Any good stores in London, UK?

DPrime

Hamleys is possibly London's biggest toy store... Harrod's might have some Joes... I'm not sure if there's a TRU around there... Your best bet is to look through the phone book for collector's shops and toy shops when you get there and just ring them up.

Your best bet is to try the second hand stores. GI Joe stopped selling over here a few years back and it was basically what was already released in the US anyhow.

A store called Poundstretcher DOES get the occassional GVC or VvV pack in tho and would be worth trying.

Unfortunately, Hamleys probably wouldn't have anything.

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. I can buy all the new stuff I need here (well, online anyway) but what I may be looking for is a cool old Action Force toy or two.

London is a surprisingly terrible place to go shopping for old toys - I can't honestly recommend that you actually waste of of your time over here looking for old ones. In my own personal experience everything around there is done either online or at collector's fairs, there are very few shops buying and selling in the Greater London area, and bear in mind also your terrible dollar/pound exchange rate will mean things are ridiculously priced for you.

If you live in the USA, going to a place like TRU will only make you feel sorry for us at the limited release of stuff we get over here. Harrods and Hamleys may make you want to slit your wrists at the prices.

The only toy store I can actually recommend in Central London is Orbital - it's just outside Tottenham Court Road tube station, across the road from the Astoria - look for the sign on the outside as otherwise you'll miss it!! Sometimes they don't have much, but other times they can have some cool - albeit sometimes a bit expensive - japanese import stuff like Transformers.

I am doing the same thing bro.. I am in London for 3 more months, and I haven't seen much in the way of toy stores..

I have seen 2 TRU stores, been inside one.. it was pretty much the same as the US stores, with less variety.

ASDA is the super-crappy version of walmart... they have very few toys.

woolworths has some toys, not much.

I found Foridden Planet, a giant comic book store.. they had loads of cool toys.. but nothing old like that.

I was hoping to score some UK versions too, but I haven't seen anything like that so far.

Thanks yo-man, i probably should of explained what they were. Yeah, you can try those man, i didnt see too many when i was overseas though, although i think i did see like 1 2pack at a toy store. The first time i went to england i was really pumped that i might find some places that sell old action force, but i've been 4 times and still no luck.

Have fun over there with the close to 1:2 Pound:Dollar exchange. <_<

-saboteur