A little fun with the com 30th ANH pack

JoeRhyno

I got the A New Hope and return of the Jedi commemorative 20th annv Tin packs today... Man, I love and hate these.. love cause they're nice.. hate.. cause you WANT to army build these.. but at $26-30.. it's kinda hard, lol.. at any rate, I wanted to see the sandtrooper, something looked a little off on him, so I ripped open his package(I actually cut it with an exacto.. cause it was too peeerdy to rip)...

COM30Jango.jpg

See.. isn't he sweet? I thought his shoulders looked a little funny, and it's cause his upper torso(chest) is new, it's a new sculpt, probably to add the ball neck.. but it seems to make the arms stick out a little more than the other ones.. not too bad.. but still, noticeable... at an rate..

Here's a side by side withthe Saga2 Sandy:

COM30saga.jpg

COM30saga2.jpg

So.. after playing around with him a little(man, I hate those paper thin thighs).. I thought I'd pop on a Luke head.. to see what Hasbro could throw at us in the near future...

COM30Luke.jpg

I'd buy one!!! lol.. I threw the helmet on, it's a little snug.. I'm guessing when they do give us one, they'll either use a new sculpt, or resculpt the hair.. either way, doesn't look that bad:

COM30Luke1.jpg

And.. now.. wouldn't this have been a lot better of a treat Hasbro???

COM30Luke2.jpg

Anyway... I'll try to get at least two more of these Sandtroopers... hopefully through some ebay seller.. and if so, I'm totally making a Luke and Han, maybe even 3P0 in stormtrooper!!!

Saga carded one looks better. The Tin set one's shoulders do stick out more, and the helmet's not so hot.

I agree, and I really don't think any OT troopers need to have removable masks.

I wouldn't mind a carded version of this with Luke and/or Han's head, though, I must say!

yes the stormtroopers don't really need removeable masks since they never took them off in the films... Though one or two here and there does not hurt with jangos ugly mug on it I suppose :P

they do not "all" need it though!

Thats a freaky looking head! It just looks off in that scale heh! Thanks for the pics joe!

yes the stormtroopers don't really need removeable masks since they never took them off in the films... Though one or two here and there does not hurt with jangos ugly mug on it I suppose :P

they do not "all" need it though!

Yeah, I don't care what George is saying this week, I don't consider them clones. Besides, the helmet doesn't match the other Sandtroopers and Stormtroopers I've got.

Hope these pics are bright enough, here are a couple of Vader

COM30vader003.jpg

COM30vader001.jpg

and a close up of the head:

COM30vader002.jpg

That head look weird....the prototype we saw at toyfare and SDCC was WAY BETTER....but that Sandtrooper is very cool...can't wait to get my hands on this figure.

The heads on both the Vader and Sandtrooper are just plain ugly.

Totally agree.

Vader looks good, but when the mask comes off he looks cheesy. The face on the old Power of the Force 2 removable helmet Vader looks 100x better than this one.

The Vader head isn't really all that bad... it looks real blotchy in the pic, but the flash really brings out all the "blue" looking spots... As for the Sandtrooper head, he almost doesn't even look like a Jango clone head... he's real pale... must be from having that armor on all the time and being away from the sun, lol.

I got the Rots one last night, lol.. funny, that's the one I thought I'd pass on.. cause I already have like 12 AT-RTs I just couldn't do it.. the Albino AT-RT was calling my name... and I bit the pillow and took it once again.. nice move hasbro!!!

I finally found the PT Tins at Walmart.Two cases were on a pallet and I popped open.I looked at them and couldn't bring myself to purchase them at the price they were.It is a good way for Hasbro to repack older figures @hmmm@ .I haven't seen the OT Tins as of yet.Are these worth my time and effort?