Luke Skywalker in Endor Gear

Whitewolf

Today saw the first shipment (to my store at any rate) of Wave 7. Gragra (or Bea Arthur, depending on who you ask), Electro-Vader, Holo-Maul, the Naboo Soldier, the Abbot and Costello Pod Racers, the Endor Trooper, the Gungan (priest or diplomat or Disneyland tour guide or whatever he's supposed to be)...and of course Luke. This review will be somewhat short because most of us are already familiar with this figure.

This latest incarnation of Luke is actually a reincarnation. This is the regurgitated 2003 Jedi Luke, but with a corrected black gloved right hand. Beyond that, nothing has changed whatsoever. While most of us would very much love to see a VOTC/VTSC-style Jedi Luke, Hasbro actually managed to breathe new life into an otherwise mediocre figure.

DSC_1757.jpg

DSC_1759.jpg

As with the original Jedi Luke, this one has 14 points of articulation. Standard swivel-joints in the neck, waist, shoulders, wrists, knees and hips; and diagonal-cut joints in the elbows. One of the first things I noticed about this new Luke was that his knee joints are now ratcheted. In moving the knees, they make a clicking...or rather a "crunching" sound and lock into place about every 10 degrees or so. An odd decision on Hasbro's part, unless this is just a production flaw in my particular figure.

DSC_1769.jpg

Where Luke really shines is the sheer number of accessories he comes with...or as I like to call it, "window dressing." Had none of this been included with him, I probably would have passed him up completely.

He includes:

*Removable Endor Poncho

*Removable Rebel Helmet

*Removable Holster Belt

*DL-22 Blaster Pistol

*Lightsaber

*Display Base

DSC_1766.jpg

The belt and holster are a completely new sculpt, and not a reuse of Han Solo's VOTC/VTSC belt. The DL-22 is the same blaster that came with the VTSC X-Wing Luke and fits perfectly into the holster. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see this belt reused on the upcoming VOTC Bespin Luke. The belt also threads through four cut-outs in the poncho, fastening in the back. The soft-goods poncho itself is very well done, done in muted dirty greens and tans and is darned-near movie-accurate, unlike previous attempts. The helmet is the same one that comes with the Endor Trooper in this same wave, and can be removed. This removable gear may hint on a possible "Endor General" Leia sometime in the near future...

All in all, Luke is neither a got-to-have-it-at-all-costs figure nor is he really pegwarmer material. The fact that we have never had a Luke with exceptional Endor gear before warrants a purchase. I like him the longer I look at him...he sort of grows on you after a while.

DSC_1762.jpg

I agree with your final sentiments. The Wave 7 figs showed up at the TRU in Salinas, CA yesterday (Sat.) or quite possibly Friday. I had preordered this fig from BBTS but saw him and decided, after a few minutes, to go ahead and pick him up. Since I just started recollecting SW figs a few months ago (after a 20 year layoff), this is the first current Luke fig I have picked up. I really do like him and he goes really well with the Endor rebel troopers. I do like his "cammo" overcoat and sidegun. BTW, great review of him. I don't think this is a "I regret buying this one" figure.

I absolutely love this figure. I found him the other day but was broke of course.

These latest figures are the first ones that I've gotten really excited over in a long while. This wave also includes the Gungan Council Member (?) that's been on my wishlist for quite some time. Can't wait to get these...

Will he even sit on a speeder bike properly? That damn lower tunic killed articulation on the Saga version. I am guessing since it's still a part of the figure, making him sit is hard to do. Hasbro should have made it soft goods.

i think the votc version will be just jedi luke.....no endor votc luke for a looong time.....so i want my future votc jedi luke to be the well dressed jedi in an endor poncho

I could see them reusing this gear on a VOTC-style Jedi Luke to be included in an Evolutions type of set. Seems like a no-brainer to me, so I'm gonna wait a while yet...

This has been the one wave this year that I have had THE most trouble finding. The only ones I have are the Vader, Been, and a Naboo Soldier. :(

I have yet to see the Endor/Naboo wave at any of my local Targets, WMs, or TRUs. The only place I found them was at the grocery store (HEB) closest to my apartment.....go figure. They had a total of 8 Star Wars figures in their meager toy aisle, all of them from that wave.