Please settle this little argument...

Topes

Hey guys, I've never really posted in this forum, I usually stick to the GI Joe and Star Wars boards (and lurking at that...), but me and my friend got into this debate. He says Anime characters are more powerful than Marvel characters. Example: he's saying Goku from Dragonball could beat anyone from the Marvel universe. I used Silver Surfer or Galactus as my counter-argument, but he's saying no way. He also thinks the Naruto ninjas could take on the X-Men. That's just ridiculous! I realize how dumb this might sound, but there's no way we can settle this without some outside opinions. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Topes

Anime characters have the worst powers and don't even compare to marvel superheroes.

All you need to mention is Wolverine. He can just reheal and take them all out. Spidey would also open up a can of whoop ass, and captain america is just superhuman. No contest.

Hey guys, I've never really posted in this forum, I usually stick to the GI Joe and Star Wars boards (and lurking at that...), but me and my friend got into this debate. He says Anime characters are more powerful than Marvel characters. Example: he's saying Goku from Dragonball could beat anyone from the Marvel universe. I used Silver Surfer or Galactus as my counter-argument, but he's saying no way. He also thinks the Naruto ninjas could take on the X-Men. That's just ridiculous! I realize how dumb this might sound, but there's no way we can settle this without some outside opinions. Any feedback would be appreciated...

Topes

I'd say you are both right.

There are some extremely powerful characters in various animes, Dragon Ball Z/GT is certainly a good example. At his best I would guess Goku would be a match for the Hulk in terms of physical strength but with extremely powerful energy manipulation techniques. But he isn't all powerful. And when not powered up he would be comperable to a normal human.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, you guys obviously dont read or watch much but we dont even need Goku. Sailormoon would take out most of the Marvel Universe probably when she's asleep. Pissed off? Well it's simply the truth. And I know this because I actaully know the subjects athand. Marvel Characters dont compare as well as you all may think.

Topes

I'd say you are both right.

There are some extremely powerful characters in various animes, Dragon Ball Z/GT is certainly a good example. At his best I would guess Goku would be a match for the Hulk in terms of physical strength but with extremely powerful energy manipulation techniques. But he isn't all powerful. And when not powered up he would be comperable to a normal human.

Actually, Son Golu is more powerful than a normal human when he doesn't use fusion. He is actually as strong as the Hulk in this mode or Superman since he somewhat based off of him.

As for Son Goku not being all powerful, think again.

They made Son Goku more powerful than the dbz/gt universe's god's, god's, god's, god. So yeah, he is VERY powerful.

However, this is like comparin legos to transformers. It is pointless to bicker over two media(dragonball and marvel) that are different from one another.

• 7 months later...

I think they are soo different...

But somethings for sure... Goku would probably kill every and anyone in Marvel... Just cause hes Goku. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Goku is damn powerful. So powerful that I gave up watching the series years ago. :P

But don't Marvel have some Omnipotent characters?

• 2 weeks later...

ok now i'm a huge db/z/gt, guyver, zoids and i watch many other animes but yes it is apples to oranges, to me this is like any other vs discussion, everybody has who they think would win, if it came down to it they could do a verse like marvel vs dc where it ended basically in a draw and got stupid mixing them all thogether (sorry mpo) in mvc2 it shows that hell capcom mythos can hold their own against the marvel universe. so basically it's all a matter of opinion and just who you like best

I'm pretty sure somebody from the Marvel Universe would poke the anime character in one of their gigantic eyes. And make them cry.

I mean, those eyes.....their HUGE. A little dust in there and BAM! they're all watering and blinking and can't see. Spider-Man has two way mirrors over his eyes, so no dust can get in there. So Marvel wins. @poke2@ @smilepunch@ :P