Cobra Viper Pit at TRU

Phanstar

Went to Toys R Us yesterday to get some stuff for my daughters christmas and birthday. Found a whole row of Cobra Viper packs. Bought 2 of them, each with a five dollar off coupon. I'm a happy Dad. :)

Phanstar

They came in the mail because my kids are part of Geoffrey's Bday club. Every year they send me like a 1 dollar gift card per kid and a 5 dollar off a 25 dollar purchase or more coupon per kid.

Somehow this year I got 3. When I used the one for the plauge troopers, The girl said to me I couldnt use it because the Joes were only 24.99, and not 25.00. I stared at her blankly and asked "are you serious?" and she did something on the computer and made it go through. Yesterday when I bought my vipers the girl called a manager and the manager made me buy a .38 cent Support our troops magent with each one to push it over the 25.00 mark.

Phanstar

the manager made me buy a .38 cent Support our troops magent with each one to push it over the 25.00 mark.

Phanstar

LOL! @loll@ @loll@ thats some funny sh@t!

i'll be checking my tru this morning! :)

TM

I got three packs from BIGBadToystore a while back....

Ehhh, I opened one and was kinda unimpressed.

So I probably wont be stocking up on these like I initially thought I would.

Plus $25 for a six pack really hurts the wallet these days. Not to mention tax, it'll be like $27 total.

Plus $25 for a six pack really hurts the wallet these days. Not to mention tax, it'll be like $27 total.

has anyone reviewed this viper pack yet???

TM

has anyone reviewed this viper pack yet???

TM

Yes...

http://www.joebattlelines.com/reviews/toys/dtc/viperpit.htm

and

http://www.generalsjoes.com/reviews/2006/d...ks/viperpit.htm

I agree with the review to a certain point. IMHO the Viper Pit six pac is still a good buy. We all know that we can't count on Hasbro for everything. Think about the Crimsom Shadow Guards, talking about terrible weapons, you would have thought they were Ninjas. The choice of weapons with the exception of the SMG and SAW was a poor choice but they are still an excellent buy. Everything doesn't have to be the same as it was in the past. Some change is good. I like them. I have 5 sets now and I am thinking about getting some more.

Hell, I'm still waiting for the Plague pack to appear. I've got 2 TRUs in town. The closer one (thankfully) actually stocks 3" stuff.

I'm hoping that it is just a matter of waiting until the post-Thanksgiving shopping rush to get them in.

And look on the bright side, if the gear sucks as with the Crimson Shadow Guard, most collectors have a ton of extra weapons from other figures lying around or there are the Marauder weapons.

Man we don't have a damn TRU here in New mexico. man I miss chicago!

Where in New Mexico are you? I know the one in Las Cruces closed last year, which sucked, but I ended up moving to Albuquerque, so it worked out I guess.

Dawg I just moved out here to Farmington my man. I know it's not the hood og Chicago but the work in the oil fields pays great.

Man we don't have a damn TRU here in New mexico. man I miss chicago!

Where in New Mexico are you? I know the one in Las Cruces closed last year, which sucked, but I ended up moving to Albuquerque, so it worked out I guess.

Dawg I just moved out here to Farmington my man. I know it's not the hood og Chicago but the work in the oil fields pays great.

Ah, yeah, Farmington is pretty small.

I have to agree... While this set is not perfect... it is still a VERY good buy.

The weapons actually dont bother me at all. I think the Rifles look just fine even in comparison to my V1 Vipers standing next to them. My biggest complaint is that the legs dont fit right into the waist piece, making a severe crotch damage risk, and restricting poseability.

But still I mean quit your crying. 30 bucks for 6 vipers is still a fabulous deal.

Phanstar

Guest McBragg

heard about breakage issues with the Viper Pit. and tight o-rings and just general disappointment with the figures. another bittersweet vintage mold 6-pack. Business as usual? @smilepunch@