FF cartoon pulled....what about the figures?

Kvan

Hey all, I just heard that Cartoon Network pulled the show. Something like 7 of the 26 episodes were aired. My question is are the figures going to be pulled also? I kinda wanted to see that animated Hulk in me collection. What does everyone think?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l think it is like how CN pulled one of the tf series; it may be pulled now, but the show may return later on, like 5 or 6 o clock in the morning. LOL

Same with He-Man! What I wanna know is? How are they gonna introduce a new show...not promote it and expect it to get ratings? Teen Titans was forced down our throats withall those promo adds JLU was hawked ad nauseum, and stuf like He-man and FF are just "Hey! new show! bet you can't find it in the line up?!" If it wan't for Adult Swim I wouldn't even watch CN anymore...Almost as bad as MTV! Except instead of them showing more reality Tv shows they're showing Anime...Instead of not showing licensed footage, they're pushing the original stuff!

The show was pretty bad... I don't think the toys willl go on...

l think it is like how CN pulled one of the tf series; it may be pulled now, but the show may return later on, like 5 or 6 o clock in the morning. LOL

Same with He-Man! What I wanna know is? How are they gonna introduce a new show...not promote it and expect it to get ratings? Teen Titans was forced down our throats withall those promo adds JLU was hawked ad nauseum, and stuf like He-man and FF are just "Hey! new show! bet you can't find it in the line up?!" If it wan't for Adult Swim I wouldn't even watch CN anymore...Almost as bad as MTV! Except instead of them showing more reality Tv shows they're showing Anime...Instead of not showing licensed footage, they're pushing the original stuff!

If the show cannot get commercial sponsors, then the network isn't going to promote it--its just that simple.

JLU had the clout of Time Warner behind it, and a whole lot of sponsoring companies like to fall in behind them.

I'm working on a show right now for Fox Kids that's........well, we just came off a 6 week hiatus so the client could either catch up or re-think things------and the script I've got on my desk says nothings changed. The show is being broadcast now too, which says that the deal struck for this thing was done by some crazy twit, the lead time was only 4 months, when it needs to be 6-8. The product is suffering because of it too, imo. The Fantastic Four series could have had the same troubles--as its a pretty common occurance in the TV animation biz.

Like many shows, it comes and it goes.......and not many even know of it.

If the show cannot get commercial sponsors, then the network isn't going to promote it--its just that simple.

JLU had the clout of Time Warner behind it, and a whole lot of sponsoring companies like to fall in behind them.

I'm pretty sure the fact that Warner owns DC and CN has something to do with it as well. Obviously, they are willing to work with properties and companies they don't exclusively own, but I seriously doubt the support will ever compare to the things they own completely.

Straight up, the show sucked! It tried to be too funny & not enough action, and WTF was up with spray painting a 4 on Thing's chest? Did the genious behind that idea think it would be kewl?

IMO, the 2nd season of the 90s FF cartoon was & still is the best FF cartoon ever!

Straight up, the show sucked! It tried to be too funny & not enough action, and WTF was up with spray painting a 4 on Thing's chest? Did the genious behind that idea think it would be kewl?

IMO, the 2nd season of the 90s FF cartoon was & still is the best FF cartoon ever!

I prefer the Hanna-Barbera series from the 60's. I'd love to find a DVD compiling the series.

Absolutely, I caught only one episode and was glad that was all I saw, it was quite crappy. Second season of the FF '90s cartoon was great, certainly better than the first season by far. I liked the '60s FF series as well, but the '90s were just my decade :P...what can I say.

I'm working on a show right now for Fox Kids that's........well, we just came off a 6 week hiatus so the client could either catch up or re-think things------and the script I've got on my desk says nothings changed. The show is being broadcast now too, which says that the deal struck for this thing was done by some crazy twit, the lead time was only 4 months, when it needs to be 6-8. The product is suffering because of it too, imo. The Fantastic Four series could have had the same troubles--as its a pretty common occurance in the TV animation biz.

Like many shows, it comes and it goes.......and not many even know of it.

Is it that pinata cartoon or the winx club? Those are the only two cartoons I can think of that is on Fox Kids

Is that a joke saying cool like "kewl" comparing the two?.. I really can't tell... if you are actaully typing cool as kewl then just ignore this @smilepunch@ @loll@

I'm pissed fox kids didn't give Funky Cops a good run...sure there were suggestive themes, parodies that would be over children's head, and not a single female character under a DD cup?! If any show should get optioned by Adult Swim that would be it...

Funky_cops.jpg

In other news, I suggested that they (ie.Marvel) create an anthology show, much like Tales from the Crypt! Every week features a different character, much like the books did. Only problem would be the different studios wanting to preserve the rights of their properties; SONY/Spiderman, FOX/X-men etc...

So how is this cartoon? I just picked up the JLU season 1 on dvd. It is excellent. Hoe does this new FF cartoon compare to JLU?

JLU is way better. Actually, you can't even compare the two don't even think about the two at the same time. lol

There was something about that show...everytime I watched it, no mattter what time of day it was, I fell asleep!

I'm not joking! The funny thing is, I didn't find the show to be too bad, or boring...a tad weird, but still interesting.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the color schemes - all those bright, pastel colors flashing on and off...or maybe the dull, monotone voices..?

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it...but it wasn't boring!!!

@loll@

Don't know what the status of the cartoon is other then it wasn't on this past Sat, but CN has a bad habit of shifting things around. Its pretty much been said though that the toys being released was gonna be based on how the show did, so if it was canceled then I believe the same can be said about the toys.

Is that a joke saying cool like "kewl" comparing the two?.. I really can't tell... if you are actaully typing cool as kewl then just ignore this @smilepunch@ @loll@

The latter Synch, the latter.

I'll be glad if the toys get canned. I hated the look of the show and the figures would be pegwarmers. Retail is turned off enough to FF after Toybiz overdid the movie figures and the last thing we need is another related line to bomb before the second movie comes along.

I never got a chance to check it out because I forgot it was gonna be on and no commercials reminded me of it

Same here....ah well.