Joe Toughman Tourney Round #2

Crimson Twins

Well folks, here we are. About one week after the start of our wonderful tournament, and we have 17 Cobras (counting Noks as Cobras) and 15 Joes still remaining. I've been previewing the upcoming matches, and we got some real slobberknockers coming up. I predict brackets 1 and 3 will have some of the closest matches we've seen to date. Joerhyno is going to have us some beautiful brackets done up for us a bit later. I hope everyone has had a good time so far. I know it's been a blast writing it up for you guys. Remember the winners here are going on to the Sweet 16. And the losers will be going home with their heads hanging. We haven't really had a Cinderella story like we had last year with the Viper making it to Round #3. Razorclaw seems to be our only no-name guy that made it past the first round. His reward for making it: Gung Ho in the second round. But, enough of my babble. If you're reading this you're wanting to vote on the matches (I hope), so here goes:

The Toughest Joe Tournament Round #2

Bracket #1

Quick Kick

vs.

Shipwreck

MAJ Barrage

vs.

Interrogator

The Fridge

vs.

Venomous Maximus

Razorclaw

vs.

Gung Ho

And as an added bonus, we're doing two brackets at once.

Bracket #2

Major Bludd

vs.

Barbeque

Torch

vs.

Outback

Croc Master

vs.

CPT Gridiron

Serpentor

vs.

Mainframe

Now get to voting.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracket #1

Quick Kick

Interrogator

Venomous Maximus

Razorclaw

Bracket #2

Major Bludd

Torch

Croc Master

Serpentor

Quick Kick

Interrogator

The Fridge

Gung Ho

Major Bludd

Outback

Croc Master

Serpentor

Bracket #1

Shipwreck ( I dont like either of these guys)

MAJ Barrage

The Fridge

Razorclaw

Bracket #2

Major Bludd

Outback

CPT Gridiron

Serpentor

@firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ HOTSEAT WAS ROBBED !!!!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@

@firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@ HOTSEAT WAS ROBBED !!!!! @firedevil@ @firedevil@ @firedevil@

Don't blame me I voted for ... er... um ... Yeah, I voted for Dice, so I guess you could blame me. And the 19 other people. @loll@

There's always next year.

Now then, for my votes:

Quick Kick ( I can't stand Shipwreck. Never have, never will.)

MAJ Barrage (C'mon, he's my guy. I got to vote for him.)

Ven. Max. (See above comment)

Razorclaw (come on underdog!)

MAJ Bludd (that firefighter suit on BBQ has got to wear him down after a while.)

Outback (if you're hard enough to wear white in the jungle, you should be able to beat anyone)

Croc Master (I'm not a big Bears fan. I picture that scene from Lake Placid where the giant croc comes out of the water, and drags the bear away howling. Great stuff. edit. Except it has nothing to do with this match. Don't know why I thought CM was fighting the Fridge.)

Serpentor (The first tournament was his idea, and he came in second. Now that there's no Firefly, he should be a sure thing to win it all.)

Guest McBragg

Votes:

Bracket #1

Quick Kick

MAJ Barrage

Venomous Maximus

Gung Ho

Bracket #2

Major Bludd

Outback

Croc Master

Serpentor

Quick Kick (beats the drunken sailor)

Interrogator (beats the 'roid boy)

Venomous Maximus

Gung-Ho

Barbecue (beats the poetry writing sissy)

Torch (beats the Brawny paper towel spokesman wannabe)

(had to have both BBQ & Torch to win and see them fight fire with fire)

Capt. Gridiron

(No love for the Capt.? His primary MOS is hand-to hand combat. w/o the whip, gators & crocs, Croc Master is nothing)

Serpentor

Bracket #1

Shipwreck

Interrogator

The Fridge

Gung Ho

Bracket #2

Major Bludd

Outback

CPT Gridiron

Mainframe

here we go

Bracket #1

Quick Kick hands down, Ship probably would show up cause he hangs out in to may dockside bars

Interrogator, he scares me more

The Fridge, VM sucks @$$

Gung Ho nuff said

Bracket #2

Major Bludd, despite my bbq love (his v1 figure beats the hell out of bludds) i gotta go with the home team advantage (strangely enough there are heaps more cobras from Australia than joes maybe hasbro thinks we were pretty evil during the 80s)

Outback, all about Survival baby

Croc Master, much cooler figure

Serpentor, Would wipe the floor with the joes computer nerd

I've been previewing the upcoming matches, and we got some real slobberknockers coming up. I predict brackets 1 and 3 will have some of the closest matches we've seen to date.

Well, thanks for making a liar out of me. The closest margin of victory in Bracket #1 was five votes. Maybe I'll get it right with Bracket #3. So, here we go with the results.

Bracket #1

The Academy award for best actor in an action film goes to Quick Kick for his portrayal of a karate loving wise guy in the movie "Shipwreck got his @$$ Kicked"

Quick Kick wins 18-3. (Yeah I thought this would be a close one. :rolleyes: )

Interrogator wins the award for most intimidating character to have his butt handed to him after dominating in the first round.

MAJ Barrage wins 13-8. (Another close one in my mind. :rolleyes: )

Venomous Maximus wins the MVP and even scored a touchdown on offense in the Superbowl. @hmmm@ The Fridge went home wishing he was playing on this year's Bear's team.

VM wins it 16-5. (Yup, you guesses it. Thought it would be close. :rolleyes: )

Gung Ho goes home with the "I crushed the underdog's spirit" award. Poor Razorclaw. You can't have Lifeline in every round to whip up on.

Gung Ho wins 17-4.

Bracket #2

Barbeque didn't get any award. Hell, all he got was whooped. I think MAJ Bludd kicked his dog, beat his kids, and slept with his wife, too.

MAJ Bludd kills BBQ 20-1. (I thought BBQ would have got more than a sympathy vote here. Where's Draven when BBQ needs him?)

The best mustache and beard award goes to Outback. Another Dreadnok falls. Could Zartan's plan be falling apart?

Outback wins 16-5.

Croc Master wins 'Best Halloween Costume' beating out CPT Gridiron's attempt at a Peyton Manning costume. Although CPT Gridiron choking when it counts almost had everyone thinking he was the Colts QB. @smilepunch@

Zarana won the award for 'Least likely to help her man against a snake clad emperor.' (so the award is a little specific.) Serpy put Zarana in her place, much to the dismay of Mainframe. Could there be retaliation somewhere down the line?

Serpentor commands another victory 18-3.

There you have it. Bracket's 1 and 2 Round 2 are in the record books. Now for Brackets 3 and 4:

Bracket #3

Destro

vs.

Jinx

Beachhead

vs.

Cobra Commander

Road Pig

vs.

Leatherneck

Roadblock

vs.

Zartan

Bracket #4

Big Boa

vs.

Zarana

Storm Shadow

vs.

Dice

Ghost Bear

vs.

Burnout

Lady Jaye

vs.

Duke

Now, let's see those votes start coming in!

Bracket #3

Destro, clever as jinxy is Destro rules

Beachhead, heheheh he'd get CC with is stench

Road Pig, tougher toughman

Roadblock, who wants a body massage

Bracket #4

Zarana, cause of boas bondage costume

Storm Shadow, no contest

Ghost Bear, a nice figure

Duke, oooooooh a toughy i love both these guys but duke is my all time fave joe