Found some Classics tonight!!

Devilbat

Went out looking for Classics after a very long week earlier this evening, and I was ready too; somehow my employer sent us bonus checks after a budget approval; something to do with backpay that was owed before the budget was finalized...ANYWAY, money was burning a hole in my pocket, and I had read many reports around here of Classics Transformers showing up in stores here and there. So I was on the hunt tonight. I hadn't done that probably since early last spring. And lo and behold, I found them at the first store I went to, whcih happened to be Toys-R-Us. Woo-hoo!! I found Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Rodimus. I wanted Rodimus badly anyway, and this one was the last one they had. But I passed. Why? The windshield was scratched all to pieces in the package! But I did get Optimus and Megs. They had three Optimus Primes left and only one Megatron. Sheesh guys...I don't remember this much excitement over Transformers since when the G1 stuff first came out. And I did go to a nearby Wal-Mart to look for more I wanted Rodimus and Bumblebee so very badly), and I did happen to find Rodimus again, along with Astrotrain. They were the only two I saw. But get this: this Rodimus ALSO had a scratched-up windshield! Crap! This time it was only one real bad scratch, but c'mon! How does a brand-new toy get scratched-up in the factory?! And I will admit I had to settle for the one Prime at TRU that was the least messed-up paint-job-wise. And the Astrotrain I found? I passed on him because he had a swipe of gold paint on the fuselage around the cockpit, and some scratches on the purple parts of the engines! Man! I mean, to be fair, I really am picky when it comes to the paint jobs on the toys I collect, but these were kinda ridiculous. And I was so disappointed too after waiting so long for them to come out, only to find they had quality-control issues. Megatron seems okay for the most part. There are some tiny paint problems here and there, but they're microscopic and hardly noticeable. He does have a black dot on he side facing the window of the packaging. I also found a Nemesis Prime repaint, and I almost got him too, but again he had this blob of plastic or something on the part that is his chest in robot mode. So I passed on him too. Maybe I'm just too anal and/or picky...

Well, I made up for the disappointment by coming home and buying back the re-issue Rodimus Prime I sold some time ago. I bought one from Toy Rocket for right at forty bucks, and that included shipping. Anyone here ever dealt with them? They had a few bad feedbacks on eBay, but their rating was 99.3% positive, and I knew they were fairly reputable since they advertise in all of the major magazines all the time. And their auction description was just so glowing; it was a new Rodimus Prime that had been pulled from a factory case and would come in a C-9 or better beautiful box. *sigh* I couldn't resist. Did I just mess up royally? (lol)

Lucky for me when I first found the deluxe figures, they had at least 4 of each of them out. I had to basically dig through them all to find ones that didn't have some kind of messed up looking paint.

None of them were perfect, you might want to start thinking of what flaws would be acceptable cuz it seems like most of them do have some, though some aren't as bad as others.

I saw some really messed up looking paint, and some that weren't bad but still had flaws. On top of that there are those paint flaws that you CAN'T see as well. My Megs has a couple of rough spots and Prime had one, both were in places you couldn't see in the package.

I'm happy enough with the figures I have though.

If you go back to look at Walmart again, be sure to take a good look around on their overhead shelves. At one of my Walmarts they had a TON of 20th Primes and classics Megs and Prime. Another aisle had a ton of deluxe classics. Probably a good half a dozen of each, maybe more.

Some stores also have aisles where they put stuff that doesn't have a home in their regular sections, I'd keep an eye out for that.

As for ebay, I would only be concerned about a sellers negative feedback under certain situations. If the seller just recently got a bunch of negatives for one, or if the person has several of them and not a really high number of positive feedbacks.

If you're talking about a bigtime seller with positive feedback up the wazoo, and the negatives are few and far between then I wouldn't worry. If you sell enough, especially with collectables, you're bound to run into a few people who for whatever reason weren't satisfied enough and left negative feedbacks for petty reasons.

So like I said, if the seller has a lot of positives and the few scattered negatives, then I wouldn't be too worried.

I found Bumblebee,Rodimus(Hot Rod),Astrotrain,Starscream,Prime and Megatron.I picked up the three deluxe ones except Astotrain.I am sticking with the Gen 1 reiusse.I love rodimus,he is the best of the bunch as well as Starscream.I so want to take him out of the package.The Classics I found at TRU.Target as Walmart have not gotten these in as well as the DVD commemerative Optimus.Our stores are way behind with these.

I also found Prime and Megatron but two cases...4 total...2 Prime, 2 Megatron per case. How were the others bundled and were they also $19.99.

Unfortunately, only these two cases and none of the rest that everyone else is getting.

kndy

What case is Grimlock shipping in.Hasbro Toyshop had him and he is out of stock.I am hoping that Hasbro is still making him.Also,is the dvd Optimus prime being found sporadicly?I ordered mine from HTS with the 25% and free shipping and it won't be released until November.Hasbro needs to get a clue.The stores in my area have no new Transformers as well as Star Wars!!!!

What case is Grimlock shipping in.Hasbro Toyshop had him and he is out of stock.I am hoping that Hasbro is still making him.Also,is the dvd Optimus prime being found sporadicly?I ordered mine from HTS with the 25% and free shipping and it won't be released until November.Hasbro needs to get a clue.The stores in my area have no new Transformers as well as Star Wars!!!!

November?

He is a few stores now

November?

He is a few stores now

Really?, I only heard of him being avail. at HTS for a hot second.

Found 2 Classic Megatrons tonight and with each I got a free Scout class Cybertron Trasformer, so of course I had to go to the register twice. ;)

The special at my TRU was spend 19.99 or more and get a FREE Scout class Transformer, this deal might be better than the 25 percent off HasbroToyShop.com Fall discount deal so be sure to check your TRU stores!

Lucky for me when I first found the deluxe figures, they had at least 4 of each of them out. I had to basically dig through them all to find ones that didn't have some kind of messed up looking paint.

None of them were perfect, you might want to start thinking of what flaws would be acceptable cuz it seems like most of them do have some, though some aren't as bad as others.

I saw some really messed up looking paint, and some that weren't bad but still had flaws. On top of that there are those paint flaws that you CAN'T see as well. My Megs has a couple of rough spots and Prime had one, both were in places you couldn't see in the package.

I'm happy enough with the figures I have though.

If you go back to look at Walmart again, be sure to take a good look around on their overhead shelves. At one of my Walmarts they had a TON of 20th Primes and classics Megs and Prime. Another aisle had a ton of deluxe classics. Probably a good half a dozen of each, maybe more.

Some stores also have aisles where they put stuff that doesn't have a home in their regular sections, I'd keep an eye out for that.

As for ebay, I would only be concerned about a sellers negative feedback under certain situations. If the seller just recently got a bunch of negatives for one, or if the person has several of them and not a really high number of positive feedbacks.

If you're talking about a bigtime seller with positive feedback up the wazoo, and the negatives are few and far between then I wouldn't worry. If you sell enough, especially with collectables, you're bound to run into a few people who for whatever reason weren't satisfied enough and left negative feedbacks for petty reasons.

So like I said, if the seller has a lot of positives and the few scattered negatives, then I wouldn't be too worried.

I scanned the top shelves thoroughly, and I also looked in all of those out-of-the-way places they put their special items sometimes, but to no avail. And you're exactly right about what you can live with in terms of paint problems. for example I noticed a spot on the Optimus I bought where you could almost see the blue translucent plastic underneath the thin red paint on one side. But y'know what? I'm not buying works of art here. I'm just so darn picky. I know it's my problem. I'm really trying to work on it... (lol)

And I did find a couple of 20th Anniversary DVD Primes, but I think I might pass on getting one. My whole reasoning behind getting one was for the base with the movie dialogue. But that decision was made when I thought it'd be Peter Cullen's voice. In actuality, he sounds more like Buzz Lightyear than Optimus Prime. (lol) So I might just hold out for the Japanese version someday.

And madman, your line of reasoning was exactly what I considered when buying from Toy Rocket; their good feedback far outweighed the bad. But it's still a crapshoot; who's to say I'm not gonna be the one customer out of the last fifty that gets my order messed up. Oh dear... (lol)

Thanks for the tips madman. It's almost as if you were in my head dude. @hmmm@ ;)

Finally found them this morning at K-Mart. Got the four: Bumblebee, Starscream, Astrotrain and Rodimus for $10.99. How much are these going for at WM and KM? KM tends to overprice things by a a dollar or two (sometimes three). Only Optimus and Megs are at WM and bought those last week for $19.99.

kndy

I saw Starscream, Bumblebee and Astrotrain tonight, got Screamer. His paint job seems alright, there's just a couple spots where some blue painted got spotted on, but both spots are areas you wouldn't notice unless you looked close. Might go back and get Astrotrain if he's still there tommorrow.

I got all the deluxes, but have opened up only Starscream and Astrotrain. Starscream is cool, but it's a little hard to make out the features on his face unless you look at it closely (I don't know if it's due to the plastic or what). I guess that's why on some early pics posted on this board his face looks a little marshmallowy.

Astrotrain is a fun toy, although the original toy does do the alt-modes better. I like that you can store his gun in both shuttle and bullet train modes. Hopefully Hasbro will make Blitzwing also.

PharmV