Crimson Twins

Joe Toughman Tournament Final Four  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick who will win it all

• Gung Ho (Bracket #1 Winner)
    • Serpentor (Bracket #2 Winner)
    • Destro (Bracket #3 Winner)
    • Storm Shadow (Bracket #4 Winner)

Well, it's all come down to this. The Final Fatal Fourway to determine the Toughest Joe. If you notice, it's more of a toughest Cobra contest seeing how 3 of the last 4 are Cobras. Gung Ho has his work cut out for him. Before I get started here's a small recap of how each guy got here:

Gung Ho made quick work of Tomax in the first round. In the second round he was matched up against Razorclaw who had been lucky enough to draw Lifeline in the first round. His luck ran out when he met up with Gung Ho, though, who quickly dispatched the Cobra soldier. The third round would prove to be a bit harder as Gung Ho met up with Venomous Maximus. In a close fought battle that could have gone either way, Gung Ho found himself once again the victor over a Cobra. The final round leading up to the Final Four saw Gung Ho against Quick Kick. Quick Kick was the first Joe Gung Ho had faced so far, where Quick Kick had already dispatched Shipwreck and MAJ Barrage in earlier rounds. Gung Ho had no mercy for a fellow Joe and once again found himself on top (Official tally: 12-8.). Now he is right where he wants to be. The lone Joe in a Final Four filled with Cobras. Will he get your vote?

Serpentor never knew stiff competition until the fourth and final round. He had easily walked all over Scarlet in the first round. In the second round, even Zarana knew not to get in the way of Serpentor's victory over Mainframe. Croc Master attempted to put up a valiant fight, but we learned that there could be only one guy dressed as a giant reptile in this tournament as Serpentor moved on to bigger things. Those bigger things proved to be Outback in the fourth round. Outback used all of his survival training to take the fight to Serpy. At one time, it looked like Serpentor was done for. But in his typical fashion, he rose to the occassion and sealed the victory. (Official tally 11-9.) Making his second Final Four in a row, Serpentor is looking to erase his second place finish last year with a victory this year. Will he get your vote?

Destro might as well have been given a first and second round bye. He walked all over Ice Cream Soldier, and then put the boots to Jinx in fantastic fashion. After that, he was trully tested by Beachhead. After putting down two Joes already, what was another one? Destro's keen mind (and maybe his chrome head) kept him one step ahead of everyone. Even the Joe's Roadblock couldn't block Destro from the Final Four (Official Tally 11-9. If one of those 11 votes had gone to Roadblock, the resulting tie breaker would have been in favor of Roadblock. But, it didn't, so I'll get back to talking about Destro, and not the loser). Now Destro's in unfamiliar territory. After beating only Joes throughout the tournament, there is only one Joe left in the Final Four. But Destro has been known to look out for #1, and he could cut ties with Cobra at a drop of a hat. Destro is a wildcard to watch out for. Will he get your vote?

Lastly, we have Storm Shadow. When he first faced Snake Eyes in the opening round, we all had a feeling he would end up here. Snake Eyes was the only real fight he faced all tournament, scoring dominant wins over Dice, Zarana, and lastly Lady Jaye (Official Tally 14-6.). Many have speculated that Storm Shadow may not be as strong as everyone thinks. He has not been trully tested yet. Had we not seen the voting for ourselves, one would think that his opponents were hand picked for him. Can he hold his own in a Final Four filled with battle tested winners? Or will he prove once and for all that he is the greatest fighter? We left him out of last year's tournament for a reason. Now he's made it to the Final Four in an attempt to prove himself. Will he get your vote?

There you have it folks. I hope everyone has enjoyed this as much as I have. Please take your time making your decisions. This is in poll format, which means your vote is final. You will have 48 hours to input your decision. Feel free to post your comments about this round, the tournament in general, or any suggestions to make this better for next time.

Now, for the last time, let's get to voting!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's only 8 votes in, but Destro doesn't seem to be getting any love. Very surprised to see the Marine on top right. He's kinda got that underdog feel to him even though he's beaten some tough guys to get where he is right now. I'm glad to see no one guy running away with the majority of the votes this early. Keep the votes coming.

Serpentor = Coil

Destro = Iron Grenadiers

Storm Shadow = Cobra

Yeah, yeah, if you want to get technical. But then, when I started this whole thing, I asked for 1 Joe and 1 Cobra from the first 32 people. So, since I don't see any of those guys falling in the Joe category, we're gonna label them as Cobra. Call me prejudice, but you're either a Joe or a Cobra. @loll@ At least for this tournament. Now if you ask me how my heirarchy is broken down, then that's a whole different story.

C'mon... If a GI Joe didn't win in the end, then it wouldn't be GI JOE!!!

Gung Ho all the way!

But this could be one of the early chapters where Cobra seems to have GI Joe on the ropes. They win the first 2 tournaments, then when the world is about to be invaded by Shao Kahn, GI Joe wins the final tournament saving the day.

Sorry, been playing some of the new MK. Got a bit wrapped up in the whole tournament thing.

Serpentor, Destro and Stormshadow all argue over who's in charge of Cobra when the Commander is away; Gung-Ho slips in and whups all three ending the debate! (although they still don't know who's in charge when he is away)

Todd

I'm really surprised that Storm Shadow is doing so poorly in this. He wasn't even allowed in the 1st because everyone knew it would be a SS vs. SE final. I just can't believe Gung Ho is leading this. He always seemed like a big Pus to me.

Of course I voted for Serpentor. All those brilliant minds and SS's DNA to boot. No way he would really loose to Gung Hoe.

29 Votes in (our highest total so far, and there's still a little more than 24 hours to go!), and Serpentor and Gung Ho remain deadlocked at 11 each. Storm Shadow has less than half of that with 5, and Destro has yet to amount more than those 2 from the last update. This is turning into a great battle.

I have a good explanantion for SS's poor showing. Remember last time it was suggested that SS donned the Viper uniform so he could compete? Well SS makes it to the final and the Viper he stole the uniform from (w/the help of SE) ambushes him and knocks him cold and then puts on SS's gi and mask and of course gets annihilated in the final.

Thank you OCH22, I think Gung Hoe has the advantage here. Since he is the only Joe to choose from all the Joe Faithful will vote for him. Whereas the Cobra Loyalists have 3 to divide their votes amongst.

Or it could be that Gung Ho can just kick thier collective butts @smilepunch@ @loll@

Well, I cast the very first vote, and I voted for Serpentor. The emperor has to win it this time. Two second place finishes will not sit well with my Cobra leader.

And nevermore, I like the idea for Storm Shadow, and the Viper getting revenge. This could end up being a continuing storyline. Especially if my idea for the Viper Battle Royale ever sees the light of day.

Thank you OCH22, I think Gung Hoe has the advantage here. Since he is the only Joe to choose from all the Joe Faithful will vote for him. Whereas the Cobra Loyalists have 3 to divide their votes amongst.

Or it could be that Gung Ho can just kick thier collective butts @smilepunch@ @loll@

No, that definately couldnt be it.

I just have this vision in my head of Stormy, Destro and Serpantor ready to jump Gung Ho and Gung ho has a smerk on his face thinking," This is just the way I like it." If only I could draw cartoons @loll@

I just have this vision in my head of Stormy, Destro and Serpantor ready to jump Gung Ho and Gung ho has a smerk on his face thinking," This is just the way I like it." If only I could draw cartoons @loll@

Is that a village people reference? I bet he'd like to be jumped by 3 guys.

All Hail Serpentor!