Energon Demolishor -> Optimus Prime

Dark_Lord_Prime

Thanks to a discussion over at The AllSpark, I've been inspired to create this:

Demolishor_Prime.jpg

:D

The bumper and square bit in his belly will actually be silver, as will the fuel tanks on his thighs, and the clear parts may end up painted opaque red and blue.

I made the dumper bed grey with dark blue as a throwback to G1's trailer.

The flames (or whatever) on the bumper and his toes will obviously be left out.

This has officially gone from digi-concept to real project.

I used a Bendy Prime head in the digibash, but I have no extra Bendy heads and I have used/am using the heads from other Prime toys for my other Optimus KB's, so I've decided to build one. :D

Behold! The front half of Cybertron Downshift's head (left over from my c-Shockwave) and the back half of Universe Ransack's (left from my "Optimus Hoist"), along with judicious applications of epoxy putty = Optimus Prime.

DemPrime_head.jpg

So far, I've got putty in place for a remolded faceplate, as well as a new crest and smoothing out the crest at the back of Ransack's head.

I'm still contemplating what to do for Op's "ears".. so far, my only idea is to simply sculpt them out of more putty.

I'm trading some stuff to my buddy for his damaged Demolishor (the left elbow snapped, but he sent me a pic of it and I'm sure I can fix it), so when he sends it to me, this project can really get started. :D

NOt that we don't have enough Primes, but yours keep the intrest! Looks like this could have been better then the actualy E Prime. The new head sculpt looks like its going to turn out realy well. Just have to see how the ears look. Looking forward to later pics of this.

If you want a really ambitious project, I've always thought it would be cool to try and make an Armada Demolishor into Wing Dagger from Energon.

Now I don't think they ever showed him transform, but his design did look like a generic form of Demolishor. So that would mean the ability to get rather creative on his alt mode. I think it could be a fun project for whoever takes it on.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I know this topic is from October, but as I've finally started working on the project for real, I'm resurrecting it. @smilepunch@

I've finished constructing the Optimus head (Cybertron Excellion head + epoxy putty and modified visor), and thought you'd like to see it. It needs a little more cleaning up, then I can paint it.

DSCF0208.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg