Agh! Damn it Ken!

MST3KFan

I had just gotten him like a week ago and noticed something was up with my SOTA Street Fighter Ken figure in that his right arm didn't seem in all the way not to mention a bit overly tight on moving, which at the time I only did a little for a pose.

However, today, when I decided to place him in a new pose...his arm broke. Just snapped right off where the arm meets the shoulder peg. This throughly pisses me off, but I had heard of people having troubles with their own SF figures in similar manners...I really didn't have any until this. And this was a red Ken too.

So now I have to buy a new one, and now it makes me very worried about trying to move my other figures around to pose for fear of something breaking on them. I have had only one other incident similar to this deal with the peg somehow stuck in the arm issue...and that was with Blanka, but cause it was his wrist I was able to remedy it with patience. I just didn't think Ken's would just snap so easily as I hardly was moving it. I had no pressure on it or anything.

It's especially annoying considering unlike other toy lines, these guys aren't very easy to acquire.

I've had that with some figures (Gen), the trick is if it feels too tight to try pushing the joint in if possible, twisting only makes a broken figure.

Hmm.. Really? With Blanka's wrist I managed by carefully kind of moving it around a bit. Unlike Ken's whom just snapped like a twig. I've heard some people mention to try heating up the joint with hot water. I know it works with Marvel Legends, but the Street Fighter figures are made of a bit different plastic then them.

Dont buy a new one.... email jed@sotatoys.com and he'll send you a replacement (assuming they have some left from round 2).

Email him and see what he says.

I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have any left to replace the older figure lines. Maybe that was just Round 1 figures. I dunno. I can try.

Dont buy a new one.... email jed@sotatoys.com and he'll send you a replacement (assuming they have some left from round 2).

Email him and see what he says.

I thought I read somewhere that they didn't have any left to replace the older figure lines. Maybe that was just Round 1 figures. I dunno. I can try.

Yeah man give it a shot, it can't hurt. I know that if they dont have any red kens left, they will offer you a ken in a different color if they have any of those left. I would think they at least have one ken left whether its red, brown, yellow, white or the purple version.

I've had that with some figures (Gen), the trick is if it feels too tight to try pushing the joint in if possible, twisting only makes a broken figure.

Hmm.. Really? With Blanka's wrist I managed by carefully kind of moving it around a bit. Unlike Ken's whom just snapped like a twig. I've heard some people mention to try heating up the joint with hot water. I know it works with Marvel Legends, but the Street Fighter figures are made of a bit different plastic then them.

The wrist(designed to be interchangable) is different to the shoulder joint, although I have heard of some of the wrist connecters breaking when removed (on smaller characters Chun Li, Cammy) due to them being thinner. I've never tried the hot water method so I couldn't say how well it works.

TO be honest with u guys. I bought round1-4 and havent expereince any of my figures broken. Ofcourse there's tight and loose joints but those are usually hard to prevent.

MST3K, i think u can email SOTA about ur fig and get a replacement?

TO be honest with u guys. I bought round1-4 and havent expereince any of my figures broken. Ofcourse there's tight and loose joints but those are usually hard to prevent.

MST3K, i think u can email SOTA about ur fig and get a replacement?

I've done so, just waiting for a response on it, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had none left. I've got T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Ibuki coming from online stores in the coming week...hopefully they'll be fine.

Yeah man give it a shot, it can't hurt. I know that if they dont have any red kens left, they will offer you a ken in a different color if they have any of those left. I would think they at least have one ken left whether its red, brown, yellow, white or the purple version.

I got a response back. No more replacement figures for Series 1 or 2 at all. I've been offered though a replacement figure from Series 3 or 4 in its place. I just have to decide which one then to get on that after I snap a photo of the damaged Ken...

Gen

Adon

Birdie

Remy

...are the only ones I don't have. Any recommendations who to get?

Thats sad.

Ken's one of my favourite characters in SF and it suck if I wasn able to complete my SF collection.

Anyway. If I mite head back to Hong Kong this X-mas and I'll see if i can get u a Ken(red or white) cheap. I think it's still around for

HK$88 which is 11 bucks US?

l think you should choose a figure you don't mind having missing parts since l am guessin that Sota will just send you the toy, alone.

out of the ones you listed, I think Adon comes with the fewest parts; you will just be missing his street fighter 1 head, and a pair of alternate hands.

Well, I took the majority's advice and chose Adon for the replacement figure. I wonder what version I'm getting, but at least I'm getting something out of this. I also got a new red outfit Ken through a store, though truthfully I like my first Ken figure a bit more, this one doesn't seem as detailed/worked on I got now. But I got Ken again, so no complaining.

I serious hope SOTA gets the remaining core Super Street Fighter II cast...though I originally planned on just getting those characters I do have Ibuki (figure looked very cool) and with Adon on the way now...

I have a similar situation to the topic creator. I just opened my Ken that I received, and all seems to be working, except he can't twist at his calf joint. What I'm wondering is if that cut is supposed to be able to move? If so, should I try boiling some water and putting his legs in to get rid of some stuck paint, if it's supposed to move?