Target Snowspeeder

anakinnh

Has the Target snowspeeder already been out? I saw about 100 of them at the new Somersworth, NH Target that opened yesterday.

Uh, sounds like it's out then...

I didn't know if it had already been out and this was nothing new.

Saw them yesterday (Sunday) for $29.99. Must of came out this past weekend. Looks cool and all...especially with the figure that I don't have (and vehicle as well) but I don't know...a little iffy on it. Would like to read someones review first. Didn't buy it though.

kndy

I got mine yesterday from the local Super Target (none of the regular Targets in my area seem to get stuff like this).

The vehicle looks great, everything is painted on (no decals) and the Zev figure is pretty cool. The Snowspeeder doesn't seem to be built all that well though....the laser cannons come off easily and the landing gear isn't all that sturdy. If a kid were to play with it all the parts would soon fly off.....but since most of us buy them just to look pretty, it doesn't bother me that much.

I got mine yesterday from the local Super Target (none of the regular Targets in my area seem to get stuff like this).

The vehicle looks great, everything is painted on (no decals) and the Zev figure is pretty cool. The Snowspeeder doesn't seem to be built all that well though....the laser cannons come off easily and the landing gear isn't all that sturdy. If a kid were to play with it all the parts would soon fly off.....but since most of us buy them just to look pretty, it doesn't bother me that much.

Hrmm sad to hear about the quality. Maybe you got a lemon! :P

Im glad they released the Snowspeeder again. I purchased the Wal-Mart one a few years back, but sadly due to money problems had to return it.

I found a ton of these at a local Super Target, by ton I mean easily 100+, I would have purchased it then but I need money. This paycheck coming up however I am going to get it, along with maybe Kit Fitso's ship.

Wheeljack,

I have to know,do different Target stores out out thier reset stuff at different times?I don't know how this works at the store level.Like I said before,I had to use the DCPI to get the snowspeeder from the back.I thought these weren'y suppose to be put on the shelves until 10-15,what gives?

Wheeljack,

I have to know,do different Target stores out out thier reset stuff at different times?I don't know how this works at the store level.Like I said before,I had to use the DCPI to get the snowspeeder from the back.I thought these weren'y suppose to be put on the shelves until 10-15,what gives?

Easy there are Flow Team members who either are new ,not paying attention or do not care that the transitioned/

revision items have a date

So it goes out to the floor and gets put out even without a location posted on the box

This how the toys get out early

Guest McBragg

The vintage ones was like that, the laser guns fell off all the time, that's why loose ones on ebay are missing them. And the landing gear strut never was substantial. Guess some things don't change.

• 2 weeks later...

or the grappling hook, this one does not fire and is smaller.

Yup, just checked mine and no graple hook either with the thread that wound around the back engine part. Guess they were thinking kids would swallow them or some such crap. Electronics would have probably added to costs so meh...its okay just not like the good old days :)

I have all three of the snow speeders and this one's my fav.. it doesnt' have the hige spring fires grappling hook on the back, which I thought made the older one look kinda dumb.. it also doesn't have the grappling hook that would connect to the walker and luke could hold on to and it and hang from it... which is fine with me.. casue Luke did that.. not DAK lol... I would like to see another one maybe with a wedge in the future with a tow cable, maybe a new, smaller one so it could wrap around an AT-AT

The good things about this one, is that oh so sweet pilot, that actually comes in Hoth pilot gear, he has the added neck thing and he has a long jacket on.. and of course the new air brakes, that's an added bonus...

Hope that helps :)

Old one = Lights sounds, Tow cable but no airbrakes

New one = No lights or sounds, no tow cable, new airbrakes and a figure.

I'd have to say I still prefer electronic versions of toys. (So long as they come without batteries! I hate having to open a package to remove batteries!!)

The old tiefighter vs this new one, now the snowspeeder. I just love the sounds they made.

I can't say if this new ones Lasers fall off more (Keeping it MISB) but the old one did fall off quite often.

These seem to be a bit of a pegwarmer... er, shelfwarmer. There are plenty to go around in both of my local targets. I didn't buy one this go around as I have a couple of vintage ones and the recent POTJ version. HOWEVER - if these get clearanced, I'll buy one just for Rogue 2! Heck, if it's a good clearance I might even buy two!