Marvel Legends Showdown

x-man-2005

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there has been any word to whether or not Hasbro will bee continuing the Marvel Legends Showdown line. I really liked these figures especially the 4 inch scale. I really hope hasbro continues this line because I really want a 4 inch rogue and storm.

• 1 month later...

Thats really to bad. I dont know what I was thinking when these started hitting, but I just passed them up. I figured they were just poor excuses for legends and ignored them. Yesterday I went to Target and they were clearanced for 1.97 each, so I figured id pick up a doom for a custom joe. Oh man, I opened him and had to go back an snag the rest. I managed to get all of series 1 and 2 then today had to hit TRU for a few series 3 and 4 (no Thor, bummer but ebay here I come...lol). These guys are great, I actually like them a little better then the legends line. They look perfect next to my microman figs and the sentinal looks great with them. Figures I find a series I love and its over...lol. Why they never did that mole man or namor for the 6" is beyond me. Maybe Hasbro will pick up the line and continue it, id' love to see a few more figs done . They can drop the stupid game, I dont get that at all, just make some more 3 3/4 super articulated super heroes. Man this is the line I dreamed about as a kid, and I almost passed it up. Oh and micro bats looks very cool with them.

I doubt it. They weren't the heaviest of sellers around here. In fact most places hardly ever saw new waves of them on the shelves because of too much stuff from Wave 1 clogging the shelves. The thing was they were priced right around that of Legends, so most people passed on them until now because of clearance.

I picked a Silver Surfer also to pose w/ my Galactus...I was really disappointed with the quality of the fig...the paint application was shotty at best and the overall build of the figure came across as cheap (i.e. plastic felt like it would break,all the joints were loose)...I did not think it was worth the price I paid for it...I believe if the quality/marketing of the figure was better, it would have sold better...I was really looking forward to a cool Capt America figure, but the showdown Capt was just awful looking...if you got any showdown on clearance, awesome...if not I would not pay regular price...

Ah well, that sucks. I didn't think these would be continuing. They clogged the shelves like nothin' else. TRU had a massive collection of Human Torch ones for a long time (still are a couple there). Ah well. They made some pretty important (for me) ones so I'm happy. All I want out of the last wave(s) is Cyclops and Venom.

yup, plus if wave 1 reaction is worth anything you wouldn't like the changes there would be to these & belive me there would be changes!

ROFL, Hasbro would probably take away all the "game" related stuff to it and charge a extra $2 for them :P

I picked a Silver Surfer also to pose w/ my Galactus...I was really disappointed with the quality of the fig...the paint application was shotty at best and the overall build of the figure came across as cheap (i.e. plastic felt like it would break,all the joints were loose)...I did not think it was worth the price I paid for it...I believe if the quality/marketing of the figure was better, it would have sold better...I was really looking forward to a cool Capt America figure, but the showdown Capt was just awful looking...if you got any showdown on clearance, awesome...if not I would not pay regular price...

Heh, the quality actually seems better on mine then most legends. I really think it depends on the fig, because I have no problems with any of mine except cap, his paint is a little off. I dont have Surfer so I can say about him. Typical toybiz with a lack of consistancy. I have to agree that the price probally helped me decide not to buy them in the first place. 8.00 for a 3 3/4 was to high, 2 bucks is perfect...lol.

I'm trying to get my mitts on a Namor and Thor from this line--and maybe a Mr. Fantastic and Sue Storm as well.

Hasbro's NOT officially said they will NOT be continuing the line, just that they have no plans to at this time......though that usually means the former.

Its a pity though, despite the game, I really liked the figures and wish the line would continue in some form.

Guest DavAnthony

I liked this line although it was ridiculously over-priced, although you still got more bang for your buck then you do with Star Wars and they are at about the same price now.

I think the line was drastically improving but I had figured this line would get canned when Hasbro "acquired" the license. They don't seem to want any other 3.75" product out there except for Star Wars. I wonder if they don't want anything to interefere with the sales of that line?

Point in case, they cancelled the 3.75" Joes, Marvel Showdown and although they have the license to Battlestar Galactica haven't done anything for that line either and can't seem to commit one way or the other as to their plans.

You would think with all of the moaning about oil prices from the toy companies they would go to 3.75" scale before schrinking down figures to 5" (Hasbro's Marvel Heroes rehash line,Spiderman 3 toys and Mattel's Batman and Superman movie lines).

I really wish if Hasbro wasn't going to do a service to certain lines they drop the contract (like DC for instance...thank God they don't have that license anymore or we'd still be getting Batman with 5 points of articulation).

I'd expect ML Showdown to stay dead.

HERE'S HOPING THAT MARVEL WILL NOW ALLOW TAKARA TO MAKE SOME SPIDER-MAN MICROMAN FIGURES!!!!

Anyone who owns or has handled a Microman I know won't disagree with me on that.

That!!! is a very good point!! I wonder if we will get any other marvel type stuff made by takarawhatever now :) Heck knows I'd buy about any microman marvel stuff they would put out as well :P

HERE'S HOPING THAT MARVEL WILL NOW ALLOW TAKARA TO MAKE SOME SPIDER-MAN MICROMAN FIGURES!!!!

Anyone who owns or has handled a Microman I know won't disagree with me on that.

That!!! is a very good point!! I wonder if we will get any other marvel type stuff made by takarawhatever now :) Heck knows I'd buy about any microman marvel stuff they would put out as well :P

Unfortunatly I think Microman is over as well. The merger with Tomy seems to have killed it as well as Zoids.

Unfortunatly I think Microman is over as well. The merger with Tomy seems to have killed it as well as Zoids.

Really? Where did you hear that?

Oh nevermind, I was just browsing microforever.com and saw the sad news.

There is rumor in Japan among collectors that Microman series is finished. Mellowlink and bike set is suppose to be the "last" item plan by Takara. However, there is some rumor that "Takara-Tomy" might be planning new series coming up in April.

Rumor in Japan. everyone feels Microman will finish. I agree with them.

The next toy event is Wonder Festival 2007 Winter in February.

courtesy: microforever.com NEWS

This rumor news SUCKS!Microman is awesome!!I'm bummed to hear this because I love their products (especially the Micro Action Series figures such as AvP, Batman Begins, Superman, etc.)

I hope the rumors are unfounded and Microman is just getting some shake-up from the merger.

Really? Where did you hear that?

Oh nevermind, I was just browsing microforever.com and saw the sad news.

There is rumor in Japan among collectors that Microman series is finished. Mellowlink and bike set is suppose to be the "last" item plan by Takara. However, there is some rumor that "Takara-Tomy" might be planning new series coming up in April.

Rumor in Japan. everyone feels Microman will finish. I agree with them.

The next toy event is Wonder Festival 2007 Winter in February.

courtesy: microforever.com NEWS

This rumor news SUCKS!Microman is awesome!!I'm bummed to hear this because I love their products (especially the Micro Action Series figures such as AvP, Batman Begins, Superman, etc.)

I hope the rumors are unfounded and Microman is just getting some shake-up from the merger.

I hear you, ive been collecting microman for over 10 yrs. While I didnt like all of the newer stuff they definatly made some great items. We have actually been talking about this for some time over at the zoid forums . Seems Zoids and Microman are the bastard children of tomy and takara. But really, I suppose I would rather see the series end then get dragged into the mud like Zoids, the later releases of this toyline are pretty bad compared to a few years ago. with the Micros it would be ending pretty much on top, I cant complain about that.

I'd love to see these continue. The whole reason I started collecting these was 'cause takara couldn't make the marvel stuff.

Could you imagine a super-articulated spider man made by takara? Would've been too cool.

And now micro-man is done too? That just sucks!

Silver Surfer with the BAF Galactus IS a perfect pair. Much better scale match.

I got th berserker logan and the logan with the bike. Biker logan's legs were better, so I switched them over and cut off berserker's claws, instead heating and pushing three clothes pins into each fist. He looks pretty cool.

I also own the new Thor, which pretty much rocks but will need a cloth cape. I managed to hunt down a magneto/colossus pack on eBay for a reasonable (ie extortionate but not TOO extortionate) price.

I like these figures a lot. It's a shame there won't be any more considering the line showed such promise :(