ML14 - All international orders cancelled!

Deathlok2001

From Steve@Legends over on Froosh...

didn't wanna break this news until it was confirmed to me by Grand which is the Canadian distributor for ToyBiz products but,...unfortunately, I've received confirmation today. This is the first place I'm mentioning it, we are working on an e-mail to forward to all those of you who pre-ordered from us. You should receive that e-mail in the next few days and we will be taking the products involved off of our website in the coming days. From what I was told, the following products are NOT coming:

Marvel Legends Young Avengers Box Set re-stock

Marvel Legends Monsters Box Set re-stock

Marvel Legends House of M Box Set

Marvel Legends 14

Marvel Legends 15

Spider-Man 18 and up

Spider-Man Rotocast and up

Marvel Legends Icons 3

Marvel Legends Showdown 4

X-Men 3

Marvel Legends Face Off 2

Fantastic 4 Animated

Marvel Legends Masterworks 2

From what I heard, these were cancelled by ToyBiz Worldwide for the International market (Canada, Australia, UK, etc..). If I understood correctly what I was told is that SOME of these products have and will be available to the U.S. market, but the production for the international market would've made the items available to us only to depart from the orient around mid-november. For those of you not familiar with this, it means that the products would arrive at the country's distributors (such as Grand) around 4 weeks later (mid-december). And according to the new Hasbro deal, those distributors are to stop shipping Marvel stuff dec.31st leaving very little time to get rid of all these products so they went ahead and cancelled this because any overstock left from Marvel can be bought off by Hasbro at a very small fraction of the price since their contract states that they could start distributing Jan.1st.

Now all this is what I was told, it is NOT me speculating. If I'm incorrect, then someone correct me. Maybe we should ask Jesse if what i was told is right. Although I did ask him in another thread and he mentioned he didn't know anything about this. I had heard this rumor about a week ago, but couln't and wouldn't believe it until I had some sort of confirmation abd I didn't wanna make people panic for nothing.

What burns my @$$ is why would this happen??? I mean, Spidey 18, X-Men 3 & ML14 have been in the U.S. for a little while so there was a production run, why do us, the international, market get the shaft like this!!!! I can't get it through my head!!!! We work very hard to please our customers as best we can, and now all you guys who relied on us to get these will be let down. I sincerely hope that you guys won't hold it against us for the future as this is absolutely not our fault. I don't know what happened for us to get screwed like this. But somewhere in my head, I knew something bad would come out of the whole Marvel/Hasbro deal. I guess that was it.

Anyway, I could rant for hours on the subject, but what would it change. I hope you guys will be able to secure everything you need and if in the process you come across extras, and feel like helping out a fellow canadian collector (me), I'd be greatful as I am a collector and was one before I became a retailer. I just feel really crappy and mostly pissed about this whole issue right now that I will end this post here before I start ranting about the big H...

Again our apologies to those who pre-ordered and an e-mail is coming your way shortly (most likely tomorrow)!

-Steve

@grumpy@

This definatley doesn't apply to the UK. Spiderman 18 is in Asda and Toys R us. ML14 has been showing up in Woolworths and FP and the House of M boxset is in Toysrus.

*sigh of immense relief*

So long as I'll still get my Ultimate Iron Man and the X3 Juggernaut, I'm happy

Im pretty sure this is about 1 or so months old. Though Jesse at Fwooshnet had said about 3 days ago that ML 14 / 15 and everything else is gonna be out internationally just in smaller portions.