Masterpiece Starscream review and thoughts

Dark Gundam

Hey there. I know there have already been a few reviews but here is my thoughts and opinions.

First off the box was much bigger than expected, got him from BBTS. It only took a few days to arrive and was a substandard condition package, however the box was hardly that, it seemed collector's grade to me, anyway, he is not as small as I thought and is a decent size

000_0695.jpg

The Dr. Archeville figure is a great scuplt for a figure so small and you can tell its him even though unpainted. The little corcular piece beside him is so you can attach the Megs gun that came with MP-01.

000_0702.jpg

He also comes w/ collectors card and this nice booklet with all the starscream toys ever made, some of his major cartoon appearances and few shots of Dr. Archeville from the toon, not to mention a sticker sheet w/ tons of stickers...some of them say Waspinator? Must be a BW referance.

000_0696.jpg

000_0698.jpg

000_0699.jpg

His colors are much better looking in person and are a mix of dark green, blue, or dark grey depending on your lighting.

000_0703.jpg

Nice pics...

Still, I'm gonna hold out for a G1-accurate one. They've used and reused molds before, I think there's a good chance they'll do the same with this one.

I've heard some people have problems with the wings breaking - hopefully they'll work out some kinks if (when?) they release it again.

Now, on to the bot mode, Firstly, transforming him is not as hard as I've been led to believe from reading other reviews. He should be no problem for the mature adult. I transformed him in10 min. w/ no signs of stress.

000_0705.jpg

000_0704.jpg

Was it worth 107 bucks? Ask my girlfriend, she bought it, however I still would've gotten him eventually and hands down he is a great figure, definately not a toy and more of a show piece. I'd give it a B+.

Nice pics...

Still, I'm gonna hold out for a G1-accurate one. They've used and reused molds before, I think there's a good chance they'll do the same with this one.

I've heard some people have problems with the wings breaking - hopefully they'll work out some kinks if (when?) they release it again.

While mine is fine I CAN see it can break REAALY easy. The fins on yhe plane are the same type of plastic used on model planes, really thin. DO NOT DROP HIM!! Plus you gotta remember, THIS IS NOT A TOY! Clearly you can see all this when you take him out the package, these guys are just being too forceful.

he looks great & the inserts are nice but the coloring is just plain crap. what a waste of a great product. hopefully ones of those japanese morons decides to release an accurate color version.

I think there's a better chance that a US release will have better colours...

:) :) The mold itself is awesome. However, I refused to buy that thing unless they color it as anime accuracy. It's very fortunate that his hip kibble can be move to the leg, otherwise, I would've passed even with the anime color.

he looks great & the inserts are nice but the coloring is just plain crap. what a waste of a great product. hopefully ones of those japanese morons decides to release an accurate color version.

I think there's a better chance that a US release will have better colours...

And I DO think Hasbro will release this eventually. I just hope, for my wallets sake, that it's at a more reasonable price. While I like the figure, the price was WAY too high.

I have a couple of reasons for thinking Hasbro will release it. First is, they originally said that they hadn't decided whether or not they'd bring it over. After that they added that if they did, he'd be in g1 accurate colors.

Not exactly the blowoff type answers we're used to out of Hasbro. When the movie frenzy really heats up, I can't see Hasbro passing up the opportunity to make more $$$.

Not to mention, once all the movie Starscream haters REALLY start crying they'll have to do something to help quiet them down. A better MPSS is a start.

:) :) The mold itself is awesome. However, I refused to buy that thing unless they color it as anime accuracy. It's very fortunate that his hip kibble can be move to the leg, otherwise, I would've passed even with the anime color.

who said that the hip kibble can do that?? where are those pics cause i never heard anything like that yet!!

and yes, the only way i'll be getting one is if hasbro makes him the right colours!!

I have a couple of reasons for thinking Hasbro will release it. First is, they originally said that they hadn't decided whether or not they'd bring it over. After that they added that if they did, he'd be in g1 accurate colors.

Not exactly the blowoff type answers we're used to out of Hasbro. When the movie frenzy really heats up, I can't see Hasbro passing up the opportunity to make more $$$.

Neither do I - where'd you hear they said that though?

I wonder how hard it would be to make up some stickers to make him look more g1 colored... basicly sticker over his whole body for those of us who do not have the skills to repaint such a expensive toy...

repro labels prehaps?.. This could allso lead to some nice easy "re paints? sticks? :P " for skywarp and thundercracker ... if someone could pull it off...

My only thing with it comeing to the US. Can it pass all regulations? I don't think it can. So will Hasbro do something so it doesn't get treated as a childs toy?

WEll good sir I ask you this... What is the differences between this and MP op?.. What did hasbro change on MP op that they would have to change on this toy?.. If you can figure out those then you can figure out if they will bring this over or not perhaps...

allso #WTF# at the dr not being painted!! Is that a freaking JOKE?! are we suppose to paint starscream up too?.. Is that why he is like that? HUH :P

geez...

Whew/end rant :P I'm sorry but if you're gona include a pointless peice of fluf accesosry like that you may as well put some color into it...

& thanks for that PIC of ss with the gun, thats just badass! Can he put his finger on or near the trigger more though?.. I hate it when toys can't do that!!

My only thing with it comeing to the US. Can it pass all regulations? I don't think it can. So will Hasbro do something so it doesn't get treated as a childs toy?

This toy is way more intricate than MP OP, and definately more sharp points and small pieces, if Hasbro brings thisout you can believe the changes will be drastic. I doubt they could make this toy for kids, seriously.

I wonder how hard it would be to make up some stickers to make him look more g1 colored... basicly sticker over his whole body for those of us who do not have the skills to repaint such a expensive toy...

repro labels prehaps?.. This could allso lead to some nice easy "re paints? sticks? :P " for skywarp and thundercracker ... if someone could pull it off...

WEll good sir I ask you this... What is the differences between this and MP op?.. What did hasbro change on MP op that they would have to change on this toy?.. If you can figure out those then you can figure out if they will bring this over or not perhaps...

allso #WTF# at the dr not being painted!! Is that a freaking JOKE?! are we suppose to paint starscream up too?.. Is that why he is like that? HUH :P

geez...

Whew/end rant :P I'm sorry but if you're gona include a pointless peice of fluf accesosry like that you may as well put some color into it...

& thanks for that PIC of ss with the gun, thats just badass! Can he put his finger on or near the trigger more though?.. I hate it when toys can't do that!!

To be honest, the Dr. Archeville figure is actually too small to paint, he is not even an inch tall and trying to paint that small face and one hand may look a little sloppy. SS can put his finger on the trigger, or moreso near it, thats one reason I like him better than MP OP, he has articulated fingers that can point straight and not that clenching look.

who said that the hip kibble can do that?? where are those pics cause i never heard anything like that yet!!

and yes, the only way i'll be getting one is if hasbro makes him the right colours!!

Yes his hip kibble can moved to the legs like the original proto. Check the review on tfans for pics.

000_0710.jpg

Neither do I - where'd you hear they said that though?

Well, I think they might have mentioned it at SDCC, but then they just said that it either wasn't decided yet or just the standard "no plans at this time" answer, I can't remember. But then at botcon I believe it was in the panel discussion where I KNOW they said that if they do, it will be in more g1 accurate colors.

That's about all they'll say. All I know, is they didn't say NO, and that's the important thing. If they do pay attention to the fandom, then they KNOW how rabid the fans have been about this. So putting out the g1 accurate version would really be a can't lose situation for Hasbro.

They'd be fools not to.

i don't know, i still can't find the pics of the hip kibble on his feet...can you just chuck the link up or something...its not that i don't believe you i just wanna see what it looks like!!

You must not have looked very hard, but here 's the link, just scroll down a bit.

Tfans MP Screamer review

sorry, i looked in the review section, not the forums!! but thanks i finally seen the pic dude...so you keep the hip kibble on his hips?? can he still stand if its on his feet??

One question...if you do own a G1 purple Galvatron, how does it look with Starscream standing next to him? Are they the same size? I know Ultra Magnus G1 is tall too, you should see how tall they are next to each other and take a picture.

i don't know, i still can't find the pics of the hip kibble on his feet...can you just chuck the link up or something...its not that i don't believe you i just wanna see what it looks like!!

You must not have looked very hard, but here 's the link, just scroll down a bit.

Tfans MP Screamer review

sorry, i looked in the review section, not the forums!! but thanks i finally seen the pic dude...so you keep the hip kibble on his hips?? can he still stand if its on his feet??

Yeah, he can still stand, I keep the kibble on the hips the way it was designed to be. @loll@

One question...if you do own a G1 purple Galvatron, how does it look with Starscream standing next to him? Are they the same size? I know Ultra Magnus G1 is tall too, you should see how tall they are next to each other and take a picture.

I got rid of all my G1's a while back, I like them cause I had them when I was a kid but they are crappy toys.