Stupid Bumblebee Questions

Shipwreck

Sorry, but i just bought the classics Bumblebee. 2 things came to mind:

1. What car is the classics Bumblebee supposed to be? He cartainly isn't a VW Bug.

2. Why hasn't an Alternator Bumblebee been made using the new WV Bug model??? It sounds like an easy fit for the line.

Sorry, but i just bought the classics Bumblebee. 2 things came to mind:

1. What car is the classics Bumblebee supposed to be? He cartainly isn't a VW Bug.

2. Why hasn't an Alternator Bumblebee been made using the new WV Bug model??? It sounds like an easy fit for the line.

I can answer number two, at least.

'See, the Volkswagon company, German for "People's Car" (Additionally German for WWII Nazi Staffcar supplier) has time and again refused to allow Hasbro to use their car design for Bumblebee, as Transformers are a hostile/military toy line, and they do not want their product associated with that. At least, that's what we've been told for years.

Maybe they should have thought of that when they gave the Third Reich the means to kill thousands of Allied soldiers. AT LEAST BUMBLEBEE FOUGHT THE BAD GUYS, NAZI CAR MEN.

And I don't think Bumblebee is meant to be any car in particular, same way Classics Optimus, Hot Rod and Astrotrain are not designed to be any specifically named vehicle.

Tom

It's much closer to the Clio, but it's boxier in the front end. But yeah, definitely more like these cards than a Mini.

yea, we've been fed the words that germany doesn't want affiliation with military/war toys... i doubt that though... just seems like great publicity IMO

Considering how badly Hasbro wanted Bumblee to be a VW Alternator, it doesn't make sense that this is just a line. Both VW and Porshe are owned by the same company, and Jazz and Bumblebee were the first two Alternators designed.

Seems like a concidence that both of them had to be scrapped in favor of Smokescreen and Sideswipe... but not if both car designs were denied by the company that owns them.

Sorry, conspiracy theory doesnt hold up here. VW's apprehension to violent licensees makes a lot of common sense, and explains things too well to be untrue.

Honestly, VW's not letting the bug be used for Transformers makes me think of Sienfeld. Ya know the one with the Soup Nazi. "no soup for you!! Except "NO car for you!!"