DO you guys have a TOY Store in your city?

Deathlok2001

Hmm, I guess I do too...if I'm desperate and am willing to pay quite a bit for an old ML figure, I've gone to a shop called Eplanet toys.

Yep, I have one and in a town of about 5000 people too.

Vancouver has a population of about 1 million and it has about 6-8 such stores.

Dude, Edmonton has a pop of 1 mil, vancouver is about 3-4 mil.

Technically. . no.

There's Metroplis, as you pointed out Deathlok. But that's in Edmonton proper, and I'm in Sherwood Park. But rightly, it's pretty close to me anyway. Never been there, and don't plan to ever bother. Their prices on Marvel Legends figures suck.

I used to have quite a few. Nowadays they've all turned into different stores. Still, recently I found one...still no Marvel figures in there though. :(

Technically. . no.

There's Metroplis, as you pointed out Deathlok. But that's in Edmonton proper, and I'm in Sherwood Park. But rightly, it's pretty close to me anyway. Never been there, and don't plan to ever bother. Their prices on Marvel Legends figures suck.

Well, he IS a toy store. And you have to have high prices ( on some items) because when a person walks into your store & asks for a variant, you should have it in stock. Knowing this, you cant give away your product for nothing! Its a business. And everytime you sell a variant, you MUST bump up the price based on:

demand

how much it will cost to replace the item

Check out his boxing day sales. He does have good prices on other items.

there are a few but they are not even worth it. they charge way too much for items (ie; vengenace ml for 25.00 when they were in tru ts for 4.90). i could look online for 10 mins and find cheaper prices. i say down with the comic stores.

I probably have one of the best one's in the state (no lie) it has won the states comic book store of the year for like 5 years in a row

Check it out:

Tate's

Jesus Christ! NOW thats a comic store!

woohoo

Well, he IS a toy store. And you have to have high prices ( on some items) because when a person walks into your store & asks for a variant, you should have it in stock. Knowing this, you cant give away your product for nothing! Its a business. And everytime you sell a variant, you MUST bump up the price based on:

That's absurd.

He IS a toy store. Toys R' Us is a toy store as well, and they don't sell ML figures for 30 dollars as a relatively 'standard' price point. And no, when a person walks into your store and asks for a variant, you don't -have- to have it in stock. You have in stock, whatever you have in stock. Do you walk into a store expecting them to always have everything you want? No. The world isn't that kind.

And I'm not saying give away product for nothing. I'm saying sell your items for fair prices, or you can seriously kiss my ass, because that's as close to my wallet as you're ever going to get. I don't respect ANY store that sells any ML figure for 100 dollars. That's scalper prices. Half of the figures he has on his site I can get for half the price, including shipping, on eBay. He's scalping MLs, in my opinion. Truly, if he were selling really old, rare ML figures for those prices, I'd say okay -- he's probably just trying to make a return because he paid a lot to get the figure into his store. But he has a lot of figures that -aren't- hard to find, for ridiculous prices. In my opinion, he's a scalper or close to it.

You want to shop there, go ahead man. I'm not saying you shouldn't. I'm just saying -I- don't shop anywhere that feels obliged to have prices like that.

Guest Steve Rogers

I probably have one of the best one's in the state (no lie) it has won the states comic book store of the year for like 5 years in a row

Check it out:

Tate's

After checking out that site I might just have to make a road trip.

It's only 500 miles.....

Nothing but an anime store thats mosty a sk8er store now. Moved outa my little down to the next one over (not far at all) but they rarely get toys anymore. They cater to some of my import needs with some real nice prices (very fair when compared to other stores like it) but there are no actual toy stores that get all the standards in.

It would be cool to have a regular place to go and check the new stuff. I sorta do, but they are both kinda far away (at least enough so that I don't wana go there very often). If I knew how and had the cash I'd like to just open one myself someday. Ah, but that's what dreams are for, eh?

Check it out:

Tate's

After checking out that site I might just have to make a road trip.

It's only 500 miles.....

I would save that under your favorites and wait cause every year they have like a yearly and halloween sale and have ridiculous sales. Keep checking every once in a while cause they are worth it I bout $300 worth of stuff last sale for only $160

No.

Bastards.

2nd that! Just a LCS which thankfully can get in most things for me how ever its not really that great compared to most its tiny! & only really orders in stuff if I ask him for it :S I don't even have a TRU thats not 2 -3 hours away :D

No.

Bastards.

2nd that! Just a LCS which thankfully can get in most things for me how ever its not really that great compared to most its tiny! & only really orders in stuff if I ask him for it :S I don't even have a TRU thats not 2 -3 hours away :D

Chilliwack is only 45 minutes from Langley Town Centre and the TRU at Willowbrook mall. The TRU in Bellingham is 30 minutes from Aldergrove--about 35-40 from Sumas iirc. If you take the Aldergrove border crossing the road you are on ( 264th street on the Canadian Side) takes you right to it and the Walmart outside of Bellis Fair.