The Unit!

JoeRhyno

I dont have cable, I only get the basic stuff and even that's a pretty crappy reception, so I really dont watch much "TV"... so I was at the Video store renting some DVDs and I saw this series called The Unit... it made me chuckle a little.. cause that's what my cousin always called his manhood... his unit, lol.. anyway... after I got the giggles out.. I picked it up(cause it had former President Palmer from 24 on it) and I started to scan it over and it seemed pretty interesting... Kinda reminded me of GI Joe.. so I rented the first disc and gave it a go.. it's pretty good...

Basically it follows a Special Ops type group of the Army known as The Unit... The members family live on base.. the only down part is kinda the scenes with the wives in it.. but they're not that bad...

Anyway.. just wondering if anyone else has been watching it, if it's been picked up for a second season, and what people think about it?

I know this isn't Joe related.. so to be fair.. in one episode.. one member calls another GI Joe @loll@ So, leave it here!!! Stares Mods in the eye...go ahead... try it! @firedevil@

j/k @smilepunch@

Actually, I can make this thread "GIJoe-related" with just one statement.

In the episode that aired LAST week, Bob's mission designation was "Cool Breeze".

Someone on the writing staff has to have read Hama's GIJoe in their youth-- that's just not that common of a name.

The Unit is one of the few TV series besides SG-1 that I look forward to each week. I've been recording it on my Media Center PC just so that I have a good copy until Season 2 hits DVD!

I caught a couple of episodes here and there, and snippets of some over the season..........its okay.

Its derived from some of the spate of recent books and documentaries regarding SPECWAR operators and their memoirs--with a emphasis on the family life therein.

I guess there's enough "drama" in that kind of life for a TV show. Some of the stuff in the eps I watched came across as heavy-handed, both in the duty of the operators and the families, so I've tuned out.

At least its not the rah-rah fluff that was Navy SEALS.

MY wife watches it, so I always see it on but never really payed attention. This week she convinced me to watch and I am hooked , the wifes part is kinda not for me , but if they keep it interesting I dont mind, but the action parts were awesome!!!

Heroes, Friday Night Lights and now the UNit plus all the other great shows on right now.....

....FINALLY WE APPEAR TO HAVE MOVED AWAY FROM ALL THE STUPID REALITY GAME SHOWS !!!!!

and have gotten back to some good 80's style shows again.