Transformers The Movie Preview Toys

Mike

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh...reminds me of Bill Murray on "Scrooged": "Oh my gosh...does THAT suck!!" (lol)

I can't help it. I love 'em. I just hope they don't get the "vac-chrome" treatment. Then they really WILL suck.

" OBVIOUSLY this isn't G1 or a remake of the original movie so everyone stop trying to make it into that"

I am so sick of comments like that , yes WE know that :P

however we can still biatch about stuff we we don't like just like you can praise stuff you DO like!

"Hey Billy! Is that your new Transformer? Cool! What's his name?"

"His name's Blitzwing, and he can change into a tank AND a fighter jet!"

"Cool! Hey Sammy, which one did you get?"

"Mine's called Twintwist. You pull him back, let him go, and he transforms all on his own!"

"Awesome! Hey...which one did you get Cody?"

"Mine's called Boulder. He's a Rock Lord!"

"Uh...what does he change into?"

"He transforms into a ROCK!"

(An uncomfortable silence ensues followed by merciless taunting.)

The kids parents called him Cody, so I think he's been punished enough already @smilepunch@

" OBVIOUSLY this isn't G1 or a remake of the original movie so everyone stop trying to make it into that"

I am so sick of comments like that , yes WE know that :P

however we can still biatch about stuff we we don't like just like you can praise stuff you DO like!

Well I just like to remind ppl of that b/c I keep seeing noobs on here complaining about how it's not like G1, when the only thing they've WATCHED is G1, & it was, like, last week.

Plus hearing the same comment 6000 times gets a little old & wearing.... I know people will probably get pissed seeing this, BUT just WAIT til the movie b4 you start complaining b/c not a single thing besides the actors are set in stone yet... 8 MORE months....

:D

when and where will these be out

These two preview figures will be out during first week in May.

In the first week in June, the first wave of the Movie mainline series gets released. So you'll get a good look at all of the new TFs a full month before the movie hits, which is what Hasbro did for Star Wars Eps II and III to great effect. (Sales-wise.)

While I do think its cool that they are showing them in pre Earth form, I'm suprised they are making toys for them. In MTMTE there was no Wheeljack toy that turned into that strange hovercraft thing or a Bumblebee toy that turned into a saucer.

when you think of the concept of a preview figure, it makes complete sense. ..the toys coming out BEFORE the movie comes correlating to what they look like BEFORE they come to earth.

While I do think its cool that they are showing them in pre Earth form, I'm suprised they are making toys for them. In MTMTE there was no Wheeljack toy that turned into that strange hovercraft thing or a Bumblebee toy that turned into a saucer.

Yeah, but it's too bad they didn't do those... I would have loved 'em.

I guess in that sense it's cool they're doing these.

• 2 weeks later...

because the dynamic is completely different. traditionally the other mediums (cartoons, comics) were simply complimentary mediums for the toys, thus Hasbro created the toys they wanted to sell and the comics and cartoons promoted them, but Hasbro wasn't making toys based on the elements in the cartoons or comics.

the film is different. it is a medium in which the toys and the film are working hand in hand, thus Hasbro is making toys of what is in the movie, thus these toys make sense.

because the dynamic is completely different. traditionally the other mediums (cartoons, comics) were simply complimentary mediums for the toys, thus Hasbro created the toys they wanted to sell and the comics and cartoons promoted them, but Hasbro wasn't making toys based on the elements in the cartoons or comics.

the film is different. it is a medium in which the toys and the film are working hand in hand, thus Hasbro is making toys of what is in the movie, thus these toys make sense.

this movie will suck as much as CLERKS 2.

OH WELL.......I guess I'll buy the bootleg like I did with CLERKS 2 as well.

Something tells me I'll be passing on all pre-earth transformers.....these figures just don't look good at all, truth be told I dont have much hope for the earth figures either. :(