Canadian Marvel Legends situation update

ARROW

Okay, I just got off a MSN chat with my local toy-guy and he confirms to me that he IS getting ML 14 & 15 in.

But not thru Grand, of course.

He's going via Diamond, and expects the stock in before X-mas.

This is a SMALL, rural community toy-shop, and he's going to get this product in. Folks in the larger urban centres will have a correspondingly better chance--but forget about TRU's and such, as they don't deal with Diamond, as far as I know.

I think that anyone else up North here, who is having concerns about getting these toys, to contact your local comic store, or local collectibile toy store and make sure to ask for these toys.

If you need to, place a deposit of some amount down to secure your place on a list--or however they like to deal with that.

I know for certain of at least one collectors store in Vancouver that is getting the stuff, and its a safe bet that an easy other half-dozen ( at least) will as will.

If you don't have that kind of relationship with a store, try reputable on-line retailers up here.

We WILL be getting product north of the 49th, but it will not be mass-market, so stay sharp.

If its a small shop I wouldn't even try ordering or relying on them from Diamond... Go to one of the larger shops who get in more chances... Diamond ships out stuff to those who order more first and if a smaller shop only orders like say. .. 5 cases odds are they may not even get any if Diamond runs out of stock giving it to those with more orders...

Let alone the fact that they supply all the orders to the u.s. first of corse and then we get the left overs of that!

Diamond is a little unreliable at times. I've gotten all my cases through them since ML8, but my comic shop did get screwed a couple times. On 8 in particular, they ordered 4 cases and only got one. They let me have it since I was the first customer to pre-order.

Then again, the last few series they've gotten their full orders. It may ultimately depend on the production run from Toybiz.

If its a small shop I wouldn't even try ordering or relying on them from Diamond... Go to one of the larger shops who get in more chances... Diamond ships out stuff to those who order more first and if a smaller shop only orders like say. .. 5 cases odds are they may not even get any if Diamond runs out of stock giving it to those with more orders...

Let alone the fact that they supply all the orders to the u.s. first of corse and then we get the left overs of that!

Well, my guy up here has it confirmed from Diamond that he is, indeed, getting the stuff--and he's only getting in maybe 2-3 cases. He's always come through for me--in fact, he even got me a Scarlet Witch........Grand (or Diamond) sent him just one back when that figure was first released and very hard to find. I think he goes thru Diamond by default anyway.

The larger stores on the coast, like Ages Three and Up, and Big Pete's, have surely placed much larger orders, but they too are getting their stuff. Heck, I was chatting with Spencer at A3UP WHILE he was placing his order on-line and he assures me its all set.

If its a pipe-dream.....we'll see, but I've put my faith in guys like these before and they have come thru.

Here's an example of something:

A different product from Marvel Legends, but a good example of the Diamond system at work here.

Art Asylum's Star Trek Kirk in Command chair set.

Slated to be out..today......my local guy got it........today!

Again, this rural BC Interior small toy-store is getting the same service as a big-city store, despite the fact that its placed a small order.

This is an item that there's obviously not many being made of, so it would ( by logic) go first to those that placed larger orders for it.

Toybiz makes to order, they serve the large retailers first, then smaller orders--Diamond could be considered to be mid-sized as a "retailer" ( actually distributor) goes, so Diamond will very likely get all of their order--meaning who orders from them will also very likely get it.

End of the day, take stock in who you will. I'm confident in getting the stuff from my source.

they are always late with other products. there are a few companies that diamond delivers early, but toy biz is not one. I tell u this because I buy from diamond, and I have few friends that also buy from diamond. Dont get me wrong diamond is a good company, and they have good prices, I was getting my ml cases from them for about $85, that about $7.08 a figure. Thats a hell of a good price, but I would order 10 cases, and get 3 one week, 4 another week, then get maybe 1 or 2. never the whole order.

oh yeah that last time got something out before everyone else was ml6, they have been late with all the other ml series.

I've verified 5 seperate shops from large to small dealers, & they all confirm the cancellation from Grand.

Diamond however has only been confimed cancelled through 1 fairly large dealer of Legends figs. I'm waiting on another 2 who have yet to confirm...but once they do, I'll feel confident that their answers are accurate.

I'll let you know what I find...cross your fingers, otherwise we'll all be doing the "ebay" thing.

thing is with diamond they will string you along even if they are out of stock and wait untill they get more in which can be a long wait... I'm not trying to diss any small retailers here of corse but diamond is not to be trusted :D

If toybiz is smart though they will know the demand for this wave and make a buttload more of them than they normaly do... so odds are it will not be a problem either way really

On Fwooshnet Jesse had said (a couple days ago) that we WILL be seeing ML 14 and 15 in stores in Canada.. I dunno whats going on lol.

I hope that will come true........................sometime before Christmas.... @firedevil@

I got the Face Off 2 Pack Series 2 yesterday! But not in Canada!