Hasbro Marvel Legend Packaged Pics

JayC

I like the new packaging. I really hated the clamshell packagin toy biz used. On more then one occasion I have cut myself on the sharp rigid plastic of those clamshell packages after having had to cut them open with sicisors.

That being said the only problem I could forsee with this new packaging is that with it being easier to open, I can see people opening them and stealing the Build a figure parts out and leaving the rest behind.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno...I'm used to the old ML packaging and I really think this first wave blows. If those are the real things...I don't know if I'll be picking up where Hasbro starts.

Nuff Said

the packing is nice looking but it looks like it costs them more $ just to fancy it up a bit. i'd rather them reduce the cost of the figure and give us blander packing.

as far as the first wave of figs.....i agree, i think they blow. PH has an ugly face and his armor detail (except for the helmet/shield) are lacking in detail. emma is just plain ol'fugly...not the emma i know from the comics. Herc is way too anime looking. the others arent nothing special eaither. now the 2nd wave protos we saw looked much better than this wave so i'll give hasbro a couple waves to work out the bugs.

That being said the only problem I could forsee with this new packaging is that with it being easier to open, I can see people opening them and stealing the Build a figure parts out and leaving the rest behind.

That’s a good point, I wonder if that thought has popped into Hasbro’s mind?

My ML collecting days are now oficially over.

I agree :o

You all say that now, but for some reason I think once you see them in stores you'll end up picking up a few of them. :P

I like the new packaging. I really hated the clamshell packagin toy biz used. On more then one occasion I have cut myself on the sharp rigid plastic of those clamshell packages after having had to cut them open with sicisors.

I've never had that problem with any toy... I'd suggest switching from what you are using to a good knife :P you just slip it in one side and go all the way around and then pull out the plastic tray inside... works well with any packaging really :)

I think the figures themselves look much much better than the original prototype pics we saw. Great improvement. As for the packaging, I think it looks nice. I don't really care either way. I am collecting the figure, not the package it comes in. My only worry would be theft of the BAF part.

I think the new packaging looks pretty good. I'm not one of those who make a big deal out of that anyway so it's all good. With Hasbro you can probably expect that every so often the packaging will change, so this new packaging won't be around forever.

I see a lot of people hating Emma, with the exception of the fact that it kinda looks like she's wearing a diaper, I think she looks better than most of the female characters that Toybiz has put out. And a lot of people never cared for the female figs from Toybiz either.

@hmmm@ What do people expect anyway...the figure to be 5'7ish with synthetic skin, anatomically correct in every way, and an AI that is programmed to only like every little thing in the world that her owner does??? :rolleyes:

Well...I'm sure some wackos are working on that as we speak, but anyway...my point is...they're good enough.

All I'm hoping for out of Hasbro, is some better figure selection and better quality. I don't want to take figs out and find several areas that are in need of fixing, especially oddly bent arms and legs.

Give me that and I'll be a happy camper.

I think the new packaging looks pretty good. I'm not one of those who make a big deal out of that anyway so it's all good. With Hasbro you can probably expect that every so often the packaging will change, so this new packaging won't be around forever.

I see a lot of people hating Emma, with the exception of the fact that it kinda looks like she's wearing a diaper, I think she looks better than most of the female characters that Toybiz has put out. And a lot of people never cared for the female figs from Toybiz either.

@hmmm@ What do people expect anyway...the figure to be 5'7ish with synthetic skin, anatomically correct in every way, and an AI that is programmed to only like every little thing in the world that her owner does??? :rolleyes:

Well...I'm sure some wackos are working on that as we speak, but anyway...my point is...they're good enough.

All I'm hoping for out of Hasbro, is some better figure selection and better quality. I don't want to take figs out and find several areas that are in need of fixing, especially oddly bent arms and legs.

Give me that and I'll be a happy camper.

Thank you! Finally someone gets what I have been saying about Emma. I swear some of you guys act like you need her to well......... you know....... get down @smilepunch@

Draven

I agree JayC...Im not a big fan of the Toybiz clamshell...I just cut myself the other day opening Psylocke...I also must say..I was getting a little feed up with the comic, I know they add a little more to the figure..But the comics just add more crap I need to house...

Thank you! Finally someone gets what I have been saying about Emma. I swear some of you guys act like you need her to well......... you know....... get down @smilepunch@

Draven

Well I agree what your saying and I do like the figure...I think she need to be a little more sexier..simliar to the MS version...But she is not that bad...She'll get done right, whoops I mean she'll find a happy home here...

I just think we need to give it some time and see these figures first hand before passing too much judgement. None of us know what the extent of changes there will be.

If the joints are better, body parts not awkwardly bent, less reports of pieces breaking off, no loose BAF parts, paint apps get better etc...etc...then how would anyone really be able to complain?

Now don't get me wrong, I like Toybiz figs, but the QC could have been TONS better. I know Hasbro is certainly not perfect, but I would be disappointed if the figures suffered from as many of the same flaws that are currently found.

I kinda see this as a transitional period. I think as time goes on Hasbro will hopefully start to improve it.

as much as I hate to say this.......we all should buy a few even if we hate them....id hate for this first wave to not sell and then stores decide to stop selling the line because they did not sell. ML is kinda on thin ice and if these dont make money then they could end up like the FF line...... so I guess we should pick up a few just help ensure that the line is able to continue and become better than what it is....Id hate to see this line die.

Guest DavAnthony

Why is ML on thin ice? It is one of if not the most successful lines in the last decade. If you dont' like the figure don't buy them. This oh you need to buy the figures inorder for the line to continue is crud.

People pulled the same thing with Sigma Six, when Hasbro deep-sixed the 3.75 guys. Hasbro stated and people agreed that "if you want to see more 3.75 joes then you need to buy Sigma Six". Well according to Hasbro Sigma Six is a "hot seller" (which I'm still not buying) and the 3.75 Joes were flushed so that line of thinking is bull.

If you buy a piece of junk it will only reinforce to those companies that they don't need to put in as much effort the next go around.

S6 is a big seller around my parts. The big ones anyway. As far as ML on thin ice, nope man, its one of the most succesful boys line the last decade like Dav said. See we do see eye to eye on some parts Dav! @loll@

Draven

the characters...crap

the paintjobs...crap

the BAF...crap

the packaging? ULTRA CRAP

PASS! My ML collecting will be over.

I'm gonna remember you blight, so when waves 3-4-5-6 of Hasbro Legends comes out in 07 with awesome characters, including some never before made as figures, I can see you here saying how awesome they are & how you're back in the game!

How soon people forget that waves 1& 2 of ML wasn't exactly a great wave either. IMO, Hulk & Toad were crap figures! Yet Cap & IM were awesome.In Wave 2, Namor & Dr Doom were OK, while Torch & Thing were not. IMO, we still haven't gotten the definitive Human Torch or Thing figures for that matter! So the 1st 2 were 50/50. I feel the same way about wave 1 of the Annihilus wave, Herc, Banshee & Ultimate IM are my favs, Emma, Beast, & planet Hulk , my least.

But I'm still gonna get the whole wave, not only to get the BAF, but to support the line! If we don't do that for the initial 2-4 waves , then this line might sink & there goes any chance of us ever getting some of our most requested figures that have yet to be made.

I'm sure Hasbro is doing it's best to continue the ML line & will only get better, so let's support them & stop bashing the figures till they at least hit the pegs & we can physically see them in person. Heck, ML wave 11 wasn't exactly a winner you know!

Remember blight, I'll be looking for you.

Guest DavAnthony

S6 is a big seller around my parts. The big ones anyway. As far as ML on thin ice, nope man, its one of the most succesful boys line the last decade like Dav said. See we do see eye to eye on some parts Dav! @loll@

Draven

Yes indeedey we do :)

I'm down, I can't give up ML, it's still too good. Sure this wave may suck, but it'll get better, and it could have been much worse.

Pro- I'll finally be able to buy ML figures at my own leisure. No more buying an entire wave becuase I'm too scared that I'll never see it again.

Pro- Better quality control. Just bought Luke Cage and he has brown paint all over the back of his pants. Doesn't make sense, only his hands, face, and chest are painted brown, why would brown paints smudge all over his ass. Makes it look like he crapped himself. For the most part no more 2 left feet or missing cables (maestro).

Con- No comics? Not even a mini comic? It wasn't about collecting the comics, it was about reading them. If you didn't want them cluttering just throw them out. Some of the comics were awful, but for every awful comic there was a figure that had a decent or amazing one that totally got me into the character. Also great for kids or toy enthusiasts who don't read comics. In fact this was a COMIC toy line, there's really no backing to the line anymore without them. Which is probably why they're putting in a bunch of movie characters. I wouldn't miss their absence if they were cheaper, but I keep hearing these awful rumors that they'll cost more and have less articulation. Wouldn't mind that if the baf was huge but it seems to be the smallest baf so far. Oh well.

the characters...crap

the paintjobs...crap

the BAF...crap

the packaging? ULTRA CRAP

PASS! My ML collecting will be over.

Amen 2 that! @hmmm@