True Gritt Customs - Update -

Guest DavAnthony

Guest DavAnthony

Here is a new update. I'm finally starting to get through some of the customs I've either had done for the last few months or ones that just didn't seem finished. I will have an update at the site in a couple of weeks, but since I have so little time these days I have to do it bit by bit. I'm also still stumbing though a new web program I've been using. Anyway any questions post away.

Thanks for looking

Dave

http://www.loserville.us/~truegrittcustoms/

Mercer:

mercer.JPG

mercer2.JPG

mercer3.JPG

mercer4.JPG

Mutt:

mutt.JPG

mutt2.JPG

mutt3.JPG

mutt4.JPG

mutt5.JPG

mutt6.JPG

Recondo:

recondonew.JPG

recondonew2.JPG

recondonew3.JPG

recondonew4.JPG

Buzzer:

buzzer.JPG

buzzer2.JPG

buzzer3.JPG

buzzer4cut.JPG

buzzer5.JPG

Dave, very very cool! They all look super.

your customs are always great. That Mercer is played by t-100! lol. looks like robert stack ( i beleive) He is clearly the best out of all them but each is superb.

You really make your figs look like factory produced masterpeices.

Guest DavAnthony

DPrime

Thanks, yeah working for a toy company would be a pretty sweat job to say the least.

cobrasaboteur

Thank you that's a nice compliment. I think there is alot of potential with new sculpt joes unfortunately the execution was lacking at times. So I could see how many were turned off.

xhairs

Thanks buddy, I like Mercer the most out of this wave also, although there are things about each of them I was happy with. I was never able to get RAH parts to look "modern" when I thought of using them before but the parts for Buzzer were really nicely detailed and they just fit perfectly so that figure ended up being the first modern sculpt GiJoe custom that I made using RAH parts

falcon7

Thanks, hey I'm for hire if Hasbro is reading :)

code red shockwave

Thank you and thanks for the comments

CynicForever

Thanks, it took me awhile to feel they were up for photographing but I finally found the things that were bugging me and was able to finish them up.

Leonardo T Dragon

Thanks, I was disapointed with the DTC Mutt also. Alot of DTC I was pretty happy with and it seemed we were finally getting figures that "felt" like the characters, Mutt was definately an exception for me. Mercer I thought I was going to be least happiest with, but a few alterations here and there and he has definatley moved up as one of my own personal favorites.

blaster_e11

Thank you, I had also tried to give Mutt's vest a leather look, which I think kinda/sorta comes across in the pictures.

BrotherShane

Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing some new stuff from you soon.

gscbr

Thanks man I'm glad you like them

Topes

ha ha, that line reminded me of anchor man when Chris Parnell says " I hate you Ron Burgundy" anyway I'm glad that you like the figures.

revSears

Ah very close, the actor's name is actually Robert Patrick but that was who I was going with when making Mercer. I don't usually base my customs on celebrities or actors, but there was something about his look in Terminator 2 and in the X-Files that felt alot like Mercer.

zweiman

Thank you, I was thinking about getting a junkyard in that picture but I couldn't find one that I liked. I may use the one that came with the DTC but I'd have to paint it and I'm not sure if that is the way I want to go yet. I'm even playing around with the idea of making a poseable Junkyard but that is probably a little ways off.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to comment

Dave

Guest DavAnthony

SKARAPZ

Thanks and I love the avatar of Serpentor. He has always been one of my favorite Cobra characters and I've been gathering information on a custom and coming with ideas for a looooooong time.

Cobra Command

Thank you very much for the compliment, I appreciate it.

Dave

Guest DavAnthony

Thanks PhoenixSword, I felt the same way about some of the offerings.

Also

I Updated the site wth the parts list for these figures and the usual commentary that I do as far as what went into making the figure and what I was going for.

Since I was finally able to get some pictures I liked, I also added my Gung Ho from a couple of months ago.

http://www.loserville.us/~truegrittcustoms/

Thanks again and enjoy

Dave