GI Joe Legends customs...

Magic 8 Ball

I was checking out today's entries for CustomCon, and was so impressed with this entry I just had to share it! The people who made it should be very proud!

We can only hope that if Hasbro does decide to do something similar, it looks even half as good... Of course, we'd get 'Neon Ninja Skateboarder Duke' and 'Traffic Cop Snake-Eyes' before we ever saw Scarlett. @grumpy@

Check out the AWESOME customs here!

Of the batch, I really liked Major Bludd and Zartan.

Some of those are really nice, but I've seen better ML Joes too...

IMO Doubledealer is the best they come he did the twins, major bludd, and baroness (though that is his older one, newer is HOT). These all have the goodness to them and have tons of time and work to them too (believe me I know). Because of the wave of 6' MLs CUSTOMS (and another BIG reason) I have began workin on some myself I got Mutt pretty much done now I gotta work on his weapons and find a suitable Junkyard, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SCALED JUNKYARD???

They all look pretty good. However, I am not into ML for GI Joes. The only scale I am intrested in is 3 3/4". Don't get me wrong they do look pretty cool but if Hasbro came out with that size it would just be crazy. Like you said they would screw it up anyway.

I picked up my first Marvel Legends figure the other day.

Bishop (my favorite X-Man). And I'm NOT impressed. Sure, they have a lot of articulation, but they aren't all that possible, really. And, the worst thing (as far as G.I. Joe is concerned) is that he can't hold his guns very well.

I don't know, I sort of like ML... although I don't collect them. I have dabbled and bought a few, which I've since gotten rid of, but I don't like dealing with the ML collecting insanity - hard to find variant figures, big prices, store employees hoarding them as soon as they hit the shelves, etc...

I would buy GI Joe ML figures if the designs followed the original RAH cartoon/figures. Of course Hasbro probably would screw it up so it's a moot point...

I don't know, I sort of like ML... although I don't collect them. I have dabbled and bought a few, which I've since gotten rid of, but I don't like dealing with the ML collecting insanity - hard to find variant figures, big prices, store employees hoarding them as soon as they hit the shelves, etc...

I would buy GI Joe ML figures if the designs followed the original RAH cartoon/figures. Of course Hasbro probably would screw it up so it's a moot point...

See, that's what I don't get. They aren't as "all that" as the insanity says they are. It must BE the hard to find variants and such and just the shear numbers of characters available that drive things. I mean if all you could get were 17,0000,000 variations of Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, Dr. Doom and Invisible Woman (or whomever), well, I think you would get the picture....

See, that's what I don't get. They aren't as "all that" as the insanity says they are. It must BE the hard to find variants and such and just the shear numbers of characters available that drive things. I mean if all you could get were 17,0000,000 variations of Wolverine, Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, Dr. Doom and Invisible Woman (or whomever), well, I think you would get the picture....

I think a lot of the hard-core comic fans love 'em too, which adds a whole new demographic to it, right? You've got toy collectors and comic-book fans buying them up, but GI Joe has been pretty much toy-only... we've had some decent comic-books out there, don't get me wrong, but GI Joe, as a comic, is not going to have the same fanbase as superheroes who have been around for 40-60 years and have developed an immense fan-base during that time.

Some of those are really nice, but I've seen better ML Joes too...

I have began workin on some myself I got Mutt pretty much done now I gotta work on his weapons and find a suitable Junkyard, DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SCALED JUNKYARD???

You might try the educational toy stores, or whatever aisle sells that sort of thing in your local Wal-Mart or TRU. Another suggestion is to look in the girl's aisle, or with farm toys- animal toys, in the form of dogs, cats, and horses, are often common in those areas. You may have to resign yourself to doing a lot of modding, though.

If you ever make a Law & Order, I'd recommend modding one of the wolves that came with the MS Origin Wolverine/X2 Logan, since it's already at a near-perfect scale.