 or 5 sets with one still carded. I made a custom Stalker and Kamakura in Greenshirt versions. Stalker is, of course, the instructor while Kamakura (black mask and helmet) is a squad leader.

GS%20Wideshot.jpg

GS%20Kama%20Stalker.jpg

GS%20Camp.jpg

These are my Dreadnoks. I've actually gotten a Zanzibar since I took these photos:

Dread%20Wide.jpg

That's my custom "Dreadnok Swamp Masher" or basically a Snow Cat repaint. I want to touch up the driver compartment a bit, that's basically how it'll look when done.

Dread%20tight.jpg

Here are my ninja forces - on the left is an all-female ninja group, then my Red Ninjas (led by Sei-Tin and Firefly in Red Ninja Leader disquise, and then my group of Arashikage ninjas being trained by Strom Shadow (DDP custom) and Snake Eyes (also a DDP custom).

Ninja%20Storm.jpg

Most of my favorite Army builders - this just over half of my Crimson Guard, about half of my Black uniform Crimson Guard or just "Cobra Guardsmen" as I call them, most of my Cobra Infantry, and most of my Vipers in various releases... actually I've got 3 more Viper Pits that I haven't opened yet. I really need to get an order into Marauder's for the weapons - seriously, their guns are the best!

army.jpg

Finally here is my Night Watch Squad. I actually call these guys my Fast Urban Combat Troopers or... well the acronym probably isn't safe for these boards... ;)

Anyway, the vehicle is this $10.00 wal-mart thing that was originally yellow. I used some Super Styrene sheets for the windows and then performed some cosmetic surgery and painted it up. I'm actually working on a companion vehicle for it too.

Urban%20Assualt.jpg

Excellent collection! night force fro-joe looks good in there! ;)

i like the dusty with the v2 head looks good that way! do you use him as dusty or another character?

great collection and great display. i dont agree with mixing ARAH and new sculpts but to each his own. :)

TM

Excellent collection! night force fro-joe looks good in there! ;)

i like the dusty with the v2 head looks good that way! do you use him as dusty or another character?

great collection and great display. i dont agree with mixing ARAH and new sculpts but to each his own. :)

TM

I told you that Fro-Joe would be a star of my Joes for a while! :) I really like that figure a lot actually.

The dusty with v2 head is my "Dusty." I wanted something a bit different than just that same camo all the time. Also, I've got him a bit higher up in my command structure than just a trooper, so I wanted a look that went to that.

Thanks! I wouldn't normally mix in too many new sculpts - but I really just had to get some figures on the shelves. I certainly won't ever put too many out there and probably hardly any JvC figures.

Once I get more figures set up I'll most more pics - coming up soon will be my cobra island with airstrip and Terrordrome!

Very cool set up and nice collection you've got there. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Nice pics! Some Marauder furniture should fit in nicely - right now, the room with the jail cell in it looks like a dance hall or something, but maybe some desks will help!

I like the M113 you have with the Greenshirts. I've been thinking of picking one of those up. Looks good with the Joes.

Not bad but th PITT I created was the one from the actualy GI JOE cartoon (the big HQ with the laser in the front)

I made it in woodshop in 87 and it was so big, I had to make into 3 sections. the overall length was about 5 feet long, 2 feet deep and it was 2-3 feet high. inside there were 2 levels and plenty of room to do whatever you wanted. Of couse, I got tons of "what the hell is that supposed to be" from the other kids in the class. I simply told them it was a "coffee table" and they looked at my as if I was buying weed from the other burnout in the class!

thanks everyone for the comments.

Nice pics! Some Marauder furniture should fit in nicely - right now, the room with the jail cell in it looks like a dance hall or something, but maybe some desks will help!

I like the M113 you have with the Greenshirts. I've been thinking of picking one of those up. Looks good with the Joes.

I plan on making a couple of pieces of furniture from foamcore board with patterns printed out from various websites that have cool scale pieces. Fortunately, on the way home yesterday I found 3 of the bunks/locker sets from Power Team. I was going to buy them from Marauder - they really are good there - but these things were about the same price and came with 3 figures each set! It's hard to turn that down. Now I've got a group of generic soldiers that I'm sure the cobras will be ambushing very soon....

The M113 is very cool and perfect for Joes! I was lucky enough to pick up two from a Wal-Mart clearance aisle about two years ago. If I recall correctly they were each $5! I plan on making my second one a UN Peacekeeper vehicle. That way the Joes can sweep in and pull their arses out of the fire when the crap hits the fan. :)

Not bad but th PITT I created was the one from the actualy GI JOE cartoon (the big HQ with the laser in the front)

I made it in woodshop in 87 and it was so big, I had to make into 3 sections. the overall length was about 5 feet long, 2 feet deep and it was 2-3 feet high. inside there were 2 levels and plenty of room to do whatever you wanted. Of couse, I got tons of "what the hell is that supposed to be" from the other kids in the class. I simply told them it was a "coffee table" and they looked at my as if I was buying weed from the other burnout in the class!

it sounds really cool. - do you still have it/can you post pics?

I was a bit limited on the size of this thing by the space available in my basement. As it is I've slated the majority of the space - an entire kitchen table to my Cobra Island set up. I also want to display my Flagg, but I think I will have to create some sort of rolling platform that can be stored under the Cobra Island table in order to make it fit in the basement. Well, that's a ways away yet - maybe next Spring.

thanks everyone for the comments.

I plan on making a couple of pieces of furniture from foamcore board with patterns printed out from various websites that have cool scale pieces. Fortunately, on the way home yesterday I found 3 of the bunks/locker sets from Power Team. I was going to buy them from Marauder - they really are good there - but these things were about the same price and came with 3 figures each set! It's hard to turn that down. Now I've got a group of generic soldiers that I'm sure the cobras will be ambushing very soon....

The M113 is very cool and perfect for Joes! I was lucky enough to pick up two from a Wal-Mart clearance aisle about two years ago. If I recall correctly they were each $5! I plan on making my second one a UN Peacekeeper vehicle. That way the Joes can sweep in and pull their arses out of the fire when the crap hits the fan. :)

it sounds really cool. - do you still have it/can you post pics?

I was a bit limited on the size of this thing by the space available in my basement. As it is I've slated the majority of the space - an entire kitchen table to my Cobra Island set up. I also want to display my Flagg, but I think I will have to create some sort of rolling platform that can be stored under the Cobra Island table in order to make it fit in the basement. Well, that's a ways away yet - maybe next Spring.

No, unfortunetly I dont. I had it in my garage for a couple of years then I had to move it to the backyard due to the lack of room. then when I moved out, it was tossed to the garbage, with much of my 82 and up boxes! :(

but let me tell you, the base was awsome. all it needed was some more paint (so it would match the one in cartoon) and it would have been mint. Once in a while, I think about making another one but I still wont have the room for it!

ahhhhh!! crazy army builders :D awsome stuff!

Yeah, I'm far from being the worst on these boards though!

The army builder figures in that picture are actually just being staged for deployment until I can get my Cobra Island display set up. I'll be using most of them in that set-up. I think I'll keep most of the CG's separate though - maybe I'll leave that shelf for the Crimson Guard Forces entirely. Even though I have quite a few CG's and related stuff I actually don't like them all that much - at least compared to the normal Joe forces. When the black suited CG figures came out I was thrilled because now i have them as my Cobra Guardsmen and the CG's are more of a specialized off-shoot of them rather than the other way around. I only wish that I had thought to pick up more black CG's when I had the chance. As it stands right now I think I have 18 or so.

Here are some more pics:

I was able to find a couple of the Power Team Elite sets, but if I want any more I'll have to order from Maruader's as I cleaned out Big Lots. Anyway, I think these look pretty cool. Those lockers are really cool. I'd like about 3 more to make a whole wall out of them.

PIT%20Armory.JPG

Somehow Fro-Joe has convinced Bombshell to take a look at the new barracks... oh, that Fro-Joe.

PIT%20bunks.JPG

And here are some of my Cobra forces. I've since developed a plan to make more of an actual diorama with this but that will take a long time to construct an island. I'm just entering the planning stages now. In the meantime, here are some shots I quickly took:

As you can see I don't have all that much room considering the size of the Terrordrome and the Raven, but I really wanted to get this stuff out there.

Cobra%20Island.jpg

The lamp will soon be out of there. I need to address the lighting situation in the basement before I can take it out though.

Cobra%20Island%20Wideshot.JPG

Here's the Command Center -- I moved my DDP Storm Shadow over here. Other than that I don't have much in the way of customs - you can see the back of my Cesspool LBC headswap talking to the Crimson Twins and the back of a female cobra trooper talking to the Baroness.

Cobra%20Island%20-%20Command%20Center.JPG

Here are some Regular troops. On the far left you can see Big Boa boxing with a recruit. Then in the middle are a basic infantry sqaud with Scrap Iron. On the right are some BATS deploying.

Cobra%20Island%20-%20Regular%20Troops.JPG

Here's a close-up of the BATS - new ones on the left and old ones on the right. Overkill and Mindbender are performing last minute checks.

Cobra%20Island%20-%20BAT%20Deployment.JPG

Ripcord's been captured! This is a little tribute to the comic arc where Ripcord was captured, but managed to break free and then pretend to be Zartan pretending to be Ripcord... oh, the hijinks!

On the left is a DDP style custom Firefly.

Cobra%20Island%20-%20Jail%20Cell.JPG

close up of my Viper sqaud! In the middle there is my custom Viper Commander figure. The viper on the left there - the one with the broken hand is actually a repaint - those are really Mindbender V2 legs with I think it was the sound attack Viper torso. I got both from a lot of spare parts and made myself a nearly whole Viper out of them.

Cobra%20Island%20Vipers%201.jpg

Aerial shot - you can see that I have just a few of the V1 vipers in the front followed up by the new Viper Pit Vipers. I actually have seven V1 vipers, but one is "out sick" on my work bench with a loose leg during this picture. Don't worry, he's feeling better now.

Cobra%20Island%20Vipers%202.jpg

Finally, here are some shots of a Raven getting repaired.

Cobra%20Island%20-%20Raven%20Maintenance.jPG

As Commander of the Cobra Air Forces, Wild Weasel is making a person inspection of the repairs to this Raven.

Cobra%20Island%20Raven.jpg

Great pics!

Thanks for the comments fellas.

I think next up will be my Crimson Guard team. It will probably just be one shelf on a bookcase, but we'll see how well they fit on there. I might have to line them up to get them to fit. :)