20th Prime DvD Edition

pesatyel

Anyone see this thing yet? I found one for $90 at TRU (maybe it was $80, but I don't think so).

It was funny though because the display base had a "try me" feature. Prime spouts of lines from the movie, but it sucks because it doesn't SOUND like Prime. Would it have been THAT difficult to get Cullen's voice for it? Hell, I would have settled for Chalk.

And yeah, I accidently posted this in the G.I. Joe section. D'oh!

My Wal-Mart got like 30 of them, but I decided not to get it once I heard the voice on the stand. That was really the only draw for me and it didn't sound like Optimus Prime, so I won't be getting one.

I honestly can't get over the response to the stupid voice in the base. I've got several figures that have some sort of speaking feature, I couldn't tell you the last time I heard any of them.

Ditto for any other sound effects. Most of the time, I just end up taking the batteries out.

Anyway, it's just a base to stand the figure on. Nobody is paying any extra for it, it's not something that was going to provide any kind of real WOW factor no matter who did the voice. It's just another one of those gimmicky things that most people will forget about 5 minutes after the package is opened.

With that said, I like new cleaned up version. He looks a bit brighter and I dunno I just like him. I'll get one eventually seeing the original I have I had to trade for so it was used. He has some chrome and paint chipping, although it's pretty minor it still kinda bothers me. So it will be nice to have a fresh new one. The fact that I know how to transform him pretty well already should help greatly to avoid chipping problems...at least I hope so.

Actually debated in Wal-Mart for over an hour (a few hours ago) whether or not to get it. As much as I wanted it....I figure if I'm going to pay $70 ($69.98)...if it's just better to get the import with the trailer instead. I don't know. I'm confused.

I see in the box it has die-cast metal. If so, where?

Also, it mentions the trailer...where is it? Or did they mean that there is a cardboard version or what.

kndy

Wouldnt it be cheaper to by the Hasbro version at Walmart and by the MP1 Trailer seperately?

The only official trailer is the one that comes with MP-04. The one made for the original Masterpiece Convoy is an unofficial piece with none of the bells and whistles (it's also kinda stumpy). Hence why it's going for chump change now that a *real* trailer's been released.

Actually debated in Wal-Mart for over an hour (a few hours ago) whether or not to get it. As much as I wanted it....I figure if I'm going to pay $70 ($69.98)...if it's just better to get the import with the trailer instead. I don't know. I'm confused.

Drop the green, and get yo'self a Masterpiece, brah. I got mine in at the beginning of the week from BigBadToyStore, and I love this thing!

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.p...hlight=haulimus

Wouldnt it be cheaper to by the Hasbro version at Walmart and by the MP1 Trailer seperately?

The only official trailer is the one that comes with MP-04. The one made for the original Masterpiece Convoy is an unofficial piece with none of the bells and whistles (it's also kinda stumpy). Hence why it's going for chump change now that a *real* trailer's been released.

Drop the green, and get yo'self a Masterpiece, brah. I got mine in at the beginning of the week from BigBadToyStore, and I love this thing!

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.p...hlight=haulimus

are there any pic heavy reviews that comparet the two out there?

I saw one at TRU... the plastic looks like knock off plastic and the paint had runs in it and such... they are sucking balls if they think this piece of crap is worth more than $35... which is what it'll end up at walmart on clearance (which will be when to pick 'em up).

Can someone please help me. I cant figure out how to transform him. I need detailed images of how to do it. Sorry for being a noob. But I am having so much trouble with him. And how the hell do u start a new thread?

I couldn't remember either, not having had them to transform for awhile. I found the instructions online, but in PDF format.

I'll see if I can find them for you.

Can someone please help me. I cant figure out how to transform him. I need detailed images of how to do it. Sorry for being a noob. But I am having so much trouble with him. And how the hell do u start a new thread?

http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/Tran...timus_Prime.pdf

thanks, but thas the instrution manaul that came with it and i dont udnerstand it, i need color pics of the real thing or a video of it being transformed