DCSH seems to be TANKING

Bigsexy944

I don't know how it is down south of the boarder, but up here in Calgary these things are warming the pegs to an insane degree.

There is probably about 30-40 each or Superman, Supergirl and Bizzaro at my TRU. Not moving. also a ton of Killer Crocs and Scarecrows. No sign of series 3

The thing is, i don't think this line is too bad a line. Its far from great. But not better or worse than ML. Whenever TRU gets a new Marvel Legends line, it clears out totally with the exception of a few lame guys like Sentry within a few weeks.

I guess the thing is, with DC Direct producing more, and better figures of the same characters, perhaps collectors don't feel the need to buy this line?

I think the sculpts in this line, naturally from the horemen are killer. But Mattel screws up the final product by cheap plastic and bad paint jobs. That and the fact that half of the figures in this line are bad re-hashes. There is no excue for that pitiful Robin to have been released agian. I dunno why this line seems to be dying.

I don't know if we'll ever see series 3 here in Canada. No one seems to care.

The TRU I go to got 1 case of wave 3 so far and they're all gone (in less than 2 days), even that lame Robin re-hash sold. There's still plenty of Scarecrows and Banes from wave 1 as well as 1 or 2 Killer Crocs, even after the sale on all DC stuff TRU had a few weeks ago.

Wave 2 is really clogging the pegs. Tons of Supergirls, Bizarros, and Supermans and even the 1 per case Doomsday isn't too hard to find.

If we get wave 4 I can't see how DCSH will survive the 4 per case re-hashed worst-Superman-figure-ever here in Canadian TRU's when there's already a glut of the far superior wave 2 Superman on the pegs.

From what I've seen, DCSH looks like a line that won't last in Canada. I guess I'll have to import all the figs I want from the U.S.

Well it's going just as fast as MLs here in my little part of Michigan. I only see the dead-ends of them here and there. Heck, I never even got to see Mr. Freeze or Azrael before the shelves were clogged with WSE (Worst Superman Ever). Every great once in awhile I'll see a Doomsday (I've seen three total, one of which I bought) from wave two but nothing else other than Superman.

These things just keep going faster than they can put them out. The villans are GONE and the ton-o-Batman and Superman figs just sit around. Now that I think about it, the only place I've seen a abundance of Superman was at TRU. Everywhere else is now suddenly clogged with WSE and the occasional Scarecrow.

I'm curious about everyone else's shelf status.

I bought a series 3 Batman at a TRU in Interior BC on Saturday. They are here. Stuff is moving in my locale, and there's a few older series one figures still on the pegs. I'll probably get them on the next trip.

imo to much $$$ for a figure......when ml's are cheaper and better

sadly this line is being killed by the morons who think it's a good idea to release the same exact batman and superman in every single wave and of course short packing the villians that people actually want to buy, it's sad because this line has already given 3 great figures (Bizarro, Azrael and Darkseid). if they could branch into more of the actual DC Universe and STOP with new Superman and Batman figures.

They sell pretty well in Ft Lauderdale...Series 1 scared me with all the Scarecrows, but they sold eventually, now its the Superman fig that i see a million of...they will go during X-Mas!

Im waiting to see the Black Symbol Supes and Supergirl i think they are true chase figs for the line i havent even seen them on E-Bay!

and the Clark/Supes 2 pack, and Batman/Batgirl pack.

here in philly they're selling pretty well actually...the only ones warming pegs are rehash superman and a couple of scarecrows...i saw wave 3 exactly once...skott

I completely agree with you. I live outside of Philly, in Media and I can't ever find any new figures. I managed to grab Bats and Mr. Freeze from series 3 and now Brainiac from series 4 but I haven't seen anything else in a few weeks. There's the occasional Scarecrow and Croc hanging around but nothing else. I guess it's a Canada-US thing but I think this line is selling well. Or at least I'm hoping so.

I think the biggest issue is the price. My TRU still sale them for 12.99 each. I have to admit the DCSH line sell slow. I've seen the wave 3 Batman once. But only Batman from series3. There was like 3 of them if I remember correctly.

But still 12.99 is a but pricey for just a figure with a few batarangs. Too bad Wal-mart arent getting the DCSH line anymore.

They are selling well here as well but at the same time, order too many that fills the pegs. Problem is that unlike Marvel Legends (and there are many differences) but the main problem is variety. Sure, there are many Wolverines once in awhile but for DCSH, how many Superman and Batman can people have, unless you are a hardcore DC fan.

I pick many versions of Batman and Superman but I'm a hardcore DC fan. These are the ones that are stuck on the pegs.

Also, remainders of the first wave still clog the pegs and occasional Supergirl.

Now as far as the two-packs, I wish they had Batgirl but the Superman and Bizarro fill the shelves up and the six are still there. No one has bought them yet.

kndy

Just picked up 3 today myself from Series 4, Darkseid, Luthor, and Brainiac. They were only $7.99 at Meijer, and no there wasn't a sale. I think they might haved wised up and the price will come down a little everywhere eventually.

Anyways, I cover 5 states when I'm working, checking almost every store possible for figs, and these figures seem to be selling pretty well everywhere I go. So as far as the line going in the tank, I'm not worried just yet.

Just picked up 3 today myself from Series 4, Darkseid, Luthor, and Brainiac. They were only $7.99 at Meijer, and no there wasn't a sale. I think they might haved wised up and the price will come down a little everywhere eventually.

Anyways, I cover 5 states when I'm working, checking almost every store possible for figs, and these figures seem to be selling pretty well everywhere I go. So as far as the line going in the tank, I'm not worried just yet.

Wow, I wish I had a Meijer in my state because that is the most sensible price for DCSH. I really wouldn't say they are tanking just yet, many shared that same sentiment when Series 1 continued to clog pegs. Since series 2 was released, they appear to be selling in my state. I'm still very pleased with what they've been releasing, so I'm not going to write this line off just yet.

They seem to move around here...even the series 4 Superman figure (which I didn't think would move) Sure there's a few stores that have series 1 Scarecrow and series 2 Superman & Bizarro still and one store that still has 4 Killer Croc's (Monroe Target), but other than the exclusive Superman/Bizarro 2-pack the Monroe target hasn't received anything after the Series 1 wave. Which I just don't understand as the've received all the new JLU sets. But I go there at least 3 times a week and they never have anything new in the DCSH line and the scanner never shows anything in the stockroom.

PJ

Leave it to the person who has always thought little of the line to say it's tanking. :P