Box set ideas

Goon

How many figures are ideal for a box set?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well, whadaya think?

• Four
    • Five
    • Six
    • More

I know that threads like this make some folks crazy but......

What are some sets you're really interested in. Here's the catch:

NO X-men, Spiderman, Iron Man or Avengers themes.

Daredevil Set

Daredevil Yellow (new sculpt)

Mr. Hyde

Gladiator

Black Widow (new sculpt)

Bullseye (unmasked, modern, new sculpt)

Marvel Street Set

Iron Fist

Luke Cage (modern)

Moon Knight

White Tiger (classic version)

Shang Chi

I'd say six is ideal for me, the last time I remember ToyBiz doing a 6-figure boxset was with the Fantastic Four, which also included Dr. Doom and Franklin.

So, in that same style I'd really like to see an Alpha Flight set, including Puck(smaller figure like Franklin), Vindicator, Snowbird, Shaman, Northstar and Aurora. An awesome bonus, which is something another poster suggested was if the boxset included parts to a BAF of Box, coolness indeed.

I also wouldn't mind a New Warriors boxset with: Night Thrasher, Nova, Namorita, Firestar, Speedball, and Marvel Boy(AKA Justice) similar to their appearance in New Warriors #1.

A Squadron Supreme boxset would really be cool too.

Hulk:

Bruce Banner

Leonard Samson

General Ross

Hulk (new version)

Daredevil:

Daredevil in yellow costume

Stit-Man

Purple Man

Foggy Nelson

Gladiator

Inhumans:

Black Bolt

Medusa

Triton

Crystal

Maximus the Mad

Karnak

Lockjaw

Namor and Atlantis:

Namor (in green speedo)

Namorita

Attuma

Stingray

Thunderbolts:

Mach-1

Songbird

Baron Zemo (Helmut)

Moonstone

I'll create more later...

Invaders

Cap(new sculpt)

Union Jack

Sub-Mariner(speedos,new sculpt)

Human Torch(new sculpt)

Spitfire

Cosmic Legends

Silver Surfer(new sculpt)

Nova (no, not the herals of Galactus)

Captain Mar-Vel(green and white)

Super Skrull

Adam Warlock

Bring on the Bad Guys

Red Skull(Hydra jumpsuit)

Dr. Doom(new sculpt, better scale)

Dormammu

Klaw

Kang

Here's some ideas:

U-foes- Vector, Vapor, X-Ray, Ironclad

Soviet Super Soldiers- Darkstar, Vanguard, Ursa Major, Crimson Dynamo

Heralds of Galactus- Air-Walker, Firelord, Terrax, Nova, Morg

The Wrecking Crew- The Wrecker, Bulldozer, Thunderball, Piledriver

The Defenders-Valkyrie, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Son of Satan, Devil-Slayer

Squadron Supreme- Hyperion, Dr. Spectrum, The Whizzer, Nighthawk,

The Masters of Evil 1- The Melter, The Black Knight, Radioactive Man, The Enchantress, The Executioner

That's all that I can think of for now! :P

Inhumans: Blackbolt, Medusa, Crystal, lockJaw, Karnak, Triton

Heralds of Galactus: Terrax, Firelord, Nova II, Morg, Stardust (from the Beta Ray Bill mini series)

Alpha Flight:Guardian, Vindicator, Puck, Snowbird, Shaman, Nothstar & Aurora

Wrecking Crew: Wrecker, Piledriver, Bulldozer, Thunderball

Hell Fire Club Black King, Black Queen, White Queen, White King

Mutant X Blood Storm, Fallen, Brute, Goblyn Queen, Ice-Man

Normal People: Foggy Nelson, Mary Jane, J.J.J. Jessica Jones, Jarvis

Evil Lackeys: This is a set of the pack ins Toybiz was thinking about, With Aim, Hydra, Ultimatum, Hell Fire Club Guard, & The Hand.

Alternate Appearance Instead of 1st appearance we could get the variants of classic Marvel caracters Like US AGENT instead of Cap, Thunderstrike instead of Thor, Ben Riley SpiderMan, Thing w/ Spiked Rocks and Black Costume Daredevil

Normal People: Foggy Nelson, Mary Jane, J.J.J. Jessica Jones, Jarvis

Alternate Appearance Instead of 1st appearance we could get the variants of classic Marvel caracters Like US AGENT instead of Cap, Thunderstrike instead of Thor, Ben Riley SpiderMan, Thing w/ Spiked Rocks and Black Costume Daredevil

I really like some of your ideas ^_^

As for the Alpha Flight thing, the best idea was a ten-figure wave with all the most popular AF char. and BAF parts of Box, and then a boxed set with 4 of the less popular char. and Box's torso to make Box the biggest BAF with the most parts of all.

It would basically end up that the torso would hold the Madison Jeffries figure and my idea was that the Humanoid form of Box would be taken from this art:

boxivjy5.gif

and be able to transform into either a spaceship or a tank or both.

As for the Alpha Flight thing, the best idea was a ten-figure wave with all the most popular AF char. and BAF parts of Box, and then a boxed set with 4 of the less popular char. and Box's torso to make Box the biggest BAF with the most parts of all.

That's the -best- idea? I don't know, man.

The proposal involves a BAF of a character even half of the Marvel fanbase aren't really familiar with/fond of; a wave that is dominated by a second-string Marvel hero organization; and a box set guaranteed to sell like slowly (if at all) due to being filled with 'the less popular characters.'

Doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Unfortunately, ML has to look out for its future, which means going easy on the second-string characters. I wouldn't mind seeing an Alpha Flight ML style, but not at the expense of ML. I'm still hoping we'll slowly see both Alpha Flight and X-Force filling out in the near future by having one or two characters introduced in each wave. -That- is the best idea, because it doesn't involve the possibility of dismal sales.

I would love an Exiles and Squadron Supreme box set. A New Mutants set would be cool and I've heard others mention X-Force. Alpha Flight and Mutant X would be great sets as well.

Exiles: Mimic, Blink, Morph, Nocturne

Squadron Supreme: Hyperion, Nighthawk, Dr. Spectrum, Power Princess

New Mutants: (in graduation costumes from various special issues like their trip to Asgard) Cannonball, Magik, Mirage, Sunspot, Cypher, Warlock, Wolfsbane, Karma, Magma (may need two sets for this one - maybe a whole wave with a BAF Warlock)

X-Force: New Cable, Cannonball, Warpath, Boom Boom, Shatterstar, Domino

I'd love to see a box set with the NEW New Mutants aka Acadamey X aka New X-men:

A 6 figure set would be nice:

Hellion

Rockslide

Mercury

Surge

Elixer

Dust

That would be cool

That's the -best- idea? I don't know, man.

I meant that is the best bet to complete the entire team of Alpha Flight, not the best bet for the rest of ML ever.

You seem to enjoy posting contentious replies to ALL my recent posts. Were you born this big a d**k, or did you have to work really hard to perfect it?

I meant that is the best bet to complete the entire team of Alpha Flight, not the best bet for the rest of ML ever.

Ah. I thought you meant to say that it was the best idea you'd heard, generally speaking. My mistake, then.

Were you born this big a d**k, or did you have to work really hard to perfect it?

It's actually a little of both. I mean, you can't be this good at it unless you were born with a talent for it, ya' know? But seriously. . .

You seem to enjoy posting contentious replies to ALL my recent posts.

I honestly hadn't noticed. Don't be so defensive. If I happened to disagree with your recent posts, you shouldn't consider it anything but exactly that. I -happened- to disagree with those posts. It's nothing against you personally, nor was disagreement manufactured in order to get after you in any way. From what I've seen from lurking, you seem like a cool guy. I have no problem with you whatsoever, and didn't mean to come off as hostile. So I think insulting me was a little premature. I can assure you, no ill-feeling was intended on my part. I apologize if it seemed otherwise.

I honestly hadn't noticed. Don't be so defensive. If I happened to disagree with your recent posts, you shouldn't consider it anything but exactly that. I -happened- to disagree with those posts. It's nothing against you personally, nor was disagreement manufactured in order to get after you in any way. From what I've seen from lurking, you seem like a cool guy. I have no problem with you whatsoever, and didn't mean to come off as hostile. So I think insulting me was a little premature. I can assure you, no ill-feeling was intended on my part. I apologize if it seemed otherwise.

Sorry I insulted you then.

I have noticed that quite a few people here and on Fwoosh have been posting replies to my posts as if to say "ignore the idiot in the corner" especially when I try to correct some misinformation like "X characters has X powers" that they really don't have.

I shouldn't have assumed you had it in for me.

So. . . are we all agreed that Age of Apocalypse would make the best box set? And do you think we can convince TB to secretly make it for us so that it will actually be good? ;)

Nope... Personally I hate AOA designs and would have no use for them.

And we haven't even seen a single figure from Hasbro in hand yet. For all anyone knows Hasbro could make MLs far superior to anything Toybiz ever did. Only time will tell.

I have never met a group of people more afraid of change than toy collectors. @smilepunch@

Nope... Personally I hate AOA designs and would have no use for them.

As many people do. I happen to think they are decent overall but wuld rather see 616 stuff in boxed sets as often as possible until every 616 char. has been done.

And we haven't even seen a single figure from Hasbro in hand yet. For all anyone knows Hasbro could make MLs far superior to anything Toybiz ever did. Only time will tell.

I have never met a group of people more afraid of change than toy collectors. @smilepunch@

Hahahaha. Yeah, but it's from bitter experience.

I seriously DOUBT Hasbro will make them BETTER. But they could keep them the same, in which case I will shout my praises for them from the rooftops. But they already SAID they are not doing that. They said they are going to take away the hand art. as well as giving them new elbows, which look horrible.

Jesse said Hasbro doesn't have any planned box sets right now... @grumpy@

If you want proof Falcon said it, just check the "Jesse posts" thread over @ Fwoosh for the rest of what he had to say. I can't remember right now...

I voted for 5 figures because I like the formula of a heavy hitter (Spidey, Wolverine, IM, Hulk, etc.) with minor characters surrounding that character in the set. Fearsome Foes seemed like a perfect gift pack IMO...

X-Factor Horsemen set:

Apocalypse (repaint/new head)

Archangel (new head)

Pestilence

War

Famine

Evil Leaders:

Red Skull (HYRDA SUIT)

Magneto (New sculpt)

Baron Zemo (Halmut)

Dr. Doom (New sculpt)

Wilson Fisk (retool)