Hulk classics help please!

gth_09

Is HC2 Gamma-Punch Hulk the one that comes with a Bruce Banner figure?

If so, buy that one. It looks better.

But I'd buy them both!!

In an amazing coincidence, I have the Savage Hulk figure here on my desk. It's cool, too. To me, it's the "Marie Severin-Era" Hulk Figure.

@firedevil@

Mildly, but he's kinda warped and twisted (it's a post-gamma bomb figure), so it's a chore getting him to look good in more than a few poses.

Savage Hulk has a rep as being the worst of the 6 Hulks released in the Classics line. Gamma Punch Hulk is widely viewed as the best. I have most of the line, but always passed on Savage Hulk. He does nothing for me.

If you want to get a Hulk that is way too huge to be in scale with the rest of ML, but has a nice sculpt, go for FO Hulk.

If you want a Hulk that has a great sculpt AND is in scale with most of ML, go with Gamma Punch.

Incidentally, that Bruce Banner is a revamp of the old Deacon Frost from the Blade movie figures.

Check it Buscema did the hulk better than anybody in the business! As the Hulk gets more enraged, he gets larger. FO Hulk with the angry face (and phallic Leader) is the Hulk extremly pissed! Say what you want about scale, but I'll be damned if he doesn't look like Buscema's art leapt off the page!!! FO Hulk is the essential Hulk. Google Alex Ross, look for his Marvel piece that he did for Wizard and tell me that Hulk in the illustration doesn't look all FO?

Check it Buscema did the hulk better than anybody in the business! As the Hulk gets more enraged, he gets larger.

Hulk DOES NOT get bigger as he "gets more enraged". He gets STRONGER.

The Hulk is NOT 12 feet tall in the comics. He's been between 7 and 8 feet tall as long as he's been written.

Pay no mind, The Face Off Hulk is the premiere Hulk figure, and it is the version of the Hulk that many of us who grew up in the 80's remember!! It's the one from the slurpee cups, the cartoon, the cereal, and anything else slapped with his image!! It is the Hulk, and when I get back home, it will be taking Savage Hulk's place as my one true Hulk!!!

Face Off Hulk is the best route, I collect figures that look good, not figures that are based off there EXACT characteristics, I mean come on if your going to put that in perspective then the detail alone would force you to pass on most figs due to paint apps. If face off Hulk is not your bag then go with the gamma punch hulk, I have him loose to end your search.

Oh and in case you don't think Hulk is that size, check out this classic pic!!

404px-Hulk_mount.jpg

That shows him quite a bit bigger than the normal heor, and quite powerful

!!!

You just proved my point. That pic does NOT show him taller than 7', in fact it shows all the heroes laying down right next to his 7' tall frame.

And there is NO WAY he could hold up the entire mountain as they claim in that storyline. Why is that? Because the rock would break apart a few feet away from his grip, even if he could hold that much weight in the first place.

I would find it much more plausible if they said he was holding up a 20-foot-wide column of rock directly above his head straight up to the top of the mountain range.

Do you have ANY idea how much weight 150,000,000,000 tons is? That's BILLIONS, not millions.

Any organic body as small as the Hulk wouldn't last a hundredth of a second. He'd have to be Superhuman Class BILLIONS to do that. And he's not.

P.S. I own every issue of that limited series. I read them the week they came out in the 80s. And if you read the interior, you'll notice he is NOT shown taller than 7 or 8 feet.